“Junky Motel and crooks to boot” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Stephenville

Motel 6 Stephenville
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Stephenville
Odessa, Texas
“Junky Motel and crooks to boot”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

This place is a disaster, especially for the price. The room smelled like mildew, and was far from clean. Then when I booked, I asked about checking out early, and they said I would not have to pay for a nights stay if I checked out that morning. Well they lied. I stayed 3 nights but paid for 5. I was down there for work, and was not sure how long I would be there, so I booked 2 extra days just in case. Do not stay at this motel!!!! You can find a much nicer place for the same money in Stephenville if you check around.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank dannydugger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

We were in Stephenville for a family reunion which we have had for many years. We have always stayed at this motel because it's location is best to be near our reunion hall.

First of all, the room smelled like urine. We were told that there were no other rooms available due to full capacity. I have a hard time believing this as there were never that many vehicles in the parking lot--even at night.

Secondly, just about everything needs to be upgraded or replaced. The sheets on my bed were so worn that you could practically see through them. The mattress was old and offered no support. One mattress had exposed stains and a Marriott label--obviously purchased used from Marriott.

The blanket on my bed had cigarette holes burned through it and was extremely rough fabric. The towels and washcloths were stained and also very rough.

The table had a leg that fell off. Next to the table was a standing lamp with no outlet to plug it in! Several lamp shades had tears in them.

There were spider webs and spiders in the room. I killed one large jumping kind and believe me that was not fun.

This is a prime example of ripping customers off. This last stay was the worst and I would never stay at a Days Inn again if they allow motels such as this.

• Stayed June 2009
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Stephenville hotels

Austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2008

Called by phone to get block of rooms for girls softball team. After at least 3 of us had called and made reservations they said that they did not have any reservations for us or our team we all called back and redid the reservations and then it happened a second time which we all called back and did the reservation thing a 3rd time.. The apologized repeated for having trouble with their computer system. The week before our stay the team decided to not go to the tournament. We all called and cancelled out reservations.. and again complained about their troubled system and did not provide us with a cancellation number but good assurances that it would be taken care of...but apparently they had multiple reservations for some of us that weekend and when they cancelled our reservation they still had another one in their troubled system or they flat just didn't do it. So we were charged for this room, allegedly because we did not cancel our reservation. After much discussion with the staff it appears that they do not care if they make mistakes or charge other people for their errors. My girls team travels every other weekend, so we know the drill. I and my team will never stay in this hotel or any Days Inn ever. I do not support dishonest people. If I had failed to cancel the reservation I would gladly pay for the room. But I cancelled the room and was charged anyway. Since they feel their mistakes are mine I had to pay which I equate to stealing. Look out for this place.. find an honest establishment.

• Stayed May 2008
1 Thank SoftballCoach12u
Mira Mesa, San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2008

Isolated from city businesses, good place for fun and business, friendly staff, clean rooms. Would highly recommend with family. Did not hike prices during hurricane rather accomodated needy evacuees with warm hearts. Manager Mrs. Boggs provided the best hospitality.

• Liked — Extremely friendly and profefssional stall, cleanliness
  • Disliked — No good restaurant on premises
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
Amarillo, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2008

It was horrible. The rooms, staff, brerakfast, EVERYTHING!! DONT stay here!!!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Amarillo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2008

What a junk motel at an extreme price for what's offered. This is what I've found in most College towns, they don't have to offer any more.

They had my secured and paid reservation in hand and followed none of my requirements, typical.

I can go North to I-40, or West on I-20 and find a motel that's clean and very comfortable for almost half the cost.

Dirty room, broken toilet, morning receptionist could not have cared less. I'll drive further or less, and drive in the extra distance back in if necessary-------should I go again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Grandview, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2008

I've stayed in Motel 6 better than this. This was a horrible room and extremely overpriced for the experience. To begin with, the lobby was tacky and shabby with exposed wiring visible from the front desk. Once in the room, the decor was also shabby and the finish was worn off much of the furniture, which had clearly seen better days - decades ago. When I attempted to heat water for tea with the coffeemaker, the water that came out was filled with chunks of some kind of white mineral-like material. After no less than 10 attempts to run more water through to hopefully clear it out, there were still hard white chunks in the water and I gave up. Then there was the toilet, which didn't flush with as much pressure as I'd have liked but I was okay with that - until it overflowed onto the carpet. Should have taken it as a big waving red flag when the plunger was already there waiting for me beside the stool. As I was preparing to leave, the stool overflowed again and I couldn't get the water to shut off. Then the door wouldn't latch. When I checked out I notified the front desk of the issues and they didn't even offer to discount my room for the inconvenience. Don't waste your money here.

Stayed January 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stephenville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stephenville
#8 of 10 in Stephenville
Hico Hills Inn
Hico Hills Inn
#2 of 2 in Hico

Been to Motel 6 Stephenville? Share your experiences!