“Love this hotel and its location”

Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Very friendly staff, excellent service, clean rooms! Arrived late, at check in received complimentary breakfast and when I asked for a coke gave me one from the shop, again complimentary. All of staff greeted me, asked how everything was for me. Great location-Starbucks next door; lots of restaurants willing to make carry out orders. Good shopping.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Pete K, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Marriott Town Square is a excellant place to stay. Great places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank finleycss

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Spent two weekend nights at this hotel and enjoyed it immensely. Don’t know where DBK from Chicago was staying but our room (7036) was large, overlooked the square, quite comfortable beds with duvet sheets and comforter, etc. YES…the noise from the hallway
is noticeable as people walk by and talk, shut their doors, etc. Maybe a little more so than normal. It did not interrupt our sleep however. Room had a small refrigerator to keep items cold.

This hotel is right on the square with wonderful sidewalk restaurants, live music and shopping. Lots of fun pubs in the area. Hotel is combined with a conference center and the complex is quite large. Free parking across the street or valet. The buffet breakfast was good but expensive ($14) as one would find in most quality chain establishments. Book directly online for a $99 (advanced rate/non-refundable) per night. We plan to return next month to Sugar Land and stay at this hotel because of its location.

Room Tip: Book online for advance rate. Ask for room facing the Square.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed for 4 nights to attend an arthritis conference in the hotel. The group of us had special needs and the hotel staff went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. I always felt welcomed by the staff, from the front desk associates, to the valets, to the restaurant staff, to the housekeeping staff, to the hotel managers. Everyone was professional and compassionate. The breakfast buffet was excellent in The Burning Pear restaurant. The room I stayed in was nice and comfortable. The special items I requested were in my room when I arrived. I would like to say Thank You to all the staff for making our stay and our conference the best it could be!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I would like to say thank you to the excellent staff and service of the Sugar Land Marriott! Arthritis Introspective (www.arthritisintrospective.org) was fortunate to hold our national Gathering at this magnificent site. The conference rooms were spacious and accessible. The guest rooms were comfortable, clean and up-to-date. The staff was more than accommodating to our attendees and were accommodating to those of us with disabilities. The conference suite was an excellent place for our guests to congregate after a day of programs, with a great view of the town square and room to store refreshments, serve meals and even sing some karaoke. The price was extremely reasonable and very helpful to our attendees, many who are on fixed incomes!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed in Sugarland this past weekend for a family event. Outside of hotels around the Galleria, this is probably your best bet if you need to be in the suburbs. That said, this hotel offers average 3-star accommodations typical of your run-of-the-mill Marriott. Pros: the location in the heart of Town Square is desirable if you need to stay in the suburbs. They offer free self-park. The gym is as good as one needs. The lobby is beautiful and gives the illusion that you're staying in a nice hotel. The staff overall was nice. Cons: the rooms are really average to shabby. We stayed in a room with double beds with two kids and were cramped. The rooms are very small and they only have 2 suite-style rooms in the entire hotel. Our room was stuffy and humid. The sheets were of such poor quality that every time one of the kids or my husband turned over in bed I was woken up. They felt like you were sleeping on sandpaper and were so hard that they literally made a noise when someone moved. The walls are paper thin so we could hear the baby crying in the room next door. Guests were really loud when closing their room doors which were super heavy and extremely loud. The bathroom was tiny and there was no luxury there. Overall, I care about how I and the family sleeps when away. We all slept poorly for three nights (my back was killing me by night 3) and I was thrilled to be home after staying at this hotel. I have no plans to return in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DBKChicago

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Whether or not you are going to like this hotel will depend mostly and your expectations and your ability to tolerate horrific beds.

The Marriott does a few essential things well: It protects you from rain, wind and warm/cold weather and provides you with running water. It doesn't go much beyond that however.

Have I mentioned the beds? I'm far from being a picky sleeper, but literally everybody in our group, even a 15-year old, complained about the beds, pillows and sheets. Personally, I haven't seen sheets like that since I was in the army. Thin, hard and noisy. If you so much as just move your foot, everybody in the room will hear it. How another reviewer could compliment their beds is beyond me, he must be used to sleeping on the floor.

Another major annoyance was the A/C. No matter what the temperature setting was, it would just keep on blowing - it was essentially either on, or off. We ended up turning it off at night so that we not freeze.

Internet is $10 / day, which also seems somewhat high, even Southwest offers free wireless on many of their planes now for $5.

Some of the kids TV channels had static in them.

There are some upsides, since it wasn't all bad. The staff was great and helpful at all times, and I also liked the fact that a Starbucks is directly attached to the hotel. We also utilized their airline check-in computer in the lobby, which made checking into our flights easy. I also used their gym twice, which was pretty big with a lot of machines.

While we stayed there they also had some sort of event going on that filled the entire lobby and elevators with a disturbing smell of cooked fish.

Another annoyance is the fact that the entire hotel with its hundreds of rooms seems to have rooms with just one size, making it a bad fit for small families where you have to share the bed.

We did request a 3rd bed for the room, which was delivered, but we ended up not using it since it didn't have sheets on it (and I was too tired at that point to call and ask), and there was literally no room to put it up anyways.

In the end we were mostly unhappy because nobody slept well, but kudos to the staff.

I would not recommend you stay there unless you have to stay in the sugar land area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Drury Inn & Suites Houston Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#1 of 17 in Stafford

Been to Sugar Land Marriott Town Square? Share your experiences!