“Fantastic stay very close to The Woodlands”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston North/Spring
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Spring
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Fantastic stay very close to The Woodlands”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I recently stayed one night at the Farfield Inn in Spring, TX the night before a meeting in The Woodlands Waterway Place area. The hotel location could not be beat. It was right off of the highway and close to The Woodlands.
The hotel is brand new (I think the clerk said they've been open 8 months) and it shows. The check-in was quick and friendly. I found my room to be large, modern and super comfortable. The decor is really nice and the room had a great spot to work, sit and then sleep. The free wi-fi in the room was easy to use and fast. In the morning, the shower was strong and powerful with plenty of hot water. The free breakfast was basic, and similar to many other business class hotels, but it was fine. The coffee was actually better than expected!
Overall this was a great stay and I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff, wonderful room, awesome stay. Joel and Robert were very accommodating with every issue/need we had. Would stay here anytime I'm in Spring and recommend anyone passing through to check in.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Tyrone, Georgia
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Nice new hotel (still has the "new" smell). Check in was quick. I stayed during the week, so noise level was down. I did have a room that overlooked the highway so if that is a problem, ask for a room on the back side. Breakfast was standard - they had scramble eggs and sausage patty. If you're looking for a luxury hotel (sorry Fairfield is not in this class), this is not it, but if you are looking for a clean, inexpensive hotel to stay at, this is it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Slade V, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston North/Spring, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our property. We appreciate the opportunity to learn and grow from all our guest experience. We strive to have all of our guest checked in with the quickness and ease in which you were checked in, and thank you for joining us for our free complementary hot breakfast. We hope that you will choose to stay with our hotel should your return to The Woodlands area in the near future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Most travelers know that Fairfields are known for their low budget family packed
weekends. This was no exception.
Noise and loud door-banging adults and children on all floors.
Hard to believe...the original FAIRFIELD was a quiet manor house used
by the Marriott Family. So much for a name!

Room Tip: If you really need sleeeep...try elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands South by mistake thinking it was located north of The Woodlands at I-45 and 242. The item I missed was the clear designation of South in the name which is the same on TripAdvisor and the Marriott site. The address for the hotel was not accurate to my ATT phone so it took a few tries to find the hotel. I reported the correction to ATT and hopefully it will help others find the hotel quicker. The directions on the Marriott site are good.
The hotel appeared to be new, less than 1 year for sure, with a bright entrance, lobby breakfast and reception area. There are food and snacks available for purchase which worked out well for my midnight snack.
The clerks were very polite and had my information pre-printed which expedited the check-in process. The elevator was nice but the ding that announced passing each floor sounded like a painful gong on a blown speaker. There is probably a better tone that can be selected then next time it is serviced.
The rooms were nicely appointed with large flat screen with many channels for viewing, a well lit work area and desk, nice vanity area outside of the shower and toilet, reading lights on the headboard, and iPod/iPhone clock with charger. There was a microwave and mini-fridge as well. As a frequent traveler, I liked the layout and set up of the room. My room was on the I-45 side so there was a bit of road noise most of the night. The fan drowned out most of the sound and ear plugs took care of the rest. There are dozens if not hundreds of restaurants within a couple of miles of the hotel so you should not have any issue in finding one that meets your needs.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Center Point, IA
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was supposed to be a new hotel that opened in July 2013. I was a little confused about the wear and tear already present. For example, picture frames in the room with dents and scratches. That was odd. But, odder still, were dresser drawers with only a single pull on the right hand side. It was awkward opening the drawers in 224.

Also, because of the location, all trips had to begin by going south on the frontage road for about a mile before you could turn in another direction. That adds a bit of time for all trips.

Room Tip: Our room faced the interstate and was a bit noisy. I'd recommend a room on the back side. Als...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Yvette S, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston North/Spring, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
WebdudeIA,

Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent stay. It's always helpful to learn firsthand from our guests the successes and challenges they experience while at our hotel. As a brand NEW Fairfield Inn & Suites hotel in the Spring/The Woodlands market our goal is to exemplify the quality and standards Marriott hotels are known for worldwide. It's wonderful to hear that you had great interactions with our staff; they keep a daily focus on providing our guests with a customer service experience that exceeds all expectations. We take great pride in the decor of our hotel - from the modern furnishings and mobile desk surfaces of our guest rooms, to the state-of-the-art technology offered in our meeting space.

Please know we've taken your feedback to heart and specifically walked your sleeping room to ensure that any small defects on picture frames have been fixed. We want to ensure that all of our guests feel both comfortable and relaxed in our sleeping rooms.

Our hotel is centrally located off the I-45 Rayford/Sawdust exit in Spring. Guests heading South on the interstate need only travel less than a tenth of a mile on the frontage road to reach the interstate, while those heading north will turn-around under the interstate and take the first entrance on their left. I apologize for any confusion you experienced heading to work. As a new Houston driver, I can attest that interstate entrances can come up fast if you're not expecting them.

We hope that you'll choose to stay at our hotel again on your next trip to Spring, Texas!

Always,