“Good Brisket”

Spring Creek BBQ
Ranked #8 of 540 Restaurants in Spring
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The brisket is very tender and moist.. The hot yeast rolls that they server are excellent. I have also had there chopped beef sanwich which is very good also. They serve Blue Bell ice cream and hot fruit cobler.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The BBQ is very good compared to other establishments in Texas. However, you get much more for your money with eat in orders then to go orders. I usually get the pulled pork sandwich and it was noticeably thinner when ordered to go. When I called about it, I was told that they weigh the meat. Well I never saw a scale and if I ever get another to go sandwich, I will ask them to show me the weight on a scale.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Visited on 2/24 with a client, and the place was very 'welcoming'. I opted for the 2-meat, taking brisket and black pepper sausage. Sides included mac/cheese, green beans, cole slaw, and potato salad. They have several more, and have a 'Works' combo for those with major appetites.

The dining room was well crafted, with classic Coca-cola decor, and a southern down home feel. I would stop here again.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a good place to take your family. The atmosphere is very relaxed, and the meat and side dishes are good (not great, rather bland). A staff member walks around delivering hot rolls which, to me, don't have any flavor so I pass on those. The salad with turkey meal is large...but they tend to skimp on the turkey. Even so, this is my favorite item. The sliced BBQ sandwich has a lot of meat. I'm disappointed that as a senior, I can't order a child's plate. My appetite has dropped and to order a full meal is a waste. I talked to the manager and was told that I could order a child's portion of meat ($3.00) and then pay for additional sides...as long as you get just one side, it's a good deal. Also, this last time I found a hair deeply embedded in my BBQ sandwich. I'm glad I took my sandwich apart to eat just the meat and a little bread! We will continue to dine here...it's quick, relaxing, and good enough.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a casual joint with large tables and an atmosphere made to enjoy the BBQ. It isn't fancy.

I thought the BBQ was very good. But, the side dishes were disappointing. Between my wife and I, we had 3 different side dishes. While all of them were disappointing, the macaroni and cheese was particularly dry, lumpy, and YECH!

The meat was tender, flavorful, and moist. It was almost like the side dishes came from another restaurant.

Another highlight were the bread-loaf shaped buns. These were tender, warm, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.