“Great day on the water”

Teach 'Em to Fish Guide Service
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Exchange stress for relaxation, fun and memories while bass and crappie fishing Central Texas Hill County lakes. Each guided fishing outing is catered to you, whether it's a family day or you're an experienced angler. You should expect to improve your knowledge, skills and catch fish. I'm dedicated to being patient to create an enjoyable and memorable Christian based experience.
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I brought my two sons on a trip with Barry to Canyon Lake. Fantastic morning. Caught a bunch of fish. Barry was very patient and helpful with my youngest. Highly recommend.

Barry D, Owner at Teach 'Em to Fish Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

People young and old have different reactions to being in a boat, being bounced around with waves, trying to learn new skills and being embarrassed when things just don't go right. It's human nature to see emotions expressed in different way. My goal is to continue positive reinforcement so the awkwardness does not destroy the fun.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"outing"
"equipment"

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Two experienced fishermen had an very enjoyable afternoon guided by a true Texas gentleman of the old school who worked hard to provide great service and pure fishing fun.

Barry D, Owner at Teach 'Em to Fish Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Wow! What's stated is exactly the way I want people to feel at the end of a day of fishing. I do work hard on every trip to make sure everyone has a good time, learns something different to help them later and catches fish...although the catching can be difficult.

Thanks for the very kind words.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

My 18 year old son and I went fishing with Barry to learn some techniques that we were unfamiliar with. He did a great job of doing exactly that. We learned some techniques to give us more ways to catch more fish. The conditions were very difficult to fish for most of the day and we were still able to catch 33 fish. The difficult conditions made us work hard for our catch and increased our learning experience.

Barry D, Owner at Teach 'Em to Fish Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

The bass fishing on LBJ was tough that day but your positive attitude and perseverance paid off. If fishing every day was easy no one woukd need me to help then.

Thanks for the nice comments and God bless.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Mr Dodd is an excellent teacher. I am 42 years old and have no fishing experience. He was able to help me and my 10 and 7 year old boys have a fantastic morning fishing at Canyon Lake. We caught multiple fish, had great conversation, and were very pleased with the entire process. Very easy to book and pay online. Appropriately priced. Great snacks were provided. Everything was on time and better than expected. My kids and I can't wait to do this again. I strongly recommend Barry Dodd and his Teach 'Em to Fish Guide Service!

Barry D, Owner at Teach 'Em to Fish Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write this review and for sharing. Hope to fish with you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I booked a trip with Barry for my daughter Lilly and me. We were confronted with bad weather but Barry made it a very enjoyable trip. Great guy, my daughter and I had a great time and caught some very nice bass.
Thank you Barry for making this fishing trip a memorable moment for me and my daughter.

Barry D, Owner at Teach 'Em to Fish Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

You guys were awesome. Waiting on the boat ramp an hour or more so the storm could pass seemed like eternity and I appreciate your willingness to do so and your trust. I am pleased you learned some new techniques which you feel are helpful.

Thanks for the nice comments.