“Could be better”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Temple, United States
“Could be better”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

No lighting in front parking lot. Breakfast could be better. Fan can not run constantly in room for A/c. Staff is very friendly and they try to do their best but some maintenance needs to be done. it is in nice area for eating and close to alot of shopping areas.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for one-week while visiting Houston for the first time. The location is great and it is quick to get to the airport, downtown, and other popular spots and smaller local cities. The hotel was clean and the room service staff were helpful and did a great job cleaning. The front desk staff and general manager were personable and accommodating. I was very pleased with the morning breakfast; for a continental buffet it had many healthy options like fresh fruit, yogurts, and eggs, along with other treats like french toast sticks, sausages, bagels, muffins, and cereals. I really like the breakfast area because it is stylish and has a TV and it is open to guests to relax in and use the wifi at all times of the day. The gym was small but had all one needed for a workout. The indoor pool was also clean and nice. The lobby area is small as one other review said but this in no way should affect someone's stay. Carmen was friendly each morning and helped me find a local washeteria (even calling them to find out prices and locations) and replaced my key each time I misplaced it (which I have a habit of doing). I would recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Portland, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The staff were friendly, the lobby we clean with fresh coffee available any time, the room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Asked for a quiet room and didn't hear a peep out of anyone else. You can't beat the price for a comfortable home away from home.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I was really disappointed that i was not able to use the pool because there were 5 kids from one family in the pool. donlt ask Carmen at the front desk for a late check out. she would not let me check out half an hour later than the noon regular check out time. the hotel was not full infact, I only saw a couple of guests at breakfast over a 3 hour period. I like the night lights in the bathroom and the breakfast was nice.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank usabrands
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Having stayed at many Hampton Inns over the years and been disappointed in several lately, we were pleasantly surprised at the high standards of this property. We chose it initially because of location near the Stafford Center, where we were attending a concert. We would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends, as we had not a single complaint. The facility is a little older (I think a staff member told us about 20 years), but it has been completely updated and feels fresh, clean, and modern. Everything about our room was spotless and in excellent working order. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating and friendly. The complimentary breakfast buffet was better than average for the type. We were more than satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2013

After searching for a hotel in the Sugar Land, Stafford and Missouri City area, I decided on this Hampton Inn based on reviews here. I only needed one night for myself, husband and daughter so I didn't want anything fancy or overly pricey (surprisingly, the hotels in this area are pretty pricey). Upon entering the lobby, I was surprised that there was no lobby. I got in line behind a customer and waited for the clerk to finish serving someone on the phone. She was very polite and apologetic about having us wait, I had no problem waiting, but people were starting to line up behind me just due to the size of the "lobby" area. No big deal. Check-in was very fast.
The room was average size, pretty clean, newish carpet and bathroom countertop. Despite the newish refurbishing, you still had the sense it was an old Hampton. My three stars are for the following: 1. The AC was fine as far as cooling, but was very loud, causing us to wake up at different intervals throughout the night. 2. Inadequate amount of electrical sockets for plugging in phones, laptops, computers, etc. I like to have a plug on the lamp or easy access next to my bed. Hey, if you're going to renovate and refurbish, you should accommodate the needs of the 21st century traveler.
Husband checked out the breakfast but we passed. I like eggs and bacon and he said there was eggs but no bacon.
All in all, this was a fine hotel for the price (I got $20 off), FOR THE AREA and I might stay here again if there isn't something newer.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BCSMom
houma la
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I wanted to getaway from mardi gras so we went here on a whim. Well let me tell yall we loved staying here the staff are very friendly and helpful and the beds are the most comfortable of any hotel I ever been at. We will definitely be back again to stay here in the future. Also there is a lot of restaurants around note to men check next door a popular place with a owl is there...lol

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cashmore1973
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#2 of 17 in Stafford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Stafford Sugarland
Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford
Staybridge Suites Houston Stafford

Been to Hampton Inn Houston Stafford? Share your experiences!