“First Class From Start to Finish”

Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
UK
“First Class From Start to Finish”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I recently stayed at this Marriott in Sugar Land. This is my second home and all of the staff are great. I am lucky I get to stay in hotels all over the world but this one is special to my heart.

How many General Managers would come into the Business Center while I am working and ask, "Could I get you anything or something to drink?"

That is not just service, that is a class act.

Nicki, Alex, and the team, you do a great job.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Thank you so much for the pleasure of hosting you during your visit. Being a Marriott, you can always trust that we will host you brilliantly. We want to make you feel at home and always be sure that you have a memorable stay while you are with us. I know our entire team is very passionate about serving our guests and I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and to our hotel for quite some time. I will be sure to share your comments with Nikki, Alex and the rest of the staff. It was a pleasure to have met you as well. Thank you for sharing your experience while with us as well. I hope to see you back during your next trip to the Sugar Land area!

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I recently stayed at this Marriott and it was the worst experience I have ever had in a Marriott Hotel. The staff was not attentive, the elevators were dirty and in general the hotel appeared tired, the valet staff was rude, we did not receive the rooms we reserved and the breakfast service is better at McDonald's.
I reached out to express my dissatisfaction with our stay and was told by "Nikki" that she was sorry with what appeared to be a copy and paste form letter. In our correspondence she never once addressed any of my concerns and told me they would not be offering me any thing but an apology for my trouble.

When you pay this much for a hotel room you expect a minimum quality level, unfortunately this Marriott does not deliver.

I stay more than 75 nights per year in hotels and will not be returning to this one.

Buyer beware...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
rick g, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out your thoughts on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that your experience was negative. I can assure you that It is not typical of our hotel. In addition, thank you for taking the time to speak with me after writing your review. We look forward to seeing you
at the Marriott on your next visit to the area and will certainly do our best to provide the excellent service and accommodations we are accustomed to giving and you are accustomed to receiving.

Happy Holidays and take care.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Great location in the heart of Sugar Land with great staff and customer service, but the rooms are subpar and not worth the fee charged. There are newer, more sophisticated and similarly priced hotels not far from Town Square which are better values.

The carpet, beds, and decor is tired and showing it's age. I understand there is a renovation project ongoing, but I left from my visit in September that I wasted a lot of money.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
rick g, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Thank you for submitting your review. We strive to ensure every guest has an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. I apologize that you thought our property need some refreshing.

I am glad to hear our staff members met if not exceeded your standards. I apologize again for the decor of the hotel being not to your liking. I do hope you will give us another chance when you are in the Sugar Land area.

I thank you for your feedback.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel and as a Platinum Elite member i must say this hotel and its staff was by far head and shoulders above the rest. If your visiting Sugar Land there is no reason to stay anywhere else. Thank you to Michael, Steve and your entire team for making my visit one to remember. I will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Nicole G, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest while you were in town. I am very happy that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. That is what we strive to do with each guest. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your comments with Michael, Steve and give special recognition to our team.

I am glad to hear that we will see you the next time your travels bring you to the Sugar Land area. Take care.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hotel is HUGE yet every corner I turned I found the most friendly and welcoming staff to help guide me throughout the hotel. When I stepped outside the hotel, wow - great shopping and dining - heck, it's like a resort. Also the decor the hotel is beautiful - what grand chandeliers in lobby and meeting space - it's like I was on the set of the Titanic!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Michael N, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience not only about your stay but your experience at our hotel. I am delighted that you were impressed with the Sugar Land Marriott and that our team really went above and beyond to ensure you had a great first experience with Marriott.

I will be sure to recognize the team as well for their great service. They will be thrilled with your comments as well.

Thank you again for choosing the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square. We hope to see when you return to the Sugar Land area.
Coleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I stayed here in July for a week as part of a Business trip. I wouldn't imagine many folks staying here as part of a vacation, but for what I needed, it was great.
Hard to find any fault as it wasn't me paying for it!!
Room excellent, would have been nice to have additional TV channels given I was staying alone.
Small town centre presents a nice quiet area, that can be a little more lively in the evening's. The bar next door was full of very interesting characters every night!!
Gym in hotel was a nice free addition and Starbucks downstairs provided me with my additional wake up caffeine call every morning! Free parking also a bonus!
Breakfast was good, but I would think twice about paying that amount if I was staying as part of a vacation.
The staff were excellent, particularly the foyer/reception staff. Always keen to assist and advise. The only thing I found a slight annoyance was the guy who wanted to open the door for me all the time to gain a tip, it's not something we're accustomed to here so was a little awkward, so aimed for the carousel door or Starbucks each time!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Aaron A, Guest Relations Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Dear Brian,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square and for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. I too think our hotel is beautiful and offers so many wonderful amenities to our guests with the surrounding shops and restaurants. The Valet staff we have outside are there to open the doors for our guests while returning back to the hotel to alleviate our guests if carrying belongings etc. Please do not feel compelled to tip them since we are there to assist you in any and every matter.

I am so happy that your experience. Exceeding our guest’s expectations is our goal. I will share your accolades with our whole team. The truly will go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a productive and fantastic experience.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I hope to see soon in the Sugar Land area.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is a very nice, comfortable and modern Marriott on the 'main street' in a 'town center' setting. It is close to shops and a wide range of restaurants. In addition to the a comfortable bar scene, Friday evening live music on the steps of the Town Hall attracted a pleasant mix including young families and added to the areas' appeal. The hotel staff was always welcoming and genuinely helpful and service oriented. The rooms and public areas were clean and well maintained, almost new looking. After four nights there, I would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend the hotel, if Sugar Land is where you want to be. Note that it is not close to Houston's airports and it's a very expensive cab ride to and from. The note of caution: I and a number of friends also staying at the hotel (all of us are steady on our feet) coincidentally observed that the bath tub's inner side seems to slope inward toward to bottom of the tub. If you don't step fully into the tub you could slip and loose your footing. There was a convenient handle on the wall at the front of the tub. I'd advise holding on as you get in to take a shower or bath.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel can be more noisey, as they look out onto City Walk (the main street...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
rick g, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Onthego005,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad you enjoyed what the Town Square has to offer. The local attractions are definitely a positive for the hotel. Thank you for your feedback regarding our bathtubs. I apologize that you had a gripping issue and glad the handle worked out as a safety measure back up. I will follow up with our Director of Engineering to see what we can do, so our guests will not experience that issue. I appreciate you letting me know.

I am happy to read that you were pleased with the hotel cleanliness and our staff service. We want to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad we did on most levels. My commitment is to work on any areas that any guest mentions. We could not improve or change without our guest’s feedback, so again, thank you so much for your review and future recommendations to your family and friends.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott , your feedback and see you the next time you travel to the Sugar Land Area!