“Enjoyable Indian restaurant in Stafford, Texas”
Review of Great W'kana Cafe

Great W'kana Cafe
Ranked #37 of 98 Restaurants in Stafford
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 12 July 2013

After traveling to Stafford today for the Houston Guild's Quilt Show, I decided to have lunch there, having read several positive reviews. The place is a standard-sized lease in a nice strip with a lot of thought given to the interior design. Do note that the kitchen is behind a chest-height bar, exposed to the seating area. In the background, quiet ethnic music plays. The wait staff was very attentive, without rushing or being intrusive I had one of the "executive lunches," Bhatti Murgh - chicken breast chicken kabob with cardamom, cumin and fenugreek,a salad of very small diced cucumber, corn, black beans with spices plus a choice from 3 types of na'an/roti, rice and an extremely good cup of lentil soup. Pricing is very reasonable for the quality of the meal. As I left, the owner/chef behind the bar/kitchen made of point of thanking me for coming. All in all, a very positive experience. Now, Great W'kana Cafe just needs to attend to its web site to be sure the links load correctly. The menu is available on citysearch.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

If you want really good Indian food, go to W'kana Cafe. Everything is freshly prepared in the open kitchen.. so your appetite grows as you smell the spices used.. The food will not disappoint you, nor will the customer service. Everyone is greeted with friendliness, and feedback about their food is honored. Workday lunches are perfect sized portions and delicious. It is family-friendly. We have catered from W'kana Cafe, and our events have always been a big success. Some of my favorite dishes: Samosas, Kalonji Baingan, Methi Malai Mutter, Manga Bhindi, Ajwaini Gobi, Naan, Vegetable Biryani..

You will find that the food and hospitality is worth the money spent!

1  Thank Gina S
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I've been looking for a good Indian restaurant to replace my favorite where we used to live. I think this could possibly be it. We started off the meal with the Tandoori appetizer (pictured) which was quite good. The chicken and lamb were quite tasty with the shrimp coming in a close 2nd. If the portion were larger, I could have easily made a meal of it. It was that good. For the main, we split an order of the Kashmiri Roganjosh with a side of Dal Makhani. Both the lamb and the lentils were tasty. I'd like to go back with a larger group so that we can try a larger selection of food. Something to look forward to next time!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

The food has been consistently good all 3 of my visits. There is great variety of Indian dishes both traditionally cooked and some fusion versions. Dishes can be mild in spice level such as the delicious bryanis to spicier sauced based dishes where a heat level is offered. The food is freshly prepared in the open kitchen after it has been ordered. The flatbreads are also excellent. If you are looking for truly great tasting food with some more interesting choices not found at normal Indian restaurants this is the place. The atmosphere is generally quiet allowing people to easily converse with each other during dinners. The service is very friendly with the excellent head chef often taking our orders directly and offering advice.

Reviewed 25 May 2011

This restaurant is a piece of heaven! From the ambiance to the kindness of the owners, this restaurant is a true gem. The food is also fresh, the spices always perfect and watch either chef cook is like watching an artist paint. Methodical, creative with a hint of inventiveness have kept me coming there and always bringing friends to partake in the exquisite meals!

I would absolutely recommend this to any one in search of the perfect Indian cuisine.