“An Oasis in the Permian Basin”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanton
Corpus Christi, Texas
“An Oasis in the Permian Basin”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our family stayed here for two nights as we watched our Corpus Christi Hooks take on the Midland RockHounds. In an area were hotels are over-priced because of the oil industry this hotel's offering was more than reasonable. Our two night stay cost us $173.

The hotel is conveniently located so getting off and onto Interstate 20 is not a problem. The outside of the hotel and parking lot was clean. The room was spacious, clean and was located on the east side of the hotel. The king size bed was huge, had ample pillows which comfortably fit our family of three. The wife really liked the comforter and I wish that the hotel would offer a patron a chance to purchase one as some hotels do offer.

The breakfast was good with a reasonable selection of food. There seemed to be an electrical issue in the dining room during our stay as every time I tried to use the toaster it would trip the breaker knocking the toaster and juice machine off-line. Just be aware that your choices for food are limited in Stanton. We bought our food in Midland and brought it back to the room to eat.

On a side note. Our family wouldn't have an issue staying at this hotel again as long as the price hasn't gone up significantly. Most hotels in the Permian Basin have geared their prices towards the oil industry because they will pay those higher prices. What that does is nearly eliminates the casual traveler who cannot and shouldn't pay those ridiculous prices.

Room Tip: If you want to possibly not deal with the noise from the Interstate get a room on the east side of t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
jl8601, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for choosing with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are this way again please stop and stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nags Head, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 March 2014

They seem to have a contract with some oil company and house those guys long-term. I booked as traveling cross-country, thinking, if it was $100 in BFE Texas, must be a reason. Nope! Just to gouge the regular customer. They have a 24 HR cancellation policy or I would have cancelled when I arrived. Is in a dirt lot next to gas station. No restaurant options, nothing. And charge $25 per dog, not the norm for highway hotels. On top of all that, very rude front desk staff. I asked for room away from people so my dog wouldn't bark when door slams, they said no. So my dog is going to disturb people all night and at 5am when the oil workers leave. Worst waste of $100 in my life.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank amdavis11
jl8601, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am sorry you felt you were gouged, our rooms on week days are 169.00 and up and we are reasonably priced. The clerk put you in a pet room as we only allow pets on the first floor in specific rooms. We are not located in a dirt lot but we are next to a truck stop. There were several choices of places to eat here on a Friday evening if you had chosen to go. Once again I am sorry you were unhappy with your stay and we do our best to make our guests comfortable.
Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Overall the stay was good. Staff were friendly, courteous, helpful. And the cookies were great!! I would stay again. Suggestion: fix loose vents that flop in the wind-that was very annoying, and the chlorine in the pool was a bit too hit. But, still....thanks for a pleasant stay. I look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed January 2014
jl8601, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us, it was a pleasure having you staying wit us. We are having the issue addressed with the banging when the wind blows and I am sorry for the inconvenience of the noise.
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Price gouging, Upper Management is pretty rude and thinks there s---t don't stink. Not happy at all with this particular location, long term (non oil-field) with a good memory. When the oil Boom is gone so am I, this will probably be a vacant building

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your stay with us, although I am sorry you felt our hotel was below your expectations.
Rio Grande City, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a great experience staying here. The staff was excellent and extremely helpful. I had to make a trip to the dollar store and find a place for dinner and the front desk clerk gave me directions and also offered if I got lost to call her for guidance. The beds were amazingly comfortable! The indoor pool was a bit cold for my kids but they had fun nonetheless. Everyone treated me and my family very well. The breakfast was very good and it was a good variety of many things you could want for breakfast, Scarmbled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, pastries, bagels, cereals, coffee, fruit & juices. I will definitley be staying here again on my next trip to Stanton.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
jl8601, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay. We know you have a choice and it is was our pleasure to have you stay with us. We do look forward to seeing you again.
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I would have to say that the pictures of the hotel on the website I found of this hotel was what it looked like, which was why we was so excited to stay there. The staff was really wonderful and very helpful with our questions we had. The price we got for our room was really great and the location was a prefect fit to our needs. It was really easy for us to go back and forth to Big Spring and really easy to find. The breakfast was always good and I loved that they had a different waffle flavor each day (as well as orignal). I loved my strawberry flavored Texas shaped waffle on the first day. I will admit that I gave a good review to the chain as well and I definetly recommend it if your going to the area. The pool was really cold (like ice box water) but it was weather going in after a hot sweaty day...I so looked forward to it on those days. Room was very clean and neat. You almost hate to mess up the beds...I said almost lol. Very comfortable beds to sleep on and a lot of pillows...you didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. We had our room on the third floor facing the highway but you really couldn't hear the noise of the cars. The spa and pool was very clean and I loved the fact that the spa was not to hot for my nephews to enjoy it too. The big flat screen tv was really cool too and my nephew loved watching the Diseny channel on it lol. I will admit it that I did feel comfortable walking about the place barefooted too. The outside parking lot was very clean as well. The spa and pool was not crazy chlorinated like a lot of hotel pools are and you could open your eyes under water. The light in the pool was a big hit with my nephews too. Loved the down comforter and you had enough blankets to keep warm. The air conditioner kept the room comfortable too. So plain to go back and use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hockey_Bear361
jl8601, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I wasn't to thank you for staying with us. I know you had choice as to where you wanted to stay. It was our pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Jacquita Zackary GM
Amarillo, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I must admit this was the most comfortable, clean place with the friendliest personnel that I have ever had the privilege of staying at. I would encourage all travelers to stay here and just commute the small distance to Midland. Great food in the morning with the exception of the gravy which is cooked in the crock pot and that makes it salty, the particular gravy that they are using must be stirred into boiling water cooked and then placed in a crock pot I don't believe that they are doing this. Other than that perfect. So this is a five star stay.

Room Tip: The ground floor was lovely right across from the hot tub.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Serena K
I want to thank you for staying with us. It is always a pleasure making our guests comfortable. I will address the gravy issue and get it resolved.

Jacquita Zackary GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanton
Hampton Inn & Suites Big Spring
#5 of 17 in Big Spring
Days Inn & Suites Big Spring
Days Inn & Suites Big Spring
#7 of 17 in Big Spring

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!