“bargain”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sulphur Springs
Reviewed 24 August 2014

good wifi -- had very uneven experience with wifi on our road trip. What a relief to find good wifi here. And a mini-fridge, microwave. Have paid much more and gotten less. I'll stay here again, if we make the road-trip next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
KRISTEE D, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

I would like to say thank you for you stay with us and for you wounderful review. it is our goal to make each stay for every guest a pleasureable one. i hope to see you again in the future.
Thank you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had three rooms as we were traveling to pick up bison with 4 trailers. I initially reserved the rooms online, but then had to change the type of rooms. I called the hotel and the staff was very helpful in getting it all lined up for me and answering my questions regarding parking of all of our vehicles. Although our stay was short, it was very comfortable and certainly will recommend this hotel to anyone.

Here is a tip:

My I-phone Map got us lost! It told us to go down Radio Rd after getting off on Exit 125. We ended up in a tight housing area with two large trailers and never even saw a Radio Rd. There is no such road!

Our son and daughter-in-law had no trouble finding the address with their Garmin and whatever Navigation was installed in the Ford F350 since they each were pulling a trailer. I will download Google Maps onto my I-Phone. Apple needs to fix this problem!
Paula R

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was very convenient to the interstate. I was truly surprised by the cleanliness. It is newer construction, so every thing is fresh and clean. The beds were so comfortable, my husband slept better than he does at home. I recommend this one!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Making sure you hire people familiar with the service industry would help make your hotel a better place to stay. The people at the desk act as though they do not want to be there and helping you check in is a problem with them. Then they did not even know how to do the bill or set my key to the right number of days so I had to get them to reset the key twice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
KRISTEE D, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2014

i do agree with you 100%. And with saying that, the front desk has been almost completely turned over with new employees. The front desk staff that we currently have has been trained in the matter that is required to give each and every guest the 100% satisfaction they are looking for and make each one feel confident in their stay. i would love to see you again in the future so you can experience our new hospitality for yourself. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff was great, the room was clean and the people in the area were very nice. A lot of places to eat a or call in for delivery. Also, they have smoking rooms and you get to keep your puppy with you as well. Free HBO and WIFI and I would stay there again in my travels to a d from Chicago to Austin...

Room Tip: Fridge is already cold, unlike other Hotels. Comfortable bed. Large room. Clean bath.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan G
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My encounter with the staff was pleasant. I went to this location due to area and the convenience to local store. I checked into my room, just put my things inside and went to get myself something to eat. I returned around 8:30 PM and was going to put my suitcase inside the closet and when I opened the door a fail odor and noticed the closet had mildew all over the walls and on top of the shelve. Very nasty, so I was unable to use it. I did not report it because I was tired from my trip and needed sleep. Never again will I stay here due to the housekeeping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

i send my apologies on your unpleasant stay. i was made aware of the issue and it was related to a leak from the shower that dreined behind the wall, which happens to be the back of the inside of the closet. we did have a proffesional plumber out to the property to resolve the issue and the mold from this incident has been removed. i woild love to see you again in the future and allow us the chance to meet all of your Laquinta expectations. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

When we reserved our room over the phone we requested a crib for my seven month old. Were told not a problem it would be in our room at no extra charge. When we got there we were greeted with smiles and told the printer was backed up so she would bring our sheet to sign to our room, when she got it printed. We got to our room the key didnt work and there was no crib the carpet was nasty looked like it had not been vacuumed in a while. There was urine on our toilet seat and a cover to a razor on the sink. The refrigerator didn't work well and the WiFi was not allowing our phones to connect. We went back to the front desk and was told that the crib had been given away and they didn't know to whom. But that they did show in their computer that we reserved it in advance. So my husband and I had to share our bed with our seven month old who likes his space when sleeping. Needless to say we got no sleep because he could not get comfortable. I did eventually go back to the front desk and sign the paper while I was out walking the hotel at 230 in the morning with my son b/c he didn't have his own space. He never has a problem sleeping through the night. During our stay we did visit the pool and hot tub. Which were both dirty. The hot tub had a green slime rim around it. The pool water was a milky color so needless to say we weren't there long. Once we were ready to go outside to smoke, there is no where for smokers to sit and enjoy them selves, my mother and I found out we were locked out because the other key didn't work either. So had to call my husband to come let us into the building. Now for the beds i am 5 foot tall my mother is 5' 2" and has arthritis in her knee and the top of the beds are at least 35 inches tall. So climbing into bed was a bit of an under statement. After staying here I never want to stay at this La Quinta again. I am thoroughly unimpressed with our stat.

• Stayed: July 2014

i would like to apologize for you unpleasant stay. There has been many changes made since youir last stay. A new management company and myself as the GM hss taken over. the carpets have been thoroughly cleaned by a professional and the pool and hot tub and clear and in working order. our wifi is up and running and i do apologize for the height of your bed, but it is standard height for Laquinta. The front desk is basically a whole new staff and they have been trained on watching for the special requests in order to accomidate each and every guest adiquately. i do hope that in the future you will five us another try to allow us to meet your expectatins. Thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sulphur Springs
Hampton Inn Sulphur Springs
Hampton Inn Sulphur Springs
#1 of 9 in Sulphur Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sulphur Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#3 of 9 in Sulphur Springs
Days Inn and Suites Sulphur Springs
Best Western Trail Dust Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#7 of 9 in Sulphur Springs

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs? Share your experiences!