“Not bad for the price”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Spring
New Orleans
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

For the price ($50/nt) it is good. If I had paid a lot more then my rating would be lower. The room was clean and comfortable and bathroom was fine. The curtains really kept out the light. The bed was comfortable. The first night there was a musty kind of smell - maybe because the room hadn't been used in a while. They were fully booked that night because of a concert nearby so maybe the room we had was not one that is used often. I found the water pressure for the shower to be good. We did not use the microwave but it was convenient to have the fridge to keep some drinks cold.

I did not expect breakfast to be included for such a low price. It was not bad. They had waffles that you made yourself using a waffle iron - surprisingly good. They also had bagels, and bread that you could toast, and then add cream cheese, butter and/or jelly; packaged muffins; bananas and apples; juice; milk; and coffee.

The front desk staff was very nice. I liked them.

I would probably stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sanger, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2012

well here we are again, reviewing another hotel. as I am on the road over 300 days a year, I stay in many.

The Super 8 Spring/The Woodlands has some good and some bad, and some ugly.

The staff is great, excellent housekeeping. Maintanence leaves some to be desired.

The rooms are a bit dated, I am sure they were nice a decade ago, but come on. With that in mind, they are not really bad, but not really good either. Water pressure in the shower was weak. Perhaps it is a gamble on the room you get. I had a business king and was not overly impressed.

So the good; the staff, the housekeeping, umm, the rooms are clean, as are towels and linens. Lots of security cameras throughout the parking lot and building areas.

The bad, mini fridge was iced over, making it difficult to open the door, microwave was sort of nasty. Bed was sprung, but as it was a king, there was a firmer spot in the center which I was able to sleep on. No weatherstrip on the door, so every time a neighbor opened or closed a door, the room door shakes in the jamb (asked to have this fixed, not addressed in the two weeks I was there). Hot tub in not working, no plans to fix it either. 9 of 13 nights, the room above would be rented out to a herd of animals, thumping across the floor all hours of the night, bummer as I had to be out the door at 6 am each day, by the end of the stay I was a bit tired and ready for a new hotel to stay in, anywhere. Commode flushed really slowly and filled at a snails pace.

The ugly, the room accessories, unless you like 90's decor that is. Also, the movers who stayed over 1 night using the parking lot for a urinal in the morning, not to cool. Guests drinking and partying on the balconies and in the parking lot, not cool either. The ugliest? The lack of quality in repairs on the ceilings. A hint to the owners, you get what you pay for, pay someone who actually repairs drywall for a living to repair your walls and ceilings, you are after all supposed to be a professional hotel.

Overall, if you are only staying a night or two, probably a good deal. The 'free' breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, the coffee is standard bottom of the barrel 2 star hotel swill.

Will I stay there again, probably not. Would I recommend this hotel? Not to someone I like.

Room Tip: Third floor, no overhead noise, problem with this though is there are no elevators, so first floor i...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Pierce G
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and loved it.it was very quiet off freeway after long day at work and lots of restaurant with in 5 minutes. best part i liked is bed and shower. There was no fitness center but I dont mind give up fitness center for the quiestness and price for the room I paid.

Room Tip: I would say yes for the price I paid.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed here 2 nights on July 27th and 28th. Was there for my aunt's funeral so a sad occasion. We arrived at around 9:30am after driving 900 miles through the night. I know check-in wasn't till 3 but asked if we could check in early. They said that housekeeping didn't come in till 10 but they would give us 1st available. My girlfriend said she would wait in the lobby as I went to pick up some relatives who had flown in that morning. Got back to the hotel a little after 11 and she was still sitting in the lobby. Counter person said they were full and no one had checked out till after 11. Girlfriend said that the girl had asked her manager twice about a room for her the manager said not to give her one till after 11:30. To be fair, I know we were way early and they were full but I think they might have been able to get a room ready a little faster. That being said it was a clean and comfortable room. Blanket had a hole in it but was clean. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in May....Our room was very clean and furniture seemed pretty new....lots of hot water and great waterpressure for showers....the breakfast was really good too...hit the spot for a long day out...
best part was the location....several places close to eat...and central to everything we were there to do..
Would I stay here again...Oh heck yes...we were very surprised that this was such a nice place compaired to other Super 8's we have stayed at.
Also the employees were very friendly...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank mscarla
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with 3 other people, and I have to say that it was very well worth it. The front desk people were friendly, helped out whenever it was needed of them, and they were always friendly

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
California City, California
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The rooms are great with all new furnishings, breakfast area is extremely nice, staff is very friendly and helpful. Easy access to I-45.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ashley c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston North-Spring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston North-Spring
Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
#11 of 18 in The Woodlands

Been to Super 8 Spring/The Woodlands Area? Share your experiences!