“Very Disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: ph# 281-988-4688
Description: ph# 281-988-4688
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was really disappointed with the service on 3/1/2013. When my husband and I came in we were told it's a 10 minutes wait and then 3 groups came in after us and they were also told a 10 minutes wait. That should have been my cue to leave. So after about 15 minutes or so of waiting we were seated, but was told to order appetizers because the kitchen was backed up and it will be a while to get our food. We were fine with that. We sat and waited, waited, and waited for about 15 minutes. No one even came by to take our drinks order ... and they wanted us to order appetizers. So we just got up and left and still no one acknowledged us while we walked out. My husband told the hostess, which was the owner, that we sat and waited for 15 minutes and no one came to take our drink orders, no excuse for that. She just gave us this look, no apologies. So he further stated that this is our first time and we will not be returning, still no apologies. What a way to end the night for us. It was 8:30pm by this time. No reason for them to be backed up on a weekend.

1  Thank TraciN77479

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Starting with the friendly greeting by a smiling hostess..and the quick attention of the waiter the menu..seemed to have all my favorites and then when i heard the specials for the evening..I knew this was going to be good. Started with oysters, boiled shrimp..crab and avocado dip appetisers..all fresh and tasty and good servings size.
The family ordered everything from Shrimp Alfredo to grilled snapper..each dish was GREAT!.

This place will make you hurt yourself before going to a Red Lobster again...affordable with fresh and well prepared at Pier 61..compared to rushed..cooked off site and reheated at the LOB.

2  Thank ccelticbladesman
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

I have been here 6 + times and everytime the seafood is excellent. From the snapper shrimp crab bisque soups salads and the oysters you can not go wrong with Pier 61. Even the bread used for their po-boys is the same you would have in Louisiana or even Galveston. This place is #2 compared to Galveston's Guidos. Pier 61 blows away Pappas +deauxs seafood.

Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Something you don't see very often,. Great tasting seafood that is reasonably priced. Snapper Opelusas was cooked just right And served right off the grill. Nothing seems to be per-cooked. You should give this place a try!