Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
Houston, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The staff was great! The hotel is clean and spacious. House keeping comes every day regardless if you are staying or not. I felt very safe and comfortable here. I had company from some work friends and they were attended to with the same customer care.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I moved across country and stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites (Texas must be known for big bugs - had the same issue in South Carolina). While exploring the area and wanted to change hotels, I found this great hotel (Extended Stay America - Sugar Land TX) to call home. The staff was EXCELLENT from the moment that I arrived (Thank you Nick, Monique, Dilan, Elan, Quentin and the rest). For a older hotel, the rooms were clean and well maintained. The location is perfect! Close to Sugar Land Town Center where activity is going on at all times as well as close to the City of Houston. Great restaurants surround the hotel (one minute away is the closest to 12 minutes away); Walmart and Sam's Club within 3 miles; First Colony Mall for all your shopping needs within 4 or 5 miles. I would recommend this hotel to all who are passing through this area for a day or a year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very happy to read your feedback regarding our excellent staff and the cleanliness of your room. As well, it’s great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location.

Thank you for providing us with your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed 19 January 2014

First, ask specific driving instructions because the location is difficult to get to. I called the night before our reservation to confirm & make sure they had a King size bed available since my husband & I are not small people. I was told by the person on the phone, that they had a "special priceline only room" & the bed was queen size. Upon arrival the next day at 2:45pm to check in, I waited at the desk for almost 20 minutes for the clerk to find my reservation & room assignment. I offered my copy of the booking receipt, but she didn't want to see it. She also had difficulty programming the room key. We went to the room which ended up being in a very stuffy, stinky part of the hotel & it was marked with a "Handicapped" symbol. Housekeeping hadn't even been there since the last occupants. The room smelled horrible! The room was a mess, bed linens obviously slept in, a wash rag next to the bed on the floor, along with a smelly, musty stench like the hallway. I called the front desk to let them know the condition of the room & to give them time to find another one for us. We waited at the front desk while the "manager" went to go check visibly another room was ready for us. He never came back & the lady left at the desk asked us if we needed help. My husband was pretty furious by this time but held his cool. He explained to her our situation & her response was about the key card issues. Not very nice or professional or even helpful staff. After 45 minutes went by from our 1st attempt to check in, we finally got a room which we were "upgraded" to. The hallway smelled fresh. The room seemed clean but blew musty air out of the ac unit. I went to put my personal items in the small drawers. THEY WERE OCCUPIED by about 8 different things, including a prescription drug for asthma & hair color for men, deodorant etc. We took a picture of them in the drawer & my husband brought the items to the front desk. A customer checking in, innocently asked if every room got those products too? They hadn't vacuumed under the bed wither where we found beer bottle tops. By this time we only had 30 minutes to get ready & drive to our evening commitment. Very stressful. If you took the time to read this review, please head my warning to NEVER STAY HERE! I gave this place a chance knowing the express booking was inexpensive, but never imagined the level of incompetence & filth we experience. I also took the time to email corporate & tell them about this much over looked, mismanaged location.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here until this place has been restaffed, cleaned with a fine tooth comb &am...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GeralynkR
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our staff and the cleanliness of your room did not meet your needs. I met with our housekeeping staff to address these issues and your comments will be very useful as we work toward better serving our guests. I am sorry that you were misinformed about the bed size, as we do not carry king size beds in our hotel. As well, I want to apologize for the issues you encountered with the programming of your room key. We have fixed the problem and are working to make sure this does not occur in the future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Sugar Land hotels

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

It was a Thanksgiving weekend visit with family for us and our son. Based on the price, pictures and some reviews, it seemed like a good nearby choice. When we arrived, we actually tried to check in at the wrong hotel - the Extended Stay Stafford is just a mile or so up the freeway. Based on our stay, that might have been a better choice.

Check in impressions were fine - clean looking, although smallish, breakfast area and friendly helpful staff.

We drove around and parked near our room, and, once again, first impressions were ok. Our king bed had decent linens, the TV was relatively new and decent sized, and we appreciated the apartment-sized fridge. Closer inspection, however, revealed several flaws. There were clear maintenance issues in the bathroom and failed caulking had led to mold in the shower. There were only 2 towels, although the room sleeps 4 and the only toiletry was a tiny bar of soap. The "kitchenette" - 2 burners, a small sink, coffeemaker and a microwave in addition to the fridge - was practically bare with 3 glasses, a couple of plates and utensils, a pot and a pan, and absolutely nothing else - no dish soap, no paper towels, no coffee filters, nada. In fact, every drawer in the room was completely bare. No list of services or policies, no list of nearby anything - guests are totally on their own. No bedding or pillows were provided for the thin, flimsy sleeper sofa, although the staff at the front desk brought them. And the free wi fi wasn't really functional. The curtains were also a little too small to block out the bright parking lot lights.

The next morning, we discovered what they considered "free breakfast". Coffee, hot water, and instant oatmeals were all that were out when we went down but the desk staff opened up the pantry to offer us granola/oatmeal bars, a packaged muffin, and an apple or orange. Apparently, its was supposed to be a "grab-n-go" type of thing.

There is also no maid service of any type, at least during a 2-night stay. I grabbed a 3rd towel off the housekeeping cart myself, but there was not even trash service, and no indication of where a dumpster might be so that we could empty it. We had to stretch that tiny sliver of soap to the max.

It was almost a relief to check out. The front staff did earn a 3 1/2 rating, but the facility and amenities are barely a 2. There are better choices in the area for similar prices.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank s2mc
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am very sorry that your room and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that your comments have been brought to the attention of our staff, and we are working to enhance our offerings moving forward. As well, since the breakfast is a new feature at our hotel, we will keep your comments in mind as we continue to make improvements to it in the future.

Again, I truly apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Still, I do hope that you will return to our hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Just finished a two week stay here, the room had mold everywhere.. The a/c heating units had a disgusting amount of mold buildup in the vents.. Bathroom walls and ceilings were covered in mold. The room had a horrible stench 24/7 ; not to mention the 2 cockroaches I witnessed crawling down the hallway.. The wi-fi service does not work half the time and the gym is a closet with ONE machine.. Stay somewhere else...

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Mapleleafs21
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you encountered these issues during your stay .I discussed your comments with my team and our maintenance and housekeeping staff will be servicing each room to ensure that there isn't mold. We have contacted our pest control company to do a treatment as well.

Thank you again for providing your review of your stay with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Good place to stay. It’s very much near to Houston, Stafford.
If you don't have car then Walmart, Sam's club, Indian restaurant and small lake side restaurant is very much near. Staff is really helpful.

Room Tip: Just had a Room on 1st floor and Pool parking facing.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Richmond, Texas, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

You have to experience the warm home greeting you get when coming home for the holidays and the feeling of genuine care from Monique Joseph. She has gone over and beyond to make my time here at Extended Stay America (sugar land, tx) a memorable cone. It's not very often that you meet a perfectly stranger that shows you that there are still some good people left who value other people. Now the customer service from the cleaning crew could use a little improvement but your needs will be met. Now I did have one bad experience with an injury, due to a drainage pipe located in the front of the lobby entry way.

Room Tip: Monique Joseph, will sum it up. Tell her if you have some particular health issues, needs, and she...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Tim - I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about the customer service provided to you by Monique. Also, I am sorry to hear about your injury. We are working to remedy the issue with the drain pipe to ensure this type of incident does not take place again.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#2 of 17 in Stafford
Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Sleep Inn & Suites Stafford

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Sugar Land? Share your experiences!