“your mileage may vary”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Stafford Sugarland
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Spent a night here while in Houston on business.

Check in was a breeze, it typically is if you are a valued rewards member with the chain.

The room was really comfortable, not as clean I as would like, but nevertheless comfortable. The breakfast was great. The staff was very friendly. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again if I was in the area.

Room had a fridge and coffee maker, essential items for the business trip.

As with every La Quinta I have stayed in, great wifi access, and just enough outlets for all the electronics.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Like this location before entering the congested city. Great location near shopping, restaurant, and a movie theater. Friendly staff. Clean facility. Free breakfast includes, HB eggs, waffles, hot&cold cereal, etc.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was quite surprised to see how small the rooms were at this hotel (especially with the "& Suites" as part of the hotel name. The beds were quite comfortable and the internet was extremely fast. The breakfast was somewhat disappointing as the only protein available were cold hard-boiled eggs. It would have been nice to at least have a microwavable sausage biscuit or something similar, but I guess the selection is small since IHOP is just out the front door. The staff was extremely friendly. The only issue I encountered was the cleanliness of the floor upon check-in to my room. It seems that the carpet had not been vacuumed and a small pile of toenail clippings was left on the floor. However, after I reported to the front-desk, the floor condition was excellent during the rest of my stay. I've stayed at several hotels in this general vicinity and the friendliness of the staff would be the only thing to bring my back to La Quinta Stafford.

Room Tip: Request room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This building needs to be gutted and refurbished from top to bottom. Our room smelled like chlorine (we were not near the pool). The only good perk was the workout facility. The equipment was new and up-to-date.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Made a special request upon booking the hotel. When I called ahead of time to let them know I would be checking in early, they told me my request would be met as soon as I arrived. When I arrived less than 10 minutes later, they failed to meet my request, even though they had just told me they would have it ready. Also requested two wake up calls.. both of them were late. Very disappointed in the service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our room was dirty and smelled like mold and pet pee. We will not stay at this location again!
Avoid this location. The room had hair in the bathroom that was not ours, boogers and other body fluid stains on the walls in the bathroom and bedroom and painted over mold by the air conditioner where there was a leak. We took pictures and the manager said the cleaning crew needs more training and the comp our room. We are disappointed with the inconsistency of LaQuinta hotels. You never know what you will get.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I thought I would give this hotel another chance. I shouldn't have.

The room was very small. The service staff was nice. The breakfast was below average. Unflavored oatmeal, plain bread for toast, weak coffee - it was adequate (the yogurt and make-your-own-waffles were probably appreciated by others) but not at all commensurate with the nightly rate charged by the hotel. I definitely expected more.

I usually choose the La Quinta brand when travelling with my pet. I'll probably board it instead of choosing La Quinta again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford
Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford
0 mi away
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Stafford Sugarland? Share your experiences!