“Great American basics in a friendly low-key place.”
Review of JP's Grill - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great American basics in a friendly low-key place.”
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Want a relaxed meal? Handmade burgers 1/2 OR 1/4 lb size with customized toppings. Or large grilled hot dogs. Add handmade onion rings and shakes and it is comfort food heaven. They also have beer. All we wanted was a small non-pretentious meal and we found it here. All served with warmth and humor.

Visited March 2014

houston
“Great grill food”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this place and this is my fourth visit in a month. Great fresh food that is made by JP. Fresh cut fries (including sweet potato) and red onion beer battered onion rings made to order and not from the freezer. In store ground meet for burgers with angus beef and brisket blended for a perfect flavor on a bakery fresh bun. Pickles from Chicago top it off. . . Awesome. The chicken fried steak and potatoes and veggies made me feel like I was in the country eating at grandma's house. I had the fish on Friday special last time and it was excellent too. The prices are amazing for the quality of the food. The kids loved the hot dogs and ordered them smothered in chili that turned our to also be made from scratch by JP. Three of the four times I have been here, JP has come out of the kitchen to see if we were happy with out choices. It is crowded at lunch but calm at dinner time. Add this to your favorites for casual but excellent food.

• Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
“Best Hamburguers in The Woodlands, Texas”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

JP's Grill is one of my wife and I favorite restaurants. We have tried just about everything on the menu and we have not found a dish we did not like.

The hamburgers are really, really great. The onion rings are superb, and their home-made fries are really good, especially if you ask them to cook them a bit longer.

Try their chicken sandwiches. They are awesome!

The owner and the whole restaurant staff are always helpful and friendly.

If you have not visited them yet. Give them a try!! Be patient, sometimes they get very busy and the service may be a tad slow, but, you will not be sorry once your food is on the table.

My wife and I only eat red meat once a week, and we always save it for JP's.

I suggest trying the Murphy's Burger. You never know what the boys in the kitchen will do, but I have never had one burger I was sorry I ordered!!

• Visited October 2013