“Extremely disappointing!!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stephenville
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Stephenville
Reviewed 3 June 2012

For being a new hotel this place is dirty and very poorly constructed! Our experience first started off by being checked into a room the was only partially cleaned(to list all of the things not cleaned or left behind would take too long plus the bed linens looked like old one and they just made the bed). The front desk girl did her best and was very nice and she moved us up to a suite but that just led to further disappointment. The bathroom door didn't latch, the shower rod curtain was broken and would fall off randomly, the light switches in the master bedroom didn't work and the one lamp we could get turned on just flickered like it had a short in it so we use no lights put of safety. Then it had no blakets or pillows for the pullout bed to use. No trash can at all in the room! Now onto the free wifi they advertise....no such thing my cell phone got more signal than we ever got from the hotel and the business center comptuer didn't even work! Not only that but had all kinda of trash in it. Speaking of trash it was everywhere, on top of vending machines, in the hall and outside. They did have very nice front desk people but by how everything else was I don't think they have any other employees and if they do somebody is doing something wrong! We will never stay here again! I would rather pay the extra $15 and stay at the Hampton!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
laquintastephenville, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Stephenville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks sincerely for these comments from two years ago. You’ll be pleased to know that we have a new commitment to our guests and to cleanliness, customer service and value. If you visit again, you’ll find a much better experience. Still, I’m sincerely sorry that we fell short of meeting your needs during this stay. That’s simply unacceptable.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 February 2012

GREAT HOTEL!!
We are a local couple and have over the years stayed at nearly every hotel in the area this year for Valetines day we stayed with the LaQuinta and rented thier "Whirle Pool Suite" and we have to say that suite is awesome! Its set up just right for a romantic get away with a large jet powered tub in the room and a huge king bed. The next time we want to get away we will definetly be going back to the LaQuinta the staff was great the hotel was clean and the price wasn't bad at all considering it was Valentines I thought it would be much higher than it was and we were really happy with the room and will be back for sure!

Room Tip: get the hot tub room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is a nice hotel. The only problem I had was my room was not ready until 6 pm. I checked in about 11 am and it took that long to get the room cleaned. Also lots of trash on the outside of the hotel. The room was very nice and clean and it had about the best shower head ever. The people who worked here were friendly and the free breakfast was just so so. No meat of any kind and only boiled eggs. Bed was fine. Close to several restraunts in the area. I will probably go back.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We have stayed here several times with good experiences every time. Rooms are clean, quiet, well furnished with good beds. Pillows need help- hard. Booked room last weekend here through Priceline & got a rate of $68. no problems with front desk service- quick check in& courteous staff. Last summer most of our wedding party stayed here- this was the only hotel in town that would give us a volume rate. Rooms are not quite as large as Holiday Inn or Hampton in Stephenville but price is considerably less. Nice pool & breakfast bar. Recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I would not recommend staying at this La Quinta to anyone. I came for my daughters move in to Tarelton State and booked this hotel on the recommendation of someone. The check in was "okay" but not very informative. I have not ever stayed anywhere or been around a hotel (I work in resort property management) that did not ask their guest for any information. We were not asked for guest information or vehicle information nor were we given any information about the hotel itself. It was just initial here and sign here and this is your total and here are your room keys. What happens if there a fire or any other such emergency in the hotel? How do they know what guest they have where??? NUTS!

Now on to the rooms....the room I had was decent. However the room my parents had the A/C did not cool at all. We complained about the A/C to the front desk lets see at least 3 times minimum after check in only to be told that there was nothing more that they could do other than offer a fan and move them to a different room in the morning because they were booked. Hello? is ther such thing as a maintenance staff? And on another note the room my parents were checked in to was at the opposite end of the hall from mine? Now tell me when someone calls to make a reservation for two rooms and in the conversation you know they are coming for the purpose we did wouldnt you try to at least put them close to one another if not in a double adjoining room?? I mean seriously people. I think the front desk did end up giving my parents a "discount" and giving them 20 bucks back on the over 200 we paid for each room. The entire room night should have been comped to them for the hassle that they had to go through. I have no complaints about the young lady at the front desk, I do not know her name that was never given to us but she did everything she was allowed to do and was very friendly with any encounter I had with her during the stay.

After booking these rooms for two nights to see my daugher start her college experience we have now chosen to most likely leave after one night and go back home. I do know next time we come to Stephenville we will not be staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank M F
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My younger daughter and I have stayed here twice now, and both times we left very happy. The hotel is clean, quiet, and convenient. We had a king bed which was very comfortable with ample pillows and linens. The room itself was very clean as well as the bathroom. We were only going to stay one night, but at last minute we chaged our plans to stay another night. The young lady at the front desk took care of it quickly, with a smile. Since it was late (almost noon) when we changed our plans, I didn't expect to have housecleaning go over the room. But we were out and about for a while during the day, and when we got back to the room it was such a nice surprise to have clean towels and sheets. The front desk staff are VERY helpful and courteous. . . one of the reasons I keep coming back to this La Quinta. The pool area was much cleaner than last summer. They had some huge chocolate chip cookies for the guests, around dinner time I think. Breakfast was typical--cereal, waffles, breads. Our room was right next to the elevator but I never her the noise from it. Overall, nice hotel, great staff. My go-to place when I'm in Stephenville.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Staff was friendly but there was no one at the desk many times that I went to the lobby, including check-in. We had to wait until someone showed up to check us in. The A/C unit kept freezing up and while the staff was more than willing to move us to a different room, that A/C was not much better. Our rooms were hot.

Room was clean, breakfast was standard for a lower end LaQuinta. Pet-friendly was a help. Given the choice, would probably not stay here again. The price was the same as a few others in town. It was comparable to a $69 room, not $99.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business