“Amazing relaxing home away from home”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanton
Amarillo, Texas
“Amazing relaxing home away from home”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I would have to say that the pictures of the hotel on the website I found of this hotel was what it looked like, which was why we was so excited to stay there. The staff was really wonderful and very helpful with our questions we had. The price we got for our room was really great and the location was a prefect fit to our needs. It was really easy for us to go back and forth to Big Spring and really easy to find. The breakfast was always good and I loved that they had a different waffle flavor each day (as well as orignal). I loved my strawberry flavored Texas shaped waffle on the first day. I will admit that I gave a good review to the chain as well and I definetly recommend it if your going to the area. The pool was really cold (like ice box water) but it was weather going in after a hot sweaty day...I so looked forward to it on those days. Room was very clean and neat. You almost hate to mess up the beds...I said almost lol. Very comfortable beds to sleep on and a lot of pillows...you didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. We had our room on the third floor facing the highway but you really couldn't hear the noise of the cars. The spa and pool was very clean and I loved the fact that the spa was not to hot for my nephews to enjoy it too. The big flat screen tv was really cool too and my nephew loved watching the Diseny channel on it lol. I will admit it that I did feel comfortable walking about the place barefooted too. The outside parking lot was very clean as well. The spa and pool was not crazy chlorinated like a lot of hotel pools are and you could open your eyes under water. The light in the pool was a big hit with my nephews too. Loved the down comforter and you had enough blankets to keep warm. The air conditioner kept the room comfortable too. So plain to go back and use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hockey_Bear361
jl8601, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I wasn't to thank you for staying with us. I know you had choice as to where you wanted to stay. It was our pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Jacquita Zackary GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Amarillo, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I must admit this was the most comfortable, clean place with the friendliest personnel that I have ever had the privilege of staying at. I would encourage all travelers to stay here and just commute the small distance to Midland. Great food in the morning with the exception of the gravy which is cooked in the crock pot and that makes it salty, the particular gravy that they are using must be stirred into boiling water cooked and then placed in a crock pot I don't believe that they are doing this. Other than that perfect. So this is a five star stay.

Room Tip: The ground floor was lovely right across from the hot tub.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Serena K
I want to thank you for staying with us. It is always a pleasure making our guests comfortable. I will address the gravy issue and get it resolved.

Jacquita Zackary GM
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the quality bedding, tons of pillows! Room has microwave, coffee maker, flat screen w/ free internet. Clean hot tub, not unbearably chlorinated like some are.

Hot breakfast w TX shaped waffles & biscuits w gravy.

• Stayed June 2013
jl8601, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure having you. We make an effort to make sure all are guests stays are great. We hope that next time you are this way that you will stay with us again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was surprised at the cost of rooms in the Permian Basin, I understand the market but some of these places are out if control! I searched and searched, ad disappointed at the cost vs. quality of room in the area. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, cleanliness and hospitality of the staff and hotel. Absolutely the best darn mattress I have slept on outside of my home.! It is about 20 minutes east of midland and worked out great for my quick business trip. I will stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
jl8601, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us. Your comments on our hotel are appreciated. It is always a pleasure to make sure our guests are taken care of and happy. We look forward to you staying with us again.

J. Zackary GM
Brownstown Township, Michigan
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Great, clean place! Spent a night on our way through Texas. Found this through Trip Advisor. Very friendly staff and nice perk for choice members. They only negative had to do with a lack of someplace to eat late in the evening. We ended up at the local Sonic and waited for an hour for our food. So I suggest eating before getting to Stanton . Breakfast was nice and plentiful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
jl8601, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. I hope if you travel this way again you stop in and stay with us again.
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 April 2013

With the boom times in West Texas nowadays its hard to find a hotel room in Midland/Odessa and the prices have gone up significantly! That's why I stay at the Comfort Inn in Stanton because it's only a few miles down the Interstate from Midland and the prices are reasonable. The rooms I've stayed in are spacious and they have a free breakfast. The location is convenient and I can take care of my business in Midland/Odessa and save money on lodging costs. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Book early to get a reservation because reasonably-priced hotel rooms are sometimes hard to find in...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
jl8601, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us. It was our pleasure having you here and we look forward to having you again.
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in a very small town outside of Midland. For a Comfort Inn their prices were rather high. Our room was small. The bathroom was minuscule (tub and toilet inside and sink outside). The room had a funny odor that we assumed was the cleaning supplies they used. Went to breakfast at 8:20 the next morning and there was almost nothing available. Scrambled eggs but no sausage and no biscuits. One or two pieces of bread. No milk for cereal. Fresh fruit baskets empty of all but apples. For the money we paid, we should at least have gotten a nice breakfast. Only plus, the bed was very comfortable. My advice is go on into Midland. You may pay more but you'll get more too.

• Stayed February 2013
jl8601, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I would like to thank you for your stay with us. I do appologize that your stay with us was not as you expected. Our breakfst is now much improved as we have impressionable host and move variety on the breakfast bar. I hope that if you are this way again you give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanton
Hampton Inn & Suites Big Spring
Quality Inn Big Spring
Quality Inn Big Spring
#5 of 17 in Big Spring
Four Points by Sheraton Midland

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!