“They had Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Sugarland Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Sugar Land
“They had Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Syliva Reyes and Vick were very helpful and accommodating.
I have a great stay everytime I'm there. Rooms are always very clean and good breakfast.
They nice exercise room, and can't wait to come back to try out the pool.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Hotel is clean and staff friendly. On the other hand there is a lot of space for improvement. The shower was not working properly . Shower water was thin and no hot enough. In the 3 days I stayed a plumber could not be arranged to fix it, the clothes drier was not efficient and left the clothes damp. Hotel could not provide the change to run the drier. For breakfast there are no eggs daily, only twice a week. In the 3 hot trays there were only pork items and neither chicken nor turkey. Therefore unhealthy. Although I complained it fell on deaf ears. Breakfast selection was meagre
In the 2 weeks I toured LA, Oklahoma and Tx. This was the worst. Best Western I stayed in Las Vegas last year was very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sugarland Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Brian,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize for not meeting your expectations.

In regards to the hot water issue, please note that our booster pump broke. I have two commercial 100 gallon boilers therefore there was hot water at the hotel but took a little longer to get since the pump broke. The pump has been replaced with a better product and there are no issues.

In regards to breakfast, please note that all of our products come from an approved vendor that is used across the United States by hospitals, hotels, and restaurants. My products are also name brand products that are regularly purchased in grocery stores. The same food that is served at my hotel is the same food you will eat at any full service hotel and restaurant. We buy most of our products from the same place.

Also, keep in mind that our breakfast is FREE. A FREE breakfast consisting of Western Egg Omelets with onions, peppers and cheddar cheese, Egg Frittatas with vegetables and ham, pancakes, apple wood smoked bacon, pastries, biscuits and gravy, breakfast croissant sandwiches, biscuit sandwiches is ample for a FREE breakfast.

There are many competitors in our industry that charge fees for breakfast, parking, internet, and happy hour. Please note that our rates are competitive and all amenities are complimentary.

We try to provide the best we can at the rates that are charged to our guests. I am sorry you expected more for the competitive, reasonable rate you paid.

Management.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My experince at best western sugarland as been the best. I have been staying here of and on since july 2013. The staff here is always eager to help you in any way they can. Sylvia, Vick and JAY have been the best host in all my stays here. Thank you guys for putting up with me. And to the GM nick thanks for the plate of food it was delicious. I look forward to many more stays here. God Bless

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

A bit off the beaten track but helpful, friendly staff. Hairdryer was broken but immediately replaced and young woman receptionist went out of her way to be helpful. Would recommend as a good value place to stay if visiting Sugarland

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
sugarland tx.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The Young Lady at the front desk Ms. Sylvia was very, polite, professional, and quick. She made sure that everything was OK with the room. Room was very clean, and nice.. I am very very well pleased, and comfortable.. Thanks for everything..

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Longview, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We booked the room for a visit with family. The hotel is a little further than we would like it to be from where we are during the day. When checking in, we asked about just staying for the one night instead of two. The employee was rude and unhelpful. And ...... To top it off....... There is literally feces smeared on the white shower curtain in this "clean room"! Yes! Poop in two areas. You would have needed to be blind to miss it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank L L
Manager S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Sugarland Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dr. Traveler,

Our apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. I have researched your reservation and came to understand that you initially requested to cancel your reservation after our cancellation time had passed. We were unable to do so without penalty since it was past the allowable time frame. I understand that this issue angered you however cancellation policies are standard practices in the hotel industry and are in place for business management purposes.

Also, I personally researched the room you stayed in and found no trace of the conditions you described. Posting fictitious and malicious content regarding our hotel will only empower us to strive to achieve better standards and experiences for our appreciative guests.

I apologize again for the issues with your reservation.

Management
Cleveland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel is located a little off the beaten path so just follow your GPS. It seems to be pretty new, very comfortable beds and the rooms have everything you need, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. The staff is very friendly and the housekeeping is very good. I found out the day I was leaving that they have curb side VIP parking for members. The hotel is close to numerous restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacies. If you want to check out Sugarland, you can't go wrong here and the price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor and the end of the hall, never heard a peep out of any one.