“great staff/rundown hotel”

Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Despite the excellent staff, I would not stay again. unless they renovate. This hotel has had so much wear and tear.
I had stay for an extended stay and started to notice how filthy the place was. I caught the maid rinsing out the glasses in the bathroom sink!!!

The old carpet is just gross,lots of stains on towels and bed skirts. The place has a musty smokey smell especially on lower floors.
I actually caught the worst sinus infection of my life, I woke up each moring feeling like crude. The AC runs nonstop. I could not take this place any more checked out and started to feel better right away.

Room Tip: Only stay one night
1  Thank tootieday
Andrea T, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Sugar Land and for sharing your review. I will absolutely follow up on the few issues you encountered during your visit with us.

We were thrilled to read how you enjoyed our location and services. We will celebrate those with our Ambassadors as we do so enjoy when we go above and beyond our guests' expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Do you want to stay in a heavenly place and pay next to nothing? Come to Sugar Land, only a few minutes from Houston but close to all possible amenities. Want a clean, upscale hotel, good service? Look no more and come to Marriott. I used to come to Sugar Land and this was the only Hotel in town that I could consider my home. Private driver would take me everywhere ( I mean the shuttle valet) within 10 miles. I used to go to Pappas Grill Steakhouse ( on 59) or walk to Perry's and that was it. Now, i alternate between the Hyatt and the Marriott Town Square. Sometimes the Marriott is booked and I go to the Hyatt. Town Square is the place to be as the previous writer stated. Everything is handy, clothing stores, phone stores, nail saloons, spas, hamburger places, seafood, pharmacy's, etc. Some times I come with my wife and while I go to meetings she is busy shopping or hopefully window shopping. We walked to the movies at 1 am and never felt threatened. Very safe, lots of police, an amazing harem in the suburbs of Houston.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Pete K, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

We live less than 40 miles from thus hotel but were attracted by the great weekend rates and its proximity to bars, restaurants and shopping. We arrived to find a compliment bottle of sparkling wine, my mum had called to ask them to put one in our room, they said they would be happy to and they paid for it. We wanted to stroll the town square and drink some beers in Baker St and the flying saucer, the hotel was perfect for it. Great place to get away and chillax!

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 26 July 2012

This Hotel has one of the best locations in the Great Houston Area. You can walk to shops, returants, bars and even the First Colony Mall. The Mall is about a half a mile walk, but an easy walk. Very secure and well lit at night.
Check the Sugar Land City Hall/ Town Square website on the weekend you plan to go. There are free concerts and entertainment on the weekends in the summer. The concerts are held on the steps of City Hall. The City Hall is about a 75 yard walk from the front door of the Marriott Hotel. Our stay was Saturday night 7-21-12.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the street of the hotel are queiter unless there is a concert going on, but they ar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Most people don't realize Sugar Land airport handles a substantial amount of private flights. I stay mostly at Marriott Town square because it's close to everything. A couple minutes away from the airport, maybe 20 minutes into downtown Houston and this place is always a winner. It's nice to go downstairs and work on my laptop at the Starbucks almost next to the Lobby. I didn't count but possibly 20 to 30 fantastic restaurants within walking distance. I like for Steak Perry's Grill, Tradicao Brazilian Steakhouse ( this one you have to drive 5 minutes but it's well worth the drive), Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, etc. The Mall is also walking distance, reminds me of the European stores with apartments on the top. The hotel is quiet, clean, top quality. I travel frequently to the Sugar Land area and Marriott is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the downtown Houston view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Hotel by name commands expectation but the setup in the hotel room needs refurbishment. The only dislike was that the shower was not really functioning well.
Breakfast range was limited but sufficient to fill up the stomach. Limited tables in the lounge so have to be timely, avoid coming in during "rush hour" but weekends are closed so no breakfast!

Facility wise, comes with a swimming pool with a jazucci pool beside and a gym. Bar at the lobby serves nice dishes but only tried for an evening.
The area around the hotel is surrounded with shops, further a distance are malls and eateries. Carpark is a little away from the main lobby requires a little walk.

Lobby staffs are friendly and depends on person on the shift. Laundry bill was charged wrongly and required a little time to explain before they got it right.

Overall, nice location and stay.

1  Thank gecko_cheeko
Andrea T, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

We were thrilled to read how you enjoyed our location, services and food quality. We will celebrate those with our Ambassadors as we do so enjoy when we go above and beyond our guests' expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was my first time staying with this hotel location. I'm a frequent Marriott customer (Platinum Elite) . The front desk staff was outstanding. They were very courteous and responsive to all my needs throughout my stay. The rooms where excellent and the surrounding businesses made it even better. I highly recommend them.

• Stayed: July 2012

Drury Inn & Suites Houston Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#1 of 17 in Stafford

Been to Sugar Land Marriott Town Square? Share your experiences!