“Everything I expect from a Courtyard”

Courtyard Houston Sugar Land
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Everything I expect from a Courtyard”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Could be that the night before, I had a miserable experience in a different hotel, but from check-in to check-out, everything about this hotel was spot on. Lobby well appointed (in modern Courtyard style), check-in staff polite, room was clean, neat and didn't smell. Area was quite nice, excellent food within walking distance. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are so happy that you had such a great experience with at our hotel! Our goal is to provide exactly the experience that you had. Please come back again when visiting Houston, we'd love to have you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My husband, myself and my parents drove down from New Orleans to Houston to attend a Baby Shower. We booked at double queen room. The girl at the front desk was very kind and sweet. I think her name was Kaylie. Our room number 218 had to have the worst view of all rooms but we didn't mind too much because we were only going to be in the room to sleep. The beds were small for queen beds & the tub was dingy and stained. After the Shower late that night my husband and I went to the fitness room. 3 kids ages 4-7 were running on the treadmills and damaging the equipment. One of the kids even flew off of the treadmill. All while the girl that was with them yapped on her phone. The fitness room needs to be monitored. That was uncomfortable. This hotel is more like a 2 star hotel. It's not worth the price & the breakfast isn't free.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FirstLadyHilliard
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience with us. We are happy that Kaylyn was able to take care of you in a friendly manner; she is definitely a great asset. Our rooms with two beds offer doubles not queens, which is probably why you found them smaller than a queen, I apologize for the confusion. But thank you for bringing the young children on the fitness equipment to our attention, having it monitored is something we will definitely start doing and I am sure the agent you told that night was able to control the situation. Please come back and see us next time you’re in Houston, we would love another opportunity to have you as our guest.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel while in town visiting family. Hotel was very clean, room was great bed was so comfortable. Fitness Center was nice, Staff was very friendly especially Ms Patricia who worked in the evenings. After a long day of visiting relatives, Ms. Patricia was there with greeting us when we came in. I will be visiting Texas more and will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely let Patricia know that her genuine friendliness was appreciated. We can't wait to have you back in Houston; we look forward to your next visit.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for business. Kaylyn did everything she could to make my stay enjoyable. Very upbeat and seemed happy to help everyone. Bistro food was nice. I ate breakfast & had good Starbucks coffee. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. Seems a little pricy but, all the surrounding hotels are priced about the same. I will be back.

Room Tip: Top floors are the most quiet
Green Features: I use towels like I do at home. I am not the most green customer they have.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Courtayrd Sugar Land! We are so happy that Kaylyn made you feel at home, the you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and that the location met your needs. We look forward to your next stay, hurry back soon!
Port Isabel, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I recently stayed at this fine Hotel during an extended travel. I booked this Hotel because of the reasonable cost over other similar Hotels in the area. I was simply amazed at the quality and exceptional service and comfort for the Price I paid.

The Hotel was very easily accessible from Hgh 59 .I was immediately greeted by a very personable receptionist who offered to make my time there as enjoyable as possible. The Room was large, and VERY CLEAN.I opted for the King Bed and wasn't disappointed in the comfort of the bed, but must add that I found the pillows a little too firm for my preference.

My particular room had a sofa as well which made it more comfortable for my stay. The receptionist was very accommodating, professional and very friendly. She spoke to me every time I entered the Hotel.She was very astute in insuring that my stay was excellent in every way. There is a Bistro located within the Hotel for Breakfast options as well as Dinner, although it's menu is very limited but adequate for anyone desiring something to eat, but for whatever reason doesn't desire to leave the Hotel.

There were some excellent dining options available near the Hotel as well. I would recommend the All American Buffet just before the Hotel on the access road. it was not your typical buffet as the restaurant was very clean and nicely furnished. The Buffet had about anything you could ever desire and by what I ate, was excellently prepared.

I would highly recommend this Hotel to any traveler as it excels in Comfort, Service and Value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
What a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very happy that you enjoyed yourself and felt comfortable during your stay. I have to agree, we do have a great hotel full of people who love their jobs, and it shows! Please come back and see us soon!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Recently spent four nights here and found the staff to be attentive, courteous and extremely friendly. The clean comfortable rooms were a welcome sight each evening. The staff (especially Krystal Meyer) was so eager to please and went well beyond what would be expected to see that all of our needs were met and our questions answered. We kept our 2 and 3 year old grandsons in our room one night and the staff was so quick to provide everything we needed to accommodate the little fellows. This is our hotel of choice when in the Houston/ Sugarland area.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are a little quieter since they are on the opposite side of the hotel from the f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Wow, what a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your wonderful experience here at the Courtyard. We strive to make each and every guest feel like this is their home away from home, and by your remarks, I think we succeeded and that makes us very happy. Please come back and see us again soon!
Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed at the "suite" room of this hotel on Saturday and Sunday night. There were four of us and we needed the extra space. It is a larger room but don't be fooled by the word "Suite". It is just a larger room with a mini refrigerator and microwave. Other 3 star Marriott hotel suites are actually have some separation between the sofa bed and the king bed with an extra TV. Not here, just one large room. We requested for a rollaway and the one person who was running the front desk showed up pushing the rollaway and then just left it in the middle of the room telling us she doesn't know how to open it. No sheets, no pillows, no blankets. So we had to tell her that we need these items. So she came back upstairs and delivered them. Meanwhile the front desk area was unsupervised!!!! The gym was ok but not very clean. Our room was cleaned very well by their daytime maid service. There is good breakfast and food but a little pricey. Don't expect much assitance in the evenings.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your comments on your stay, we value your opinion. It seems that there was some confusion on your room type, by what you described; you stayed in an extended king, not a suite. Our one bedroom suites have a separate bedroom attached to a large living area that has a wet bar, refrigerator, sink and microwave, I apologize for the confusion. We will address the rollaway situation immediately; this is a perfect training opportunity and are happy that our housekeeper was able to meet your expectations. We hope that you give us another opportunity.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#2 of 17 in Stafford
Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford
Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square

Been to Courtyard Houston Sugar Land? Share your experiences!