“Least expensive CLEAN hotel in the Woodlands”

Super 8 Spring/The Woodlands Area
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Spring
Pattaya, Thailand
“Least expensive CLEAN hotel in the Woodlands”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I own a business in the Woodlands but I live in another state. I have been staying in this hotel perhaps for 20 years, going back to when it was a Red Roof Inn. I try to time my trips to one night visits, but I have spent as much as a month in this hotel at a time.

The staff of this hotel is always very polite and attempt to be helpful. I don't think I have ever had the continental breakfast or coffee, but the lobby where it is served is always clean and fresh smelling.

This is an old hotel -- but they have done a good job making it nice. Beds are comfortable, showers work well, and aircons are acceptable. Aircons are the typical style that are under window -- I don't like them because I feel you never get a room comfortable, either too hot or too cold. But that is the aircon of choice for so many chains.

Internet is provided free (not like Extended Stay America in Woodlands where I have had to spend a few nights as well). However, they have problems with the wireless equipment often and numerous trips left me not able to connect.

There is a pool, which is clean and bright, but I have never put my toe in it. Parking is excellent, most often directly in front of your room. If you are in a car pulling a small trailer, there are plenty of spaces on the side of the building to park.

I have stayed in the rooms facing the interstate and didn't have problems with the noise as long as the door was closed and the aircon on. Some rooms are bigger than others I found. End rooms are better IMO because you won't have someone on one side of you.

Access to the hotel is easy from the feeder road going to the hotel, and the back way which brings you to the door of a shopping center, with Wendys, Walgreens, and a dozen other restaurants all within 3 minutes.

Once a year I have to bring staff to the Woodlands, and I put everyone here. There have never been any complaints.

I don't think you will find a less expensive, nice, clean hotel in the Woodlands area.

Room Tip: For me, best rooms are DOWNSTAIRS in the building on the side street rather than the building facing...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed in this hotel on 9/14/12. Have previously stayed there this year, was on front side first time, now on back side. DO NOT STAY THERE. We had a 3rd floor room, MANY shady looking people standing outside smoking and wandering around aimlessly. One room on the floor looked like someone had taken a crowbar to it and tried to bust it open. The room smelled terrible. Stale and musty. Asked for a different room and was told 3rd floor back was all that was available and I'd had this reservation for WEEKS. NOT HAPPY won't EVER stay again and I am in the Woodlands constantly to stay.

Room Tip: Find another hotel...seriously, unless you are travelling with a man, you won't feel comfortable...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I practically live in hotels, and this place is NOT AS ADVERTISED. The rooms are ancient: holes in the carpet, holes in the bedspreads, and badly-fixed holes in the walls. You can see daylight around the door jams, the picture on the website are site are either staged or represent a small sampling of rooms. The air conditioner is really rough (tho quiet).

I am in hotels over 200 nights per year, and as a business traveler, I have to say this place leaves A LOT to be desired for the money.

Their internet is so slow as to be laughable; the rooms are not comfortable to stay long in, the property is run-down; the "breakfast" is a joke.

The bed was somewhat comfortable.

I am writing this from the hotel, and had to wait over 15 minutes just for TripAdvisor.com to load. (No streaming video for you Netflix or YouTube users.)

There is no microwave or refrigerator standard in the rooms. I originally booked for a week as I am here on business, but am leaving after 2 days because of the above situations. (I would rather drive more miles daily than remain here.) Although I didn't indulge, the pool looks like a joke.

The staff are attentive, but that can't begin to make up for the short-comings of this place.

I'm out'a here.

Room Tip: Request a refrigerator and microwave room when booking. Limited supply.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
New Orleans
Reviewed 28 August 2012

For the price ($50/nt) it is good. If I had paid a lot more then my rating would be lower. The room was clean and comfortable and bathroom was fine. The curtains really kept out the light. The bed was comfortable. The first night there was a musty kind of smell - maybe because the room hadn't been used in a while. They were fully booked that night because of a concert nearby so maybe the room we had was not one that is used often. I found the water pressure for the shower to be good. We did not use the microwave but it was convenient to have the fridge to keep some drinks cold.

I did not expect breakfast to be included for such a low price. It was not bad. They had waffles that you made yourself using a waffle iron - surprisingly good. They also had bagels, and bread that you could toast, and then add cream cheese, butter and/or jelly; packaged muffins; bananas and apples; juice; milk; and coffee.

The front desk staff was very nice. I liked them.

I would probably stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Sanger, Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2012

well here we are again, reviewing another hotel. as I am on the road over 300 days a year, I stay in many.

The Super 8 Spring/The Woodlands has some good and some bad, and some ugly.

The staff is great, excellent housekeeping. Maintanence leaves some to be desired.

The rooms are a bit dated, I am sure they were nice a decade ago, but come on. With that in mind, they are not really bad, but not really good either. Water pressure in the shower was weak. Perhaps it is a gamble on the room you get. I had a business king and was not overly impressed.

So the good; the staff, the housekeeping, umm, the rooms are clean, as are towels and linens. Lots of security cameras throughout the parking lot and building areas.

The bad, mini fridge was iced over, making it difficult to open the door, microwave was sort of nasty. Bed was sprung, but as it was a king, there was a firmer spot in the center which I was able to sleep on. No weatherstrip on the door, so every time a neighbor opened or closed a door, the room door shakes in the jamb (asked to have this fixed, not addressed in the two weeks I was there). Hot tub in not working, no plans to fix it either. 9 of 13 nights, the room above would be rented out to a herd of animals, thumping across the floor all hours of the night, bummer as I had to be out the door at 6 am each day, by the end of the stay I was a bit tired and ready for a new hotel to stay in, anywhere. Commode flushed really slowly and filled at a snails pace.

The ugly, the room accessories, unless you like 90's decor that is. Also, the movers who stayed over 1 night using the parking lot for a urinal in the morning, not to cool. Guests drinking and partying on the balconies and in the parking lot, not cool either. The ugliest? The lack of quality in repairs on the ceilings. A hint to the owners, you get what you pay for, pay someone who actually repairs drywall for a living to repair your walls and ceilings, you are after all supposed to be a professional hotel.

Overall, if you are only staying a night or two, probably a good deal. The 'free' breakfast leaves a lot to be desired, the coffee is standard bottom of the barrel 2 star hotel swill.

Will I stay there again, probably not. Would I recommend this hotel? Not to someone I like.

Room Tip: Third floor, no overhead noise, problem with this though is there are no elevators, so first floor i...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Pierce G
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and loved it.it was very quiet off freeway after long day at work and lots of restaurant with in 5 minutes. best part i liked is bed and shower. There was no fitness center but I dont mind give up fitness center for the quiestness and price for the room I paid.

Room Tip: I would say yes for the price I paid.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed here 2 nights on July 27th and 28th. Was there for my aunt's funeral so a sad occasion. We arrived at around 9:30am after driving 900 miles through the night. I know check-in wasn't till 3 but asked if we could check in early. They said that housekeeping didn't come in till 10 but they would give us 1st available. My girlfriend said she would wait in the lobby as I went to pick up some relatives who had flown in that morning. Got back to the hotel a little after 11 and she was still sitting in the lobby. Counter person said they were full and no one had checked out till after 11. Girlfriend said that the girl had asked her manager twice about a room for her the manager said not to give her one till after 11:30. To be fair, I know we were way early and they were full but I think they might have been able to get a room ready a little faster. That being said it was a clean and comfortable room. Blanket had a hole in it but was clean. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family