“Very Good, but Loud”

Gratzi italian Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 528 Restaurants in Spring
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a very good Italian restaurant smack in suburbia. It could use some acoustic dampening though. It was very noisy, frenetic full of people who think babies should be out at restaurants at 7pm. Met the owner. Nice guy, significant experience and it shows. Food was very good, portions large, prices very reasonable and the service was very capable (all young and good looking, male and female). I would go there again, but not a great place unless you can handle a lot of noise. The pizza was excellent, the salad with their house made vinaigrette was excellent. Fettuccine Alfredo was smooth and creamy with al dente pasta, excellent, not the blobby stuff you get some places.

1  Thank Erik C

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I absolutely love the fact that this is a privately owned restaurant as opposed to a chain. The waitstaff is always attentive and take alot of time with their customers. The food...well the food is TO DIE FOR! Everything I've ever had there is just delicious and their desserts are out of this world. We return again and again.

1  Thank amarinesmom226
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Date night with my hubby here last night. Food was excellent! We had the veal Oscar and the Chicken Romano for dinner as well as the tiramisu for dessert. Everything is prepared from scratch right down to the sponge cake used in the tiramisu. The owner interacts with his customers and it is obvious that he takes great pride in serving an amazing home cooked meal for his customers.

1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants! Certainly my go-to place for Italian. Richard White, the owner and chef takes a "hands-on" approach to his restaurant and it shows. I have eaten lunch, dinner and had events catered from Gratzi's and never been disappointed. Two of my favorites are the Chicken Romano and the Roasted Chicken Lasagna, but I've tried just about everything. I love the artichokes and olives in the Chicken Roamano and the crema rosa sauce in the Roasted Chicken Lasagna is super delicious. Other favorites are the antipasta platter for an appetizer and the cheesecake for dessert! We like to go for dinner on Wednesdays - we call it winesday :). Gratzi's offers a special $7 bottle of wine - there is a red & a white. They are both quite good considering the price. As I said - one of my favorite restaurants!!

1  Thank sdatex
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Really impressed, the food was amazing, really well made. Definitely get the dessert. We will be back!

1  Thank MarkBrownsky