“Excellent service but noisy and too busy!”

Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Sugar Land
New York City, New York
“Excellent service but noisy and too busy!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Another fine example of Marriott Properties consistent service. The staff was as usual attentive, kind and courteous.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend this location if you dont mind the noise and business and hustle and bustle of the shopping going on outside and the live bands playing on the weekends.
I wish I took photos to share with everyone. It was a bit busy due to four weddings I was told. so it was a bit noisy on the weekend. but come Sunday it quietened down a bit. Never let them give you a room near the elevators on the 8th flr since that was right near the lounge and that is annoying with the doors always slamming with ppl coming and going from the lounge since its open 24 hrs.
but all in all it is a typical Marriott quality property.
That's the great thing about Marriott you always know what you are getting!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that not on the 3rd floor due tot he laundry room and not on the 8th floor close to t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bubchow
Mike S, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of the Sugar Land Marriott!!! We strive to drive Excellence in all that we do. So many of our guests enjoy the fact that we are located in the heart of Sugar Land where there is always something going on.

Thank you again for choosing the Sugar Land Marriott - We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed here for a quick business trip. Lobby was nice - staff were efficient and very good on check-in; parking guys superduper with great suggestions about how to avoid extra cost!

I was given concierge access, which was great. The breakfast there was good - fresh, and nice space in which to enjoy it and have an early AM meeting with a business partner.

The negatives (and this is not that bad, but noteworthy for the establishment) - air conditioning not working so well. Had to take it down to 63F and even then it was a bit "lukewarm". The dehumidifier was not working well at all. My suitcase contents felt damp by the end of my stay (not quite 18 hours later) - and definitely it was noticeable when I arrived home and opened my suitcase by comparison to my house!

The bathroom - tub grout had mildew marks. The tub itself was aged. It was clean, but worn.

The carpets - well worn. The hallway carpets - well worn. The furniture in the room looks its age. For a convention hotel, this place needs a facelift.

The staff friendliness offset the negatives, as well as the bed was super comfy and noise level was non-existent - I ended up getting a decent night's rest. The internet was comp'd to me after I raised my eyebrows about them charging for it - most of the competition has comp'd internet where I go. The guy was super-accommodating, not batting an eyelash when I mentioned it, so kudos to him.

Overall, I was happy with the stay. I would likely stay here again if in the area, despite the aged condition of the rooms - let's hope that their air-con gets a facelift, also.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay here at the Sugar Land Marriott! Our goal is to deliver Excellence. I pleased to hear the service we delivered exceeded your expectations. I can assure you that we are always working towards perfecting the other issues you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.
Algarve
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square for a few nights in early August 2013 on our trip across the US. We were in 2 family rooms, which were clean. Bathrooms were fine.

Despite the fact that the rooms could do with some refurbishment, we had a really nice experience there. Breakfast was good with lots of choice in the buffet. Service at breakfast was excellent. The standard Starbucks quite close to the lobby was nice to have.

In fact, we had to wait for ages for check-in because the rooms were not ready and there was a huge wedding group waiting to check-in. But the front office staff professionally dealt with it all and the young man at the desk really handled the situation well by immediately compensating me with a few breakfast vouchers. Excellent touch to make up for things that can and do go wrong.

Business centre was good to use and easy access.

Overall - we had a good time and we would go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mike S, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We take great pride in providing the best experience for all of our guests. I can assure you that I will relay your comments to the appropriate people. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time at the Sugar Land Marriott.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Was in town for a convention for three days & was very happy with my stay. The property is beautiful; renovated lobby, restaurant, bar & meeting space are top notch. The fireplace in the courtyard is an awesome place to relax with friends/colleagues too.

The guestrooms are very clean the housekeeping staff does a wonderful job refreshing the rooms. While the rooms are dated, they do not appear to be as old as they are; however, based on the fact that the lobby was just renovated, I would imagine a guestroom renovation is just around the corner.

There is no reason to stay at any other hotel in Sugar Land. The town square where the hotel is located helps with walking to shops/restaurants, the service is 5 star & the food was excellent. A must stay if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Good Palce for Convetion
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at the Sugar Land Marriott. We take great pride in providing excellent service in all areas of the hotel. I can assure you that we will share this information with our staff and recognize them for their job well done. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay here in Sugar Land.
Rosenberg, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I live nearby the hotel and decided to stay for my friends wedding in their beautiful ballroom. From the very moment I stepped into the hotel I was greeted by a number of conceigres in the front and then Mr. Umair at the desk. He was professional and expedited my check in with all the important information. Mr. Mike Seigneur was in the lobby to make sure that my check in was satisfactory and that I was aware of the amenities of the hotel. ALL THIS before I got to my room!

Later that night I enjoyed the beautiful ballroom for a my friends wedding and the banquet staff was amazing. Luis the Banquet captain went above and beyond to handle numerous requests that I made of him. He is truly an asset to the hotel and should be commended for his dedication to customer service.

All in all it was excellent experience, so much so that I ended up staying another night. My only suggestion would be to add some SHADE to your pool. The Texas heat can be a little overbearing on a hot day. I can't wait to visit again. Thank you to the all the staff and Mr. Seigneur! Stay Excellent!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mike S, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Thank you so much for your review about the Sugar Land Marriott in Town Center. We take great pride in providing all of our guests with an Excellent service and home away from home accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Sugar Land Marriott Town Square is in a great location. Staff are friendly helpful and professional and the lobby is beautiful.....BUT the rooms are VERY outdated. The decor is old and dingy and in need of an update. They must have had a leak or cleaning carpet during my stay as a very loud fan was blowing right in front of my room trying yo dry the carpet--kept me awake and when i turned it off----it was magically turned on again. For the price of the rooms, the hotel really should be updated. The toilet in my room ran periodically--every 5 mins or so. I am a Marriott rewards member and stay in lots of Marriott's but this one truly disappointed me. Due to the very lackluster condition of my room, I will not be staying at this property again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Let me apologize on behalf of the entire staff here at the Sugar Land Marriott. We take great pride in providing the best experience possible for all our guests. Clearly we fell short on this experience in many ways. You can be assured that this experience will not go unnoticed and we will use this, as we do all guest feedback, as a means of improvement. I truly hope that the next time you are in the Sugar Land that you give us another chance. We won't let you down.
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed over a weekend. The staff was very professional, warm and helpful. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The pool is on the roof and has no shade. They really need umbrellas It was just not pleasant. It is a shame. It is a nice area. The gym was great and has good equipment. It is a very busy area and it is noisy at night. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. The street noise and the bands playing at near by bars can be heard in your room. It is not too loud but it is odd that it is not sound proofed a bit more. All in all a really nice property with a lot of great places in walking distance.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that our staff took such great care of you during your stay here at the Sugar Land Marriott. We do apologize for the other issues you experienced here. We are currently looking into some of the items you mentioned and should have them addressed hopefully by your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again.