“Youth trip here was Outstanding!! Great hotel and Staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
El Campo, Texas
“Youth trip here was Outstanding!! Great hotel and Staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

We took a short trip to south Houston and stayed here, the service was over and above!! The employees were amazing in handling our group of 23, mostly teens! They helped us at check- in , check -out and even with finding our location of entertainment! We Will be back, Hotel was clean and breakfast was amazing!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
julietrudeau, Manager at Comfort Suites Sugar Land, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Chris:

It was our pleasure to have your group with us. We are always striving to make our guests feel more than welcome and go the extra mile to do so. I will pass along your kind words to the staff and let them know what a great job they're doing. Look forward to having you back with us before the end of the year.

Julie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

This hotel is right off the freeway but still quiet, and is close to tons of restaraunts and shopping. Rooms are large, bedding comfortable, and staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again when you return to our area.

Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed here last week and it's a nice hotel. Very clean, comfortable, and the continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank machirj
We appreciate your kind words. We take great pride in serving our guests and we appreciate your acknowledgment of it. Love to have you stay with us again on your return visit. Have a great day as you certainly have made ours!!!

Pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

This is a decent business hotel.
large and comfortable rooms.
nice breakfast spread.
very far from Houston IAH and Houston Hobby Airports.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you liked our hotel and amenities and I apologize that we are to far from the airports. We are approximately 30 minutes from Hobby and about 45 minutes form Bush. If you would like, we could recommend other Choice Hotel properties located closer to both Bush Intercontinental and William P. Hobby airports, but honestly we would love to have you back with us on your next stay. We can suggest several comfortable options for transportation to either airport. We would hate to loose you!

Des Moines, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I booked this hotel for a 5 day stay for work and made my stay short at this location - and would never stay location again. Staff was extremely un-friendly, my counterpart and I was asked to leave the breakfast area as we were working in this area all morning as the Hotel needed the tables for a catered lunch they were having for a group they had in the so called meeting room. Also when I checked in my travel agent made a mistake of booking me in a handicap room and the hotel clerk told me that she could not change the reservation as it was made from a third party and it was not their mistake even though the hotel had plenty of rooms available. - Note this how this location treats a Choice Diamond Member

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
julietrudeau, Manager at Comfort Suites Sugar Land, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
We apologize that you left here feeling that you were targeted for poor service and assure you that was clearly not our intent. As I explained to you when I asked you to move to the business center, we had a scheduled meeting Mon-Fri that had reserved the breakfast area for their luncheon service. I made the request with you 20 minutes prior to their breaking for lunch, in order for you to have ample time to get to a convenient stopping point before moving.

In regards to the front desk agent at check in, I have addressed the issue with her and she assures me she honestly thought that the policy was as stated. I take full responsibility for her lack of knowledge and have advised her for future reservations of the correct policy. However, I have researched the date of your arrival and had no other options available to move you to as we had 3 meetings going on that week and were quite full.

Regarding the outdated rooms. 98% of our rooms have been completely renovated. Unfortunately you were in one of the 2% remaining that have the original furnishings. Please be assured we are currently working on updates for those as well. Please accept my sincere apologies during the updating process. If you should change your mind and choose to return, I would be happy to make your arrangements for you and to personally see to your satisfaction.
Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

The staff here is courteous and helpful. Especially Cora. Though this an older property it seems to have been well maintained and to have had a fairly recent "face-lift." (Hiring a real carpenter to do the trim work might be a good idea next time.) Be that as it may, my room was clean, apart from someone else's hair on the bathroom floor. The maids evidently don't sweep or vacuum the bathroom floors. My bed was comfortable and the shower was good. When I arrived the in-room coffee maker didn't have a lid and was thus unusable. The second day, when it was replaced, the coffe maker wasn't cleaned. This is a little thing, I know, but for me the quality of a hotel is in the "little" details. Wi-fi is not very strong or reliable, a major downside for me as a business traveler. Also, I was put in a room facing the highway. Traffic noises were fairly loud all night long. There are 4 restaurants within walking distance. I would, however, only recommend La Haciendas next door. The others are severly lacking in quality of food and service. I felt I received what I paid for at this location but will look for a better value on my next visit to Houston.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room on the side of the building away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
julietrudeau, Manager at Comfort Suites Sugar Land, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear guest: Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Please accept my humble apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I want you to know, I take these issues very seriously and have addressed them with the appropriate departments. We will all try harder to make sure these issues do not occur again. I also greatly appreciate the comment regarding our staff. We try very hard to make sure our guests are well attended to and I will make sure the staff is informed of your compliments. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to prove ourselves. We are continuously trying to upgrade our amenities, improve upon our housekeeping practices, and routinely attend to maintenance issues. With a great team effort, we hope to earn back your business and serve you again when you are in the area. Thank you for your business.

Management
Comfort Suites
KC, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Hotel is clean, staff is pleasant and helpful.
Nice outdoor pool, that is heated if the days are a little cool (like it was when we were there). Nice covered smoking area outside.
Fitness room could use a little work, the stationary bike seat wobbles and you feel like you're going to fall off and the screen doesn't work. Elliptical machine works...but don't stop to change direction, the screen goes back and starts over!!
Breakfast has good choices...cereal, bagels, english muffins, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juices, eggs, sausage and has a waffle area.
Beds are very comfortable!! Our bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub...not sure if they are in every room though!! Also a coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and wet bar area.
The TV's are nice, flat screens, but you cannot see it very well from the sitting area, the separating wall blocks it partially. Also, the cable is a select group of channels and the Fox News channel doesn't come in very well, it also is in black & white...I think they must be Liberals here!! :-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the kind words and it makes all our efforts worth it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston-Stafford
Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford
Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land
Drury Inn & Suites Houston Sugar Land
Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land

Been to Comfort Suites Sugar Land? Share your experiences!