“Rose Hill Manor -- Amazing Views, Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rose Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stonewall
Rose Hill Manor
Ranked #2 of 2 Stonewall B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Rose Hill Manor -- Amazing Views, Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

We stayed in the Rosemary Cottage at The Rose Hill Manor June 30-July 3, 2009. I did a lot of research before our trip and decided that this property would be a special, romantic place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It is located in Stonewall, about 13 miles from Fredericksburg. Our stay was perfect in every way!

We were greeted at our arrival by Dianne. She offered us fresh brownies and tea and then gave us a tour of the property and walked with us to our room. She gave us forms to fill out with our breakfast requests for the next three mornings. The 3-course breakfasts were so good! Our favorites were the apple bread, peach puff pastry, 3-egg omeletes and French toast. We made a reservation for dinner one of the evenings at the on-site restaurant, Austin's. The food was excellent. That night they served 1) chilled green beans with candied hazelnuts, pickled shallots, Maytag Bleu Cheese and lemon/thyme vinaigrette; 2) grilled shrimp with Chorizo and Mediterranian tomato sauce with basil pesto Crostini; 3) mixed grill of baby back ribs with petite filet and yankee potato salad with bourbon barbecue sauce; 4) adult s'mores. Everything was the right temperature and very tasty!

Rose Hill Manor is located next to Pedernales Cellars. We were given a coupon at check-in for a free wine tasting there. There is a boardwalk connecting the properties so we were able to walk over to sample some Texas wines. Very convenient!

We enjoyed being in the country. They have a pet dog, Action Jackson, who lives on the property. We saw him a few times and he was very sweet. They also have llamas that we fed each morning. Hummingbirds and butterflies were in the herb gardens each of our mornings there. It is such a peaceful, serene place.

We loved our time at Rose Hill Manor and hope to return soon.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LovesKids

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Amarillo, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

Rose Hill Manor remains one of our all time favorites. My husband and I stayed in the sunrise room on a romantic get-away in May '08 and have hoped to get back ever since. I love everything about this place. Great service. Great meals. Beautiful, large, colorful rooms with gorgeous views from upper and lower wide porches. The whole setting with it's sprawling lawns and scenery reminds me of Gone With The Wind and made me feel nothing but truly special the whole stay.

We're big fans of the Select Registry B&Bs in general, but of all we've been fortunate enough to visit, Rose Hill Manor remains at the top of our list! If you plan to be in the area, or even if you have to make plans to be, don't miss this one!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Doylestown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

I am a native Texan who has been away from her "home" for over 20 years. In all the time growing up there I had never been to Fredericksburg or Stonewall. Was I in for a treat! Rose Hill Manor is a member of the Select Registry, which is how we discovered them. After spending two days with the wonderful people there I can see why:-) As you turn into the drive before you is this stunning manor. You feel as if you are coming home. Bud, who greeted us when we arrived, made us feel like old friends. We were taken on a tour of the dining room, game room and bar area. He informed us of our selections for breakfast each day and confirmed our dinner reservations for that evening. We could not wait! Bud then took us to our room, The Library Loft. Such a fitting room, especially for me, as I am an avid reader. WOW! It has a side entrance with staircase that leads up to the room. The room itself is spacious, beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was spectacular!! Just perfect for two people who needed to get away from the hustle of everyday life. We had dinner that night at the Manor. The chef and the food was 5 stars all the way:-) As they present each course you are told a little about it and how it was prepared. They do have the option of pairing wines with each course as well. Great idea! We chose not to do that; instead we had wine from neighboring vineyards, Perdanalis and Grape Creek. It was fantastic:-) Breakfast each day was such a delight. Our hostess/server Amanda was very gracious and the food simply incredible. This was the first time that my boyfriend had been to Texas. I am so glad that I chose Rose Hill Manor to be his first experience there. To me there is nothing as wonderful as the Texas Hill Country and add to that our stay at Rose Hill Manor, it was amazing:-)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

My wife and I spent two nights here during the week. We stayed in the Sunset Suite in the main house.

The pros:
The room was charming. The balcony outside a nice place to kick back and while away the afternoon. The place was very clean. They have different pillows to choose from (feather, down, mix, hypoallergenic, foam, regular). The staff were very friendly. The four course dinner was up there with the best dining I have enjoyed. They are within short stumbling distance from a good winery.

The cons:
I wish the bed was king size rather than queen. If you are planning on watching TV forget about it. Tiny TV with basic basic cable. No smoking - not even outside! I had to carry my cigarette butts around with me until I found a trashcan in town.

All in all a great place to stay. I would go again.

Houston Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

We were given a 2 night stay by our kids for Christmas. We are retired but very busy folks. This was a great way to have a couple of days together away from all the demands that life has. A chance to just step back and take a deep breath and relax.
We loved the cottage we stayed in and Bob and Patti were gracious and attentive without being intrusive. The food was excellent and served in the dining room overlooking the valley. We actually saw deer grazing in the woods adjacent to the property as we were eating breakfast.
We went at the heart of the wildflower season and the scenery was lovely.

Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

Stayed for 2 nights, Friday and Saturday. The staff are as accomodating as possible. They were very busy when we were there due to it being the peak season so I can understand why they weren't as chatty as I would have liked them to be. The Inn is immaculate and very well kept. We had dinner Friday night and almost were late for our reservation due to the ectremely bad weather that day. In some places there were 12 inches of rain! We drove through that. The food was impeccable. I loved all of it. Ms. Patty is very down to earth and easy to talk to. Thanks for a great visit.
There were a few things that I didn't like but not really enough to say I didn't like the stay.
*Vent fan in bath was not working
*Heat pump was difficult to figure out and we would get hot then cold, all night on the first night. I should have turned it off
*No spot with mirror to sit and primp (You know, it's a girl thing)
*Low water pressure (It took forever to fill tub for a bath)
*Bathroom floor was very creaky
*Front door would stick closed and I couldn't open (Hubby had to manhandle)

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2009

Wow, what a wonderful experience - so unexpected! Located in a small town outside of Fredericksburg, TX - our destination, Rose Hill Manor is a delight. Service, FOOD -- omg, the FOOD - breakfast is the best I have ever had - so generous, beautifully presented and delious. The rooms are tastefully decorated and spotless. We had one of the cottages with it's own private deck overlooking the most beautiful meadow - so peaceful and serene, we felt refreshed in a matter of minutes. Spa services are available- we had a great couples massage by The Living Touch, Debbie and her team - worked out all of the other kinks. And then we had dinner, words can't express how wonderful - we dined at 7PM and had their Prix Fixe dinner - a four course pre-set menu -- served in Rose Hill's dining room - Austin's - elegant and the best meal I have had since dining in New Orleans, up there with the best. We left feeling renewed, totally satisfied on all levels. Patti, Bob and their wonderful hard working staff are all smiles and willing to do what it takes to make our experience the best it could be. Thank you. We will be back and will tell all that we can.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonewall
Inn on Barons Creek
#16 of 80 in Fredericksburg
Cat's Meow Bed & Breakfast
Cat's Meow Bed & Breakfast
#18 of 80 in Fredericksburg

Been to Rose Hill Manor? Share your experiences!