“Will Not stay at this Super 8 again!”

Super 8 Spring/The Woodlands Area
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Spring
BASTROP
“Will Not stay at this Super 8 again!”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

When reserving my room online, I specifically requested a room downstairs with a refrigerator and microwave. When I get there, I was given a downstairs room, but it did NOT have what I asked for and needed. I had to go back to the front desk and the lady told me I had to pay extra to move to a room that had a frig and microwave. Then she said there were no more available. When I told her I wanted a refund and would go elsewhere, she immediately said there was one more, but upstairs. SO there I was packing a baby and all his things as well as mine up the stairs because the hotel was so old, there was no elevator. Which leads me to the next issue. ANTS! There were tiny ants crawling on my phone next to the bed, then they were all over the bathroom counter and behind the door to the shower. Of course I didn't notice them at first, then it was in the middle of the night when I was awaken by extremely loud kids that sounded like they jumping on beds in the room below me. The noise kept me and my baby awake most of the night. Not to mention worrying about the ants. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. Oh and one more thing, the water stopper was missing from the bath tub there for I could not give my baby a bath or myself, because I wanted a nice warm bath. Sorry, I almost forgot....the internet is extremely slow.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My wife and I went to stay at this Super 8 for 3 nights and it was wonderful. Rooms were nice and clean and the service was good as well. The best thing was that the price was perfect and got more then what we were expecting. Superior 8 is what we called it and would recommend it and can't wait to stay there on our next trip.

Room Tip: try it and you will believe me.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Manny G
NEW BRAUNFELS
Reviewed 29 December 2012

My Fiancee and I stayed here over the Christmas holiday because his parents won't let us sleep in the house together till we get married.. plus its IMMEDIATELY next to a most awesome bar - Molly's, so we could walk back and forth ;)
All that combined with super cheap for 5 nights - heck yes!
So the first night we got there the water was hot but, not like you would want for a shower... 40$ a night - I thought well heck, get what you pay for - but I went and mentioned it the night before CHRISTMAS EVE to the front desk clerk - assuming they wouldn't care or be able to fix it with the holidays... they had it fixed THE NEXT DAY!!
They replaced our towels 3 times a day if we needed them
They were prompt on maintenance when we had a lightbulb blow;
The ice machine broke on a holiday - but they brought us ice from the employee fridge
THEY WERE AMAZING - 5 enthusiastic stars for this hotel ;)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family