“Good Time”

Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Spring
More attraction details
Owner description: Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown, located just minutes north of Houston in Spring, TX, experienced a multi-million dollar transformation in 2014! Houston's Largest Waterpark already featured an impressive line-up of rides including the Brain Drain, Stingray Racer, Ripqurl, Tornado, Texas Free Fall, and Thunder Run. All-new visitor experiences include Wet 'n' Wild Jr., a new interactive children's area, Big Kahuna, a family mega-raft ride and FlowRider, a unique surfing experience! Poolside, private, shaded cabanas are available making Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown a perfect tropical vacation location that's affordable and so close to home.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a good time, The water park was crowded, yet enjoyable, they had added a few new attractions and added space in the eating area and restrooms! Was really expecting more new water slides. As far as water parks go, it was a good way to cool off on a hot day!

Tiffany D, Guest Communications Manager at Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi Laura! We are glad you had a good time. Thank you for taking the time to submit this review.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"six flags"
"every summer"
in 3 reviews
"great place to take the kids"
"all ages"
"food and drinks"
"rides"
in 87 reviews

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I really don't like to give negative reviews, but I feel like I would be doing fellow Trip Advisor viewers a disservice if I didn't pass on my experiences at this place. I purchased the family season pass package as a friend convinced me that they have made "huge improvements". My review is based on several visits this summer, and not just catching the facility on an "off" day. Continue reading if you dare...my complete diatribe is as follows:
1.) The restroom: usually nasty, although there is an attendant from time-to-time sweeping misc. "stuff" off the floor. I have never seen her actually cleaning the toilets or wiping down anything. The receptacles inside the stalls for feminine hygiene products are usually full to the brim and do not have lids, which is disgusting and unsightly (not to mention unsanitary).
2.) On one visit, we were going to shower and put dry clothes on so we could grab dinner on our way home. The shower facility was deplorable. Used, I mean wet and poopy, baby diapers left open-faced on the floor. USED feminine hygiene products (I apologize for the bad visual) left on the changing bench. Totally unsanitary and disgusting. We couldn't have showered if we wanted to as there were a couple of ladies with about 10 small children (I'm not exaggerating) that occupied the 4 shower stalls.
3.) "Proper swim attire required" is posted on signs throughout the park. I'm wondering what their definition of "proper" is. People are swimming in their street clothes. I'm talking their shoes, their socks, jeans, underwear, bras, etc. Yes, people are in the water with their street clothes on as though they just pulled off the interstate on a whim and decided to go to SplashTown.
4.) Babies (and young toddlers you know are not potty trained) in the water without a proper swim diaper or, even worse, a REGULAR disposable diaper. You know what happens to regular diapers when they are soaked... they blow up and the little gel thingys leak out along with anything the poor kid has passed. Yuck!
5.) Standing in a long line for one of the new attractions, "The Big Kahuna", the wet stairs reeked of urine. Guess I should be glad someone peed their pants instead of the pool?
6.) The beverage stand was out of ice on one visit....I wish the "less than friendly girl" working there would have informed me of this before I shelled out $12 for a soda in a souvenir cup. Silly me, I was looking forward to having ice with my drink on a hot July day. When I asked her why she didn't inform me before I bought the drink, she gave me a pretty nasty look and quipped, "The soda is cold". Nice attitude.
7.) The concessions are pricey and mediocre at best. Excessive flies in the indoor food building at the back of the property. Feed your family before you come. I can appreciate the large families that bring coolers and want to picnic, especially if economic circumstances make eating out cost prohibitive. The allocated picnic space OUTSIDE the park gates is very limited and these folks are all over the lawn looking for a spot in the shade to feed their families. There certainly should be a better allocation of space for patrons so: 1)It doesn't look like a scene from "Hee Haw" when you pull up, AND 2) It doesn't look like the patrons choosing to bring their own food (for whatever reason) don't look like they are being treated like 2nd class citizens for doing so.
8.) On one visit, a lady was sitting in the pool with her breast out feeding an infant. Now, I say this as a mother of 3 children that were all breastfed, but I could not imagine doing this. My 8 year old son commented, "That was awkward," after he walked past.
If you live in the Houston area and watch any amount of TV, you know how much money this facility is pumping into splashy (pardon the pun) commercials touting all of their "improvements". The renovations seem more like "lipstick on a pig" to me (fresh paint, new concrete and a couple of new rides) and they should consider putting some of their ad money into hiring more staff to enforce a higher standard of cleanliness and "proper" swim attire vs. packing as many people into the park as they possibly can for the sake of gross revenues.
To end on a positive note (at least for us non-smokers), it seems Splashtown is a non-smoking facility.

14  Thank amandag27

Hi Amanda. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I will make sure our leadership team is aware of your concerns.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We took our daughter here for her 7th birthday today. Not sure if we wanted to get a locker, so we placed our items by the Paradise ride. When I inquired from one of the employees if items were frequently stolen, she stated yes and recommended that we get a locker. Needless to say, we did not get a locker and at the end of the day someone stole our 5 beach towels. Fortunately, I had gotten our bag with our cameras and wallets, approximately 10-15 minutes earlier. The lost and found area was useless because the towels were just stolen (I did complete a report). IF we go back, we will try our best not to have anything with us given the obvious thief history of this location.

2  Thank Yavonne M
Tiffany D, Guest Communications Manager at Wet 'n' Wild SplashTown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi Yavonne! I am sorry to hear about your most recent experience at the park. I hope you give us another chance and have a much better experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Overall fun and they have made some very good improvements such as food service building is much better,more chairs for guests, paved walkways are white and not so hot. Bathhouse is better however only 2 out of 4 showers work and they need more benches for peak times. They let too many people in the park on weekends to the point that it is almost unsafe. The parking is a mess too and getting out of lot 2 (turning left)is an accident waiting to happen. I wrote to them concerning this and they never bothered to even answer me. I guess they will wait until several accidents happen before they address this. The wild wave pool is anything but wild as the waves are turned on so low that it is ridiculous. They used to be high and fun - what happened??? Food prices high. Anyway, a close water park for the northside of Houston but don't expect the excitement of Schlitterbaun.

I’m glad to hear that overall you had a good time at the park. You were wondering what happened to the wave pool, so I wanted to let you know that we had to dial down the waves this year for safety reasons. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent visit. I will make sure to pass on your concerns to our leadership team.