“Very Nice in Stephenville”

Hampton Inn & Suites Stephenville
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Stephenville
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed 5 nights on business in a Suite. It is a very large room with plenty of space to spread out in. The Suite has a nice granite counter, sink, microwave, and mini fridge.

The hotel is pet friendly and has lots of green space to walk your dog. The Suite is especially nice for pets since they're not confined to a small space.

The breakfast was actually pretty good. The Bagel Toppers were my favorite, and they had 2 or 3 rotations including a western omelet with sausage or bacon.

I was located on the second floor, facing away from the street, so I had nice views out of both of my windows. I did hear my upstairs neighbor a few times, but I've stayed in enough hotels nowadays that its sadly normal to hear it.

I finished my field work early on Friday, but it was well past normal checkout time. The front desk was very nice and understanding, and let me check out VERY late without additional charge, so I could get home early.

The only thing that needs attention is the fitness room. The treadmill would randomly stop in the middle of a run (and no, the Emergency Stop was not accidentally activated). The Elliptical Machine was just plain awkward. The room needs a few mirrors on the walls and a simple dumbbell rack and adjustable bench. Otherwise, the TV was good, there was a nice big window, and towels were freshly stocked.

The closest liquor store is about 17 miles SW past Dublin (Handy on US 67) so plan accordingly if you're going to be there a few nights.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. We stayed over a Friday and Saturday night. The front desk staff were very helpful in providing us good places to eat. Since we brought our motorcycles, Saturday was spent riding through the surrounding towns. What a beautiful experience. The hotel was located next to a main road which made finding our way around very easy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Went to Stephenville on May 29th for a funeral. Stayed at this location for one night. I went with my daughter. I booked a king with sofa sleeper. The room was HUGE and very clean. Easy access right off the main road leading into the town. The only complaint was the person above us had concrete feet and would not stop walking around in there room. I understand this is not the Hampton Inn fault. The free breakfast was the usual ... enough to choose from. Unlike other Hampton Inns we went down at 8:30 and there was just an older couple down there. No huge lines to wait in. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: ask for top floor so you do not hear the above guest stomping around till 11:00 at night then up at...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have spent a week here for the past 4 years. It is the only hotel in town with indoor pool and hot tub. For the past 3 years the hot tub has not worked. Each time they say the parts on ordered. I booked early this year and actually thought to ask if it was working. It was not but should be in a couple weeks. Of course again when we arrived it was not. As this is one of our luxuries on a trip we were greatly disappointed but have found a Bed and Breakfast down the road with one where we'll be staying next year. Too bad they've never heard of over night express to get replacement parts. The windowless whirlpool in our room did not replace sitting and looking out at the Texas view. If you don't require a whirlpool it has always been an excellent place to stay with great breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Clean, service is excellent, price is right. Nice location with easy access to activities. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Stephenville. Friendly and knowledgable staff that makes your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Gigum
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We have stayed here several times because we have a son at Tarleton State that we visit. We have always had a very pleasant experience here until now. Family of 3. Booked 3 nights with 2 queen beds. Arrived in the evening to be told they had given away our room (what??!!) but put us in a king room with sofa bed. Pretty upset about this. I asked how could this happen and lady at counter--who couldn't have been older than 19--just shrugged her shoulders and giggled. Finally got up to our room after a very long day of driving, everyone got their pajamas on for bed, pulled out the sofa bed for my daughter and there were no linens on it. Called front desk they said pillows, blankets and sheets were in the closet. Looked in closet, there were none to be found. Called front desk back to tell her there were no linens in the closet and she said if we wanted linens we had to come to front desk to get them. Asked if someone could bring them to our room since we were all ready to go to sleep and she said no. I WAS FURIOUS!!! I had to change clothes to go to front desk to get linens. Not a single "I'm sorry" or anything from girl at front desk. Next day checked with front desk to see if we could to move to room with two queen beds like we were supposed to have to begin with and were told they were booked. At that point we'd had enough. Checked out, and went to Holiday Inn down the road and were very pleased. Hampton Inn Stephenville needs to work on their customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stopped in Stephenville for an overnight, and chose the Hampton Inn since we have almost universally been pleased with our past experiences with the chain. Plus they had a nice ad posted at the airport.

We were not disappointed with this Hampton, all was up to par with fast & friendly check-in, reasonable rate, a clean and quiet room, WiFi that worked, cookies & apples, a 5 PM “manager’s cocktail hour” with snacks & beer and a good breakfast in the morning. What more can you ask?

We did not utilize the exercise room, pool or business/computer center, but they were available.

As an aside, for dinner in Stephenville you should consider the locally world-famous Hard Eight BBQ, a funky Texas-style eating establishment a couple of miles west of the Hampton. Definitely not fancy but good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple