“My outstanding stay”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Alvin, United States
“My outstanding stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Many would say "oh they are suppose to do their job" however it never seemed to be " just their job" to the staff at Homewood Suites. I feel they went well beyond the call of duty. Always a bright smile and a big hello or have a great evening from ALL of the staff. I was running short on time and forgot to buy a bottle of wine, Rex went out of his way to get me the wine and it was ready to go when I returned from work. It was an awesome stay and I will make sure I recommend the hotel to my family and friends

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Joseph T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Marcia F,

Thank you for suck kind words! I will make sure to post this in our employee area, and share with our staff during our next daily huddle! Rex is an amazing guy, and I am glad he was able to exceed your expectations during your stay! It is always our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am glad to see we accomplished that during your stay.

Once again thank you for staying, and we will see you again soon!

Joseph Trousdale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
tyler, texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were here for a family reunion and the hotel that others stayed at nearby was full...thank goodness!! This hotel is by far the cleanest and nicest in the entire area. We stayed in the king suite with the separate bedroom. Everything appears to have been completely renovated recently and newly furnished. Fresh and updated. It was spacious, very comfortable, quiet, and super clean. There was a small kitchen, a small living area with a pull-out couch (that was actually much more comfy than other pull outs) and a nice flat screen. The bedroom is separate with a door that closes off from living/kitchen...the bed was very comfy, the room was also clean and spacious, and it also had own flat screen. Plenty of storage. Spacious bathroom with separate vanity area...all marble. Nice roomy closet. Breakfast was okay...but free:). They also accept pets for a fee. Our family loved staying here and would stay again in a heartbeat. My daughter did not want to leave.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BEACHLOVA1
Dear BEACHLOVA1,

Thank you for staying with us, and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. It is always our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am glad to see we accomplished our goals during your stay. We look forward to your return during your next visit to the Houston area!

Once again thank you, and hurry back soon!

Marshalltown, Iowa
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, neat and comfortable. Perfect for business, if staying in the stafford area.

Complimentary internet and breakfast. Some days have dinner and happy hour included as well.

Friendly staff. Reasonably priced.
Won't hesitate to return

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear TTZulu,

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing at the hotel. I am happy to see such a great review, and I am glad that you were able to experience our exceptional service! I love our evening receptions Monday - Thursday with complementary dinner, beer and wine. I look forward to your next visit to Houston, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly during your next stay, so that I can ensure on your next visit we earn that 5th star :-D

Once again thank you and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

we have been here for 4 days and it was a very good experience.
we had a king suite room.
the room had a small kitchen with microwave, fridge, washing machine, and some basic cookeries.
the room was big enough for us. The bed was really comfortable.
the staffs were very nice and helpful.
we had the breakfast in the lobby which was prepared everyday fresh from the oven.
the choices were not so many, but it was tasty and delicious, so each day the menu was different.
The location is near to Stafford and Sugarland. There are many restaurants also nearby.
There is a big wal mart just 10 min drive from the hotel. Taco bel is also around the corner for late night snack.

Room Tip: you can cook in the king room if you wish, there are all the necessary stuffs for cooking in the kit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Joseph T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear AlirezaSG,

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to see we exceeded your expectations during your stay! It was our pleasure to host you during your trip, and we hope to see you back here soon! This time though, I hope to earn that 5th star on your next review :-D!

Once again, thank you for staying and feel free to contact me directly if you require anything int he future!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stay at this hotel for two weeks while on vacation. Was impressed initially, staff are very friendly and go out their way to accommondate guests. Also the anmenities are nice-there's a nice outdoor pool, free wifi, complenentary breakfas and managers reception Mon-Thurs, which was adequate.However, the hotel lacked attention to cleaniness of rooms. The linen was changed only after I stripped it off the bed on day 6. My room was not vacumed or swept. The kitchen floor was not cleaned and I noticed an accumulation of dust on the baseboards in the bathroom and kitchen. Also, the furniture was not cleaned or dusted. The television service is satellite, and there are very limited channels. The signal was lost on a regular basis, even when it wasn't raining. If it is raining, which it does frequently in Houston, you can forget staying in to watch a little tv. With a little more attention to details, this could be a 4+ star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank luvtootravel2
Joseph T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear luvtootravel2,

Thank you for your feedback, and for bringing this to my attention. Because of your feedback we are able to make our future guest's experience a 5 star experience. I am glad you got to experience our 5 star service, and I apologize that the rest of your stay did not match. We have already conceived a plan to correct this moving forward so during your next trip to Houston you will have full confidence to rate our property with 5 stars. Please contact me directly before your next visit and I will make sure our accommodations will exceed your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look froward to the opportunity to earn a 5 star review in the future.

Joseph W. Trousdale
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Well-located with surrounding dining and shopping, just off a key freeway on S/W side of Houston...great staff, recently renovated decor, and its proximity to neighboring upscale Sugarland facilities have much to offer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Joseph T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Gaylon S,

Thank you for your feedback, and I am glad to see we exceeded your expectations during your stay! It was our pleasure to provide you with top notch customer service in your home away from home. We look forward to having you back during your next visit to Houston, and please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you ever need anything.

Have a wonderful day!

Keller, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I normally love Homewood Suites but this one in Stafford is not a good one. The beds were so soft and broken down that my husband and I could barely sleep 30 minutes without having to move to another position because it was so painful. I couldn't move the next morning. Then, I slowly walked to the breakfast area where the eggs were chewy and had no taste, the hashbrowns were burned and the pastries didn't look fresh. I will say that they let us check out the next day without charging us for another night, even though it was after 3pm. So they did their best to make it right after telling us they didn't have any other types of beds in other rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Alissa A,

I would like to thank you for your feedback, as it is because of valuable information such as this that allows us to better ourselves for future guests. I am sorry to hear our Homewood Suites beds were not to your standards, and too soft for your liking. During your next visit, I would love for you to contact me directly and before we assign your room we will test individual beds in the hotel to find the firmest bed on the property, so that you can feel at home during your travels. It is our goal to ensure all guests have a 5 star experience during every visit.

I look forward to the future opportunity to earn that 5 star review from you during your next visit to the Houston area.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly if you need anything further.

Joseph Trousdale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#2 of 17 in Stafford
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford
Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land
Staybridge Suites Houston Stafford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Stafford Sugar Land? Share your experiences!