“Much improved since my last visit 10 years ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Avalon Diner III

Avalon Diner III
Ranked #6 of 96 Restaurants in Stafford
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Forest Grove, Or
“Much improved since my last visit 10 years ago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Recommended by my son so we revisited. Had a great time, friendly staff, good food, quick service, not too noisy to have a conversation. Will return.
Omelet was good, waffles great, potatoes were not soggy, bacon was just right, not floppy, not burned.

• Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas
“Diners are scarce in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

My wife and I have been looking for a breakfast place and have not been impressed with what we found in our neighborhood, so we decided to venture out a little future. The Avalon is okay, but we will continue our quest. The service was friendly, but sloooooow. My first coffee warm up came quick and I was excited they we may have found our place, but I didn't get another "warmup" until our food came (about 25 minutes later). The food was average. I had the hash and eggs, which were as standard as one could imagine. My wife had the chicken fried steak and was disappointed because the gravy was flavorless. The Avalon would be a great pace to go if you weren't hunger and wanted to catch up with someone who you had seen for awhile.

• Visited October 2013
Missouri City, Texas
“Great little diner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I've been here a few tines with my best friend. We've never had a bad experience! It's a great classic diner. The waffles and the pancakes are both delicious. Service is attentive and it is very family and kid friendly.

Visited November 2012
Shreveport Louisiana
“Not bad...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

The Avalon is a retro diner. Nice decor if you remember the 50's and 60's. The staff is VERY attentive and friendly. The food was served timely and fresh. No disappointment on our visit!

Visited February 2013
Euless, Texas
“If you need food that brings comfort go here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I'm still debating which is better, Avalon or 59 Diner (both have awesome lemonade worth the visit alone). Good food. Friendly service. Relaxing, homey feel. A good place to get stuffed.

• Visited March 2013