“A Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TGR Exotics Wildlife Park

TGR Exotics Wildlife Park
Ranked #5 of 25 things to do in Spring
More attraction details
Owner description: Grab Your Safari Gear. Your adventure begins HERE! At TGR Exotics Wildlife Park, you will get up close and personal with some of Planet Earth's most exotic, fascinating, and endangered animals. Here you will find more than 100 animals representing over 25 species. All our animals are raised hands on, if not completely hand raised, and they have amazing personalities and dispositions. Go to our website to book your tour.
Spring
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I like to say that we had a wonderful Sunday afternoon with Gwen and her friends. My wife Cindy and I go to zoos all over the country Houston and New Orleans being right up there behind San Diego Zoo. TGR isn’t a Zoo experience it much more up close and personal with Gwen’s, fury friends and family. She gives and nice interactive tour where you get to get up close and personal with some of the animals learn a little about them and touch and pet some. It is very apparent that all the animals are very well cared for, loved and treated with care. Chaco the camel very friendly just wants attention and some petting. Most of the animal’s respond to Gwen when called by their name from the domestic, goats and pigs, llamas, to the Camels, Indian porky pine even the aardvarks and sloths. The children have great time leave with a smile and as adults which have a love for all of God’s creatures and just want to share a moment with them. So if you have a hour or so I suggest making time and go meet Gwen’s friends and family at TGR Exotics Wildlife Park. You be happy you did. Merle and Cindy Heard

Visited March 2014
9 Thank Merle H

The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not worth it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

The keeper leading our group was entertaining and full of valuable information. This is really not the place for young children, best for elementary age. The end of the tour concludes in a long slow line to pay. At this point the price changed from the advertised $10 per person to $15. The original price was on their outdated mobile website but they refused to honor their own listed price. I would suggest going to the actual zoo. As an attempt at fairness, at the beginning of the tour we were informed that exhibiting animals is not their main objective, breeding for larger zoos is their role. So if you go with lowered expectations and enjoy bait and switch price gouging this place is great.

Visited March 2014
13 Thank A656
Spring, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

You have to book your reservation, and they are only open a few days a month so this won't be a spur of the moment trip. That said, it was very fascinating. We learned about a lot of different animals, and even got to touch several of them. You can get much closer to the animals than at a zoo, so you can really watch them. I would highly recommend this for a family with elementary school children.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank SarahS05
Houston, Texas
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I went here during October, expecting lots of animals for my toddler to see and pet. There was a large field with several friendly pigs and goats....that was fun. Then we went into the fenced in area and I was expecting "lots" of animals but there was a small kangaroo which was quite approachable, and a cat. That was it. Once we walked around the property, there was a turkey in a pen, and way, way on the other side of a large fenced in area, a llama (I guess) lying down and a small horse (I think...quite far away). The handlers brought out different animals for the kids to look at, and it looked like there were some cages on the other side of the property, but since everyone I saw go over there just looked around as though there was nothing there and turned back, I didn't go check it out myself. Perhaps I misunderstood what to expect during that particular month. it was pleasant enough for an outing, but not at all the "better than any zoo" or particularly "amazing" place the other reviewers made it sound like. Honestly they wrote like people with a vested interest in the place. Was torn between rating it a 2 or a 3, but giving it the benefit of the doubt that I might have missed something. I also felt $7 was a bit high for what we experienced.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank jph2010
The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An awesome place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have never seen cleaner or healthier animals! TGR was a wonderful place. My family had an awesome time. A great walk on this natural preserve where you get to meet and learn about many different animals. A great learning experience. We will return!

Visited September 2013