“Nice place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lucerne, Switzerland
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel has big rooms. Were ther for a wedding and had a great time. Left the bar open till late. Nice staff and over the bridge are some nice restaurants with good offers.
Rooms are spacious and the bes very comfi.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your experience as a recent guest at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. We are very grateful that you chose our hotel during your travels to Sugar Land and I'm delighted to hear that you had a great time during your visit.

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Kind Regards,

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

An excellent hotel with great rooms and committed staff. Highly suited for the business traveller. Nicely placed next to the river with an abundance of high quality restaurants within walking distance. Thanks.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. We enjoyed being of service to you during your time at our hotel. I highly appreciate your comment regarding our staff's commitment and I promise to share your review with them. We surely welcome your return on your next visit to Sugar Land.

Thank you for being a valued guest.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a daughter and son Graduating from area high school and friends and family coming into town. Soon realised a last minute need for a room to allow family friends recreate and get ready for the event in addition to our home and other pre-made accomadations.
The amenities and location were tempting and when I went buy the desk staff were more than helpfull and located a large room that even had handicapped accomadations so all our friends and family could use its full ammenities and facities. The shuttle proved very valuable to persons from out of town to make sure they got to places and events in a timely manner. The price was reasonable and all that used the room and hotel were pleased.

Room Tip: Have a room that does not get full sun.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Please congratulate both your son and daughter on on their recent graduation; what an awesome milestone to celebrate! I'm ecstatic to hear that your family enjoyed our hotel and that we were able to play our part in making the celebrations a success. Thank you so much for sharing your review with us.

We would love to be of service to you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

san antonio
Reviewed 15 June 2014

the hotel tucked inside and quite. Room are very spacious and very well maintained. Staff were very courteous and pleasant. The breakfast has good selection. Moreover having food available 24/7 is plus when you come in late and hungry. Easy access to freeways.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
It was an absolute pleasure to be of service to you during your visit to Sugar Land, TX. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel on TripAdvisor as well as noting some of key amenities potential guest are interested in knowing about. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we would love to see you on your next visit.

If I may be of further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Truly Yours,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been to Houston many times because I have family there, but I always stay in a hotel. I chose this location because it was closer to where I needed to be. I was definitely pleased with the location; close to major arteries and the freeway but far enough back that it was quiet. I had a double room with a view of the lake. I'd never stayed in a Hyatt Place before and I thought the room was very large compared to most others. There are lots of restaurants and a Whole Foods within walking distance. I will definitely stay here again when I go to Houston.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your first stay at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land! Your very detailed positive feedback is highly useful for other travelers who utilize TripAdvisor to assess their hotel of choice. It's gratifying to hear that this will not be your last stay with us. Please do not hesitate to come back and visit us at any time.

If I may of further assistance to you please feel free to contact me directly.

Cordially,

Austin, TX
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were able to book a room at Hyatt Place during a busy conference week in the Houston area and couldn't have been more pleased! The rooms are clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly and professional. The nice lake (or maybe it's a bayou) and walking trails are definitely a plus. And there are many restaurants and shopping opportunities nearby - even within walking distance.

Room Tip: Plenty of space in the rooms!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you during your conference in Sugar Land. We are very grateful that you decided to stay with us and that you shared your personal views about the Hyatt Place Sugar Land on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and that you were able to take advantage of the walking trails as well as the restaurants within a very short distance.

Thank you again for your kind review.

Kind Regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2014

First, I arrived late on a Friday night - the check in process was smooth and very friendly.

I think the room layout is terrific. But here are my major complaints - I had the air turned to the low 60's - and the vents are on far side of the room, so it was very very warm where the bed is behind a partial partition. I could not sleep terribly well either night due to the temperature never cooling down by the bed. Also, the light in the bathroom is not terribly bright, so you need to keep your bathroom door open to where the sink/vanity area is to get enough light in if you plan on shaving.

I also stayed on a first floor room facing the water, but the blackout shades did not really black out the bottom light - so the parking lot lights and daylight came through. I highly recommend staying on a higher level room.

The breakfast buffet was bountiful, though the fruit looked a big soggy and sad.

I was surprised that my toiletries were not replaced by the maid on Saturday.

Would I stay in a Hyatt Place again - absolutely; this one, maybe. The price was reasonable, location is convenient, it was very clean, but the other factors give me pause.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor if you want to have the black out shades work.
Green Features: If the air conditioning is not set to go below 72 degrees, then that is a problem. The temperature difference from where the vents blow to the bed is nearly 10 degrees.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. I sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Feedback such as yours is vitally important to our success and we appreciate your taking the time to inform us of your dissatisfaction during your recent visit. We realize that sleep quality is one of the most, if not the most, important factors when lodging at hotels. Rest assured, I have forwarded your comments to their respective departments and your concerns will be addressed.

If your travels ever bring you back to Sugar Land; we wish to extend a warm welcome upon your return. Thank you again for your valued feedback.