“Good hotel, great location”

Sugar Land Marriott Town Square
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sugar Land
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, great location”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over a weekend whilst working in Sugar Land as wanted to be in a more central and walk-friendly part of town. This hotel was spot-on as I never needed the car all weekend. There are so many places to eat drink or shop on the doorstep including a nearby shopping mall which is about 15 mins walk away. The hotel itself was very full but on arrival, I was 'guest of the day' which was a nice touch and it meant I had a free bar voucher, cookies brought to the room and free soft drinks. I checked to see if it was just a marketing ploy and given to everyone, but it didn't seem so, so was pleased with this. The hotel is well maintained and the staff are very friendly. The bar area is also very welcoming. The pool area is very nice and clean with free wi-fi. The room I had was of a good size and had all necessary amenities, though it did have a slightly mouldy smell (due to the humidity). Shower was adequate. Overall a good hotel in a great location. Enjoyed !

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your kind review of the Sugar Land Marriott!! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take guest feedback very seriously and are already addressing some of the items you mentioned as opportunities. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing the Sugar Land Marriott!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
FLA.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I spent 2 nights there in October and was treated with great sevice and hospitality. Even though the hotel is not new, it is is great condition. There are many restaurants and shops galore. The evening streets are crowded in this upscale area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. We strive for excellence in all that we do here at the Sugar Land Marriott. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Magnolia Springs, Alabama
Reviewed 8 October 2013

For whatever reason I didn't have a reservation the night I arrived for a two week stay. The staff made arrangements for a nice room in a nearby hotel for one night then checked me in the next day.They made every effort to make this as convenient as they could. I know that mistakes sometimes happen, Cara and the entire staff here are a perfect example of how a "WORLD CLASS" hotel takes care of customers.

Thank you again.
Mr. B

• Stayed October 2013
Mike S, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad that we were able to take care of you and that everything worked out all right. We all take great pride in providing the best service on the planet and I am so pleased to hear that you experienced that with us. I can assure you I will share your kind words with the team.

We look forward to seeing you again at the Sugar Land Marriott!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Another fine example of Marriott Properties consistent service. The staff was as usual attentive, kind and courteous.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend this location if you dont mind the noise and business and hustle and bustle of the shopping going on outside and the live bands playing on the weekends.
I wish I took photos to share with everyone. It was a bit busy due to four weddings I was told. so it was a bit noisy on the weekend. but come Sunday it quietened down a bit. Never let them give you a room near the elevators on the 8th flr since that was right near the lounge and that is annoying with the doors always slamming with ppl coming and going from the lounge since its open 24 hrs.
but all in all it is a typical Marriott quality property.
That's the great thing about Marriott you always know what you are getting!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that not on the 3rd floor due tot he laundry room and not on the 8th floor close to t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bubchow
Mike S, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of the Sugar Land Marriott!!! We strive to drive Excellence in all that we do. So many of our guests enjoy the fact that we are located in the heart of Sugar Land where there is always something going on.

Thank you again for choosing the Sugar Land Marriott - We look forward to seeing you again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed here for a quick business trip. Lobby was nice - staff were efficient and very good on check-in; parking guys superduper with great suggestions about how to avoid extra cost!

I was given concierge access, which was great. The breakfast there was good - fresh, and nice space in which to enjoy it and have an early AM meeting with a business partner.

The negatives (and this is not that bad, but noteworthy for the establishment) - air conditioning not working so well. Had to take it down to 63F and even then it was a bit "lukewarm". The dehumidifier was not working well at all. My suitcase contents felt damp by the end of my stay (not quite 18 hours later) - and definitely it was noticeable when I arrived home and opened my suitcase by comparison to my house!

The bathroom - tub grout had mildew marks. The tub itself was aged. It was clean, but worn.

The carpets - well worn. The hallway carpets - well worn. The furniture in the room looks its age. For a convention hotel, this place needs a facelift.

The staff friendliness offset the negatives, as well as the bed was super comfy and noise level was non-existent - I ended up getting a decent night's rest. The internet was comp'd to me after I raised my eyebrows about them charging for it - most of the competition has comp'd internet where I go. The guy was super-accommodating, not batting an eyelash when I mentioned it, so kudos to him.

Overall, I was happy with the stay. I would likely stay here again if in the area, despite the aged condition of the rooms - let's hope that their air-con gets a facelift, also.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay here at the Sugar Land Marriott! Our goal is to deliver Excellence. I pleased to hear the service we delivered exceeded your expectations. I can assure you that we are always working towards perfecting the other issues you mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.
Algarve
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Square for a few nights in early August 2013 on our trip across the US. We were in 2 family rooms, which were clean. Bathrooms were fine.

Despite the fact that the rooms could do with some refurbishment, we had a really nice experience there. Breakfast was good with lots of choice in the buffet. Service at breakfast was excellent. The standard Starbucks quite close to the lobby was nice to have.

In fact, we had to wait for ages for check-in because the rooms were not ready and there was a huge wedding group waiting to check-in. But the front office staff professionally dealt with it all and the young man at the desk really handled the situation well by immediately compensating me with a few breakfast vouchers. Excellent touch to make up for things that can and do go wrong.

Business centre was good to use and easy access.

Overall - we had a good time and we would go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mike S, Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We take great pride in providing the best experience for all of our guests. I can assure you that I will relay your comments to the appropriate people. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time at the Sugar Land Marriott.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Was in town for a convention for three days & was very happy with my stay. The property is beautiful; renovated lobby, restaurant, bar & meeting space are top notch. The fireplace in the courtyard is an awesome place to relax with friends/colleagues too.

The guestrooms are very clean the housekeeping staff does a wonderful job refreshing the rooms. While the rooms are dated, they do not appear to be as old as they are; however, based on the fact that the lobby was just renovated, I would imagine a guestroom renovation is just around the corner.

There is no reason to stay at any other hotel in Sugar Land. The town square where the hotel is located helps with walking to shops/restaurants, the service is 5 star & the food was excellent. A must stay if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Good Palce for Convetion
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Mike S, General Manager at Sugar Land Marriott Town Square, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at the Sugar Land Marriott. We take great pride in providing excellent service in all areas of the hotel. I can assure you that we will share this information with our staff and recognize them for their job well done. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay here in Sugar Land.