“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

After staying at another chain on Friday night, we HAD to stay somewhere else. I'd chosen this hotel initially, because I LOVE Hyatt and they seem to be the most consistent of all hotel chains. Usually their customer service is amazing, as well as the cleanliness of the rooms.

This place did not disappoint. The view was very pretty (although I was not concerned about the view). It was close to Richmond, Rosenberg, Sugarland and many of the Southern suburbs.

There is complimentary WIFI, excellent complimentary breakfast the following morning and the room was extremely clean and very comfortable. The bed was great...just couldn't get enough. All of the Hyatt Place rooms have a sofa sleeper so you could put one more person in king and double rooms. Also, all rooms have refrigerators. Some chains do not have this. I believe there are microwaves located downstairs for use. I'm not positive about that. But at least you don't have to pay extra for a refrigerator.

I love Hyatt and I've stayed in many Hyatt Place Hotels. This is the first time I've stayed at this location, but it did not disappoint. It is very consistent with the other Hyatt Place locations (I could have been in any city and they all look the same).

If I had any negative...hmmm...the staff could have been a lot nicer when we checked in on Saturday night. They weren't rude but did not give the usual "above and beyond" customer service that I receive from Hyatt brand properties. (Excluding MLife in Las Vegas). In their defense, there were a lot of children in the hotel this weekend. It appeared to have been a youth conference and there were rude children everywhere running around the lobby this weekend. I will give them a temporary break because the kids were definitely getting on my nerves as well. I had no problems with them in the room. Apparently they did not stay on my floor.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pond are gorgeous. I believe it just depends on what you like. I believe t...
Green Features: Just like all Hyatt's this is an option for you if you like.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts as a first time guest of the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. We genuinely value your positive feedback and we would like to thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt. Your constructive feedback regarding the staff at check-in is surely appreciated. We're always seeking ways to improve and we will use your review as a basis of coaching and mentoring.

We would love to see you again soon. Thank you so much for being a valued guest.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This pass weekend me and my wife stayed here it was smooth easy and relaxing right after we got married. We came after our wedding and spent the night enjoyed breakfast in the morning and the free WiFi was excellent I look forward to staying here again just for a weekend getaway with my wife.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RunHotCEO
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
It was an absolute privilege to be your hotel of choice on your wedding night. It is very rewarding to know that we were able to play our part in ensuring that your wedding day was both smooth and relaxing. You have our heartfelt congratulations from the team here at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land!

We promise to have a warm welcome awaiting your return. Please come back and see us soon.

Warmest Wishes,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Another great Hyatt stay. Clean room, comfy beds, free wifi. Standard room feels like a suite with the divider separating the living area and beds.Hyatt rooms always make you feel like you are in a 5 start hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
1 Thank eniaz37
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your travels to Sugar Land. I'm so happy to hear that were able to provide you with a great experience! Our team truly appreciate your positive feedback and and we would like to express our sincere gratitude for your loyalty to Hyatt.

Thank you so much for your patronage.

Truly Yours,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were at this hotel for the 4th of July and had a great time..

I must give this hotel an excellent rating for 3 reasons...1. Staff 2. Staff 3.Staff......the Staff here are absolutely Awesome and quick! They were so nice and professional, very responsive and more than willing to answer any question or provide assistance in any way possible. Service was so great, I had to go back downstairs to get their names. So Rocilio, Destiny and Gelena.(hope I spelled their names correctly)..many thanks to you for making this an Awesome Getaway for me and my family of 6.

Room: Our room was clean and we had an awesome view of the water....So beautiful at night.

Housekeeping: Awesome, Clean sheets each day as requested and room vacuumed, additional towels, room smelled great, dishes removed from and returned to kitchen.

Food (Hotel Bistro): Good Points - Desert is great especially if you can get one of the cookies fresh from the oven...YUM but also try the gourmet cupcakes. I also ordered the Chicken Quesadillas which were very good and the tomato basil soup was awesome too.

Free Breakfast: Mediocre at best. We don't eat pork and the sandwiches offered had pork each morning; they did however offer to remove it for us which was great. Also I would suggest that they figure out another way to keep the food warm. I am a person that like my food very warm and some of the items were cold or luke warm.

Room Tip: Request a top floor...the views of the water are Awesome
Green Features: I understand environmentally friendly practices such as changing the bedding every other day but when you have 4 children (3 under the age of 5 and 2 adults)....it is necessary for a daily change so we didn't participate but I respect their attempts.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We highly appreciate your taking the time to share your candid feedback as well as recognizing our associates. I'm ecstatic to hear that Rolicia, Destiny and Gelena were able to ensure your visit to Sugar Land was a success! I promise to share your review and praise Rolicia, Destiny and Gelena at our upcoming Associate Picnic, where all of our staff as well as their family and friends will be attending. The recognition and kind words such as yours both motivates and encourages our staff to continue to provide authentic hospitality and for that I thank you very much.

It would be our pleasure so be of service to you again. We look forward to see you soon.

Warm Regards,

Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a night stay on our way to South Padre island. Excellent bed and pillows. I wanted the pillows lol. You will get a great nights sleep here. Room is big. Close to any type of restaurant you want. Staff was generous and helpful.

Stayed July 2014
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience about the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land; we highly value your feedback. We're fortunate that you gave us the opportunity to serve you during your way to South Padre Island. We would love to see you again so please come back and visit us soon.

If there is anything else we may do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I just love this Hyatt the beds are great here you will get a good night sleep for sure. For the business person who believes in working out the lake is a great run nice view, great destresser, and just an overall nice place. You can walk to more than 5 great places to eat everything from a sit down dinner to a burger. And Gi Gi's cupcakes will make you blow your workout! Come enjoy a nice walk around the lake a night it's worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. Thank you so much for sharing your candid feedback with us. Our location to Brooks Lake is personally one of my favorite features of our hotel and an evening walk around the lake is certainly a great way to unwind. The next time you're in Sugar Land you must try Gigi's Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake; it's simply amazing!

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel has big rooms. Were ther for a wedding and had a great time. Left the bar open till late. Nice staff and over the bridge are some nice restaurants with good offers.
Rooms are spacious and the bes very comfi.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Matthew S, Manager at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your experience as a recent guest at the Hyatt Place Houston - Sugar Land. We are very grateful that you chose our hotel during your travels to Sugar Land and I'm delighted to hear that you had a great time during your visit.

Thank you for your valued feedback.

Kind Regards,