Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
US$123
US$123
Hyatt.com
US$96
Best Western Sugarland Inn(Sugar Land)(Great Value!)
US$141
BestWestern.com
US$75
ExtendedStay
Drury Inn & Suites Houston Sugar Land(Sugar Land)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$121
US$72
Comfort Suites Stafford(Stafford)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$87
ComfortSuites
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskvalet parkingfire pitwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelshops and restaurantsbusiness tripgreat areahome away from homenice locationlobbypearshoppinggarageburningcarmen
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed multiple times. Hotel is good, very kind staff from the moment you walk in you feel welcome. Rooms are fine, always clean and constistent over multiple stays. Gym is large and well equipped. Due to amount of good restaurants at walking distance, hotel retaurant is more for bfast. The lounge for regular guest is okay but not too great. Closed Friday midday and wknd.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Wereldreiziger987
Aaron A, Guest Relations Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square and for sharing your experience. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your patronage and repeat business. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay. I am glad you were able to utilize all the amenities the hotel has to offer as well as enjoy the restaurants in the Town Square surrounding area.

Thank you again for always staying with us and we will see you soon during your next stay with us to the Sugar Land area!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. I booked through a 3rd party and there was a small problem with my reservation. The front desk was very helpful and the problem was solved within minutes. The same staff also remembered my name and addressed me the next morning as I was exiting the hotel. Very safe and convenient location. Walking distance to shopping/restaurants/bars. Small refrigerator in room and a microwave near the front desk for guest use. Valet parking is available for a charge but there is free parking in an adjacent parking garage or on the street directly in front of the hotel. My room had 2 beds which were not much bigger than twin size, definitely uncomfortable sleeping for 4 adults. The linens were also very noisy so with every move in the bed you could hear the sheets and duvet which made it hard to get a good night's sleep. Very small uncomfortable pillows as well. Check out of 12:00 noon was nice and we enjoyed watching the morning activities through the guest room window facing the Sugar Land City Hall. There was fresh fruit water and hot chocolate available to guests in the lobby. There is a small sundries store next to the front desk and a Starbucks attached through the lobby. The hotel has a restaurant which we did not use. There is also a rooftop pool with much seating that would be nice in the warmer months. All in all, it was a great stay but definitely would recommend getting more than one room if you have more than 2 guests because of the very small beds.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mmrojas
Nicole G, Front Office Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Rojas,
I was delighted to read your review and wanted to sincerely thank you choosing to stay with us. I know each of our team members want this to feel like your home away from home and we do our best to go above and beyond to ensure you have a wonderful experience. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you soon and look forward to thanking you in person! Thank you for taking the time to review us and take care.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location for the Town Square New Year's Eve event which is why my friends and I have stayed here the past three years for NYE. It's a safe option and great location for all the alcohol-laden festivities.

Due to past experience we splurged on a Square-view room which came in handy since the night was quite rainy and we were able to watch fireworks from the comfort of our room. The hotel also offered a wonderful free breakfast the next day, which was an excellent touch.

However, that's where the convenience ended. First- we reserved rooms with two double beds and these were not doubles. They were a little larger than a single at best, and for four adults it was a tight and uncomfortable squeeze. The mattresses matched the datedness of the room as they were saggy and very uncomfortable.

For a hotel that hosts a lot of business travelers, the room had maybe two free outlets. For everything else we had to unplug lamps and clocks.

But the most uncomfortable fact came when, 30 minutes before official check out (we have been allowed to check out later on NYE in the past) several loud alarms came over the speakers, scaring us out of our wits. Then came an announcement that Centerpoint was shutting down power to the hotel's side of the street and we would need to vacate the room as soon as possible.

So long before we were prepared to leave (the room was a MESS) we were rushed out of the hotel and into the rain.

I know this is not the hotel's fault but as I was told by a front desk person they found out late NYE night and didn't want to awaken guests by coming over the loud speaker then. I understand that but they certainly were able to get our bills to us early that morning, why not include a note about the power outage with the bill when they slipped it under the door in the wee hours?

This is what I told a manager I spoke with when I called the next morning. He informed me that in fact letters HAD gone out to all patrons letting them know of the outage and that the announcement was merely secondary. When I informed him we had received no such notice he seemed surprised and directed me to his front office manager, Nikki. I left her a message and waited two days with no response.

When I finally got in touch with her, I found her to be a little rude. She also told me a completely different story than the manager I spoke with previously. According to her the hotel only found out about the power outage shortly before the announcement came over the loud speaker, not the night before and that no other guests had been informed by letter.

I tried explaining what the previous manager told me but I could tell she was not listening and just wanted to get me off the phone. This was confirmed when, at the "end" of the conversation she hung up before I could even say "goodbye".

After this I will not be back to Town Square or the Marriott for New Year's Eve. This unavoidable situation could've been handled better and we paid too much for a hotel in the suburbs to be shoved out into the rain with such little notice and the follow up left much to be desired.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Michael N, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for submitting your review. I, along with our team, were completely taken aback by your review of your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure every guest has an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations.

As a Marriott, I want to ensure we have the most engaged team members here to serve our guests at all times. We offer amenities such as the shuttle, the restaurant to be a great benefit for our guests and the Town Square. However, we did not impress and several of our team have already gotten together to discuss.

I sincerely value your feedback and want to thank you for taking the time to review. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and look forward to seeing you if you come back to the Sugar Land area.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was in Houston on business and stayed at the Sugar land Marriott.
I mentioned at the desk I had just returned from Fairbanks and the weather was a bit different. Even slept through my birthday flying back getting packed and heading out again.
After supper that evening, left in my room was a birthday card and a treat from the restuant.

Made the stay even better!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Aaron A, Guest Relations Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear Morton Glen,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square and for sharing your experience. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your patronage. I am thrilled that you have a wonderful stay. Traveling can be difficult and we sincerely want our guests to feel like they are at their home away from home while with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as well. We try to personalize each stay and be attentive to our guest comments.

Thank you again for staying with us and we will see you soon during your next stay with us to the Sugar Land area!

Reviewed 12 December 2012

If I return to Houston, I will definitely consider staying at this property again! I was there for a conference. From the moment I got out of the airport shuttle to the moment I returned to the airport shuttle, I was IMPRESSED! Their staff are some of the friendliess staff I have ever met, certainly bringing to life "southern hospitality"! Their guestrooms are comfortable, clean, and well appointed. I love the convenience of their location, in the heart of great food & shopping. I walked around the area and felt very safe....and Starbuck's is RIGHT NEXT DOOR! The conference center made my time there enjoyable as well. It's easily accessed and their food & event staff contributed to my desire to return. I just can't say enough about this property. I look forward to a return to this hotel on a leisure basis so I have more time to experience their amenities and the area! I'm convinced that the management company is on the right track, all the associates seem to be happy & helpful...a sign of employees treated well!

Room Tip: High Floors Give Great Views
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Aaron A, Guest Relations Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Shawna,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review on your recent stay with us at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square. As a Marriott, we always want to be sure that we go above and beyond in every aspect of the guests stay. I am thrilled to hear that our staff was a true example of our spirit to serve our guests.

I am so pleased that overall you had a great stay and the service and staff you encountered exceeded your expectations. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the extra amenities the Town Square has to offer as well during your stay.

Thank you for your recommendation and for also commenting you would stay with us when you return. I look forward to your next stay!

Thank you again for sharing and hope to see you soon during your next visit to the Sugar Land area! Everything is sweeter in Sugar Land!