“Great, Huge Salads”

Cuisines: American
Montgomery, Texas
“Great, Huge Salads”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I met a friend here for lunch following dental appointments. My wife and I had a glass of white wine which was a generous pour and a good wine. Our friend had an iced tea since she had to go back to work that afternoon. My wife ordered the Eden Grilled Chicken Salad. Our friend ordered the Laura's Salad which consisted of fresh spinach, strawberries, mandarin orange slices, caramelized walnuts, and gorgonzola cheese with a house vinaigrette. Both salads were huge! The menu offered a combination of soup of the day with either a small salad or half a sandwich. I inquired if instead I could have a small salad and half a sandwich? Allie, our server, said of course. I ordered the chicken panini and the Laura's Salad. Allie said there would be a small upcharge for the Laura's salad (I believe it was only 25 cents!) and I said fine. The panini was very good and the Laura's salad was excellent. I'd certainly go back again.

• Visited November 2013

Houston, Texas
“Nice variety, friendly service”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were so excited to see this little cafe open in our area. We had heard good things about it and were not disappointed. They have a great variety of foods - sandwiches, salads, soup as well fish, pasta, chicken and beef entrees. There is a nice selection of sides as well.
The owners are a Cuban and Central American couple and this is reflected in some of the dishes. They have done a great job of tweaking their restaurant to better serve their clientele. When they opened, you ordered at the cash register and then sat down and your food was delivered. Now it is regular seated ordering and dining with the menu at your table.
We have not tried any of the new dessert tray items, which look very tempting, but have to say we really miss the cookies and brownies they started out with that are no longer offered. They were fabulous!
Service is always friendly and attentive with the owner stopping by tables on occasion. The interior of the restaurant is well done, not too fussy or overly casual. The prices are reasonable. We are very happy to have this as a go to place for lunch and dinner and we love their motto: "Food, Faith and Family".

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Betsy S
Spring, Tx
“Great new find”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

A friend suggested Eden Cafe so I tried it last night. I was very impressed with the service and the decor of the restaurant. Several people stopped by our table to check to see if everything was OK. Everyone there was very friendly. The menu was very interesting with plenty of choices for whatever you were hungry for. I had the Shrimp Scampi for $12.95 add a small salad for another $2. Large portions on everything. Wednesday's are half price on bottles of wine. All in all I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I love to do lunch together when we can. The Eden Cafe is perfect for our dates. The service is excellent everytime and they are not trying to rush you out of there. The atmosphere is finer dining but you can get away with casual. It's a popular place for lunch now so come early. The owner of the place is a soft spoken Cuban man with a great attitude and personally attentive.

The most important thing is the food is great. I usually get the soup and 1/2 sandwich special for $7.95. Everyday is a different soup, but my favorite is the chicken noodle on Thursday. I have had a burger, spaghetti, French dip and chicken sandwich and they are all excellent. If you get a sandwich, get the homemade chips, worth it! On Wednesdays they have 1/2 priced bottles of wine and the beer special price is less than an iced tea sometimes. TWO THUMBS UP for lunch..

• Visited June 2013
“Food, Faith and Family”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Try the Pasta Marsala and the Buttermilk Pie for dessert. We have eaten here over a dozen times since it's recent opening and haven't had a bad experience yet.

• Visited June 2013