“Not interested in helping you ”

Motel 6 Sulphur Springs
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sulphur Springs
“Not interested in helping you ”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Could not get weekly rates or even a multi- night because of supposed rooms being reserved yet I can count the cars in the lot on one hand, maybe it's just the discount they have a problem with. Advertised wi-fi is not free. Three bucks for that. Smoking although advertised is not allowed. It is clean for a motel six, yet the customer is last at this motel six

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Sulphur Springs, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear jtom77, Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay
you had as a result of the service issues you experienced. These conditions are
not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our
Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us
provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 August 2013

OK, it's Motel 6, you have to expect what Motel 6 has to offer not Ritz-Carlton.
It was clean, bed was comfortable, flat screen TV worked well, many channels.
Just me, just one night, I would stay here again. Cost was $40 including tax,
This is the new Motel 6 decor, no carpet to become nasty over time, bathroom clean and adequate. Towels clean and worked fine, not high quality, but again, you're only paying $40.
Had microwave and fridge, both worked well
Downsides:
motel is 2 exits (miles) from fast food
It is a little difficult to access off the Interstate, but I got there in daylight so no problem
I did not try the WiFi
The night (5 AM) clerk I could not understand her English, Desk clerk in evening spoke good English.
Bottom line, it was clean, it was inexpensive, I would stay again. I like the new Motel 6 decor.

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor room, I could hear people above me walking around
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Robert R
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Went to the night check in and rang the bell. Waited. Rang. Waited. Woman came out, I asked if there was availability she said no and went stormed off back to bed. Rude. Waited a while. Rang. Her daughter came out and checked me in.
Room looks unexpectedly nice - must have been recently remodeled - but don't let it fool you. You are given 1-2 thin towels, and upon entering the toilet was clogged and full of feces. The bed spread was old and yellowed and it looked and smelled as if it had not been changed since the last customer. It probably hadn't.
The next morning I awoke to people leaving at 6 am. As the motel is popular with construction workers and not very soundproof I imagine this is unavoidable. I went to the office to fax a document and was quoted at 25 cents a page. This should have run me $3. The girl spent 20 minutes (seriously) faxing it and then returned and told me $5. I said but it is 25 cents a page and she stated that her father told her to take $5 for it. I had no choice.
In all it is a terrible hotel. Please avoid this - it isn't worth the few dollars in savings.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here on April 23, 2013 in room 105 which was a queen. Cost was around $43 which included tax. Pleasantly surprised. Easy check in. Smell of great Indian food in the large lobby. Ask the check in person where a family run buffet is for dinner...good food if you like Indian. Everything in the room was up-to-date and clean. Bamboo floors. Microwave and refrig. Flat screen Samsung with control that worked. Modern furniture. Real bathtub with curved clean shower curtain. Modern bathroom fixtures. Still the small soap bars. H/AC unit that did not rumble. Fairly quiet. Large parking lot with room for those moving. This could be a real plus for some. Easy access to I-30 and then onto Dallas or Texarkana. I was pleased. Bed was actually comfortable I extras pillows were given upfront. Wifi worked with my Macbook - motel612. Specifically do not understand the review from j0yfull1.

Room Tip: Did not have a swimming pool that I saw. It was cold anyway.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 29 January 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE< IT IS NOT SAFE!! This was Motel 6 at it's worst. I arrived at 10p I reserved a non-smoking room, was given a smoking room. No heat in that room, so we were changed to another room. Heater did not work well, very noisy. Tried to take a shower, water was tepid at best. I asked the manager what he could do about it and was told that's just the way it was. I asked the manager for an extra blanket because of the heater, was told they don't have any. It was 20' that night, and only a few rooms were rented night. Had to use a sleeping bag from my car, my daughter slept in all of her clothes. It was too late to go to another hotel. In the morning I asked for a refund, and was told by the same manager that it was not possible as the credit card machine didnt do that kind of transaction. Security at this location is a major issue; twice I was asked if wanted to buy some meth, one lady asked for my cell phone to buy her baby some food. People are not safe in this motel. THE OTHER REVIEWS MUST HAVE BEEN WRITTEN BY THIS GUY'S FAMILY.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE. Keep on down the road.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We were very impressed with this new and modern Motel 6. Everything is very modern and you have a nice feeling as soon as you walk through the door. We were rather distressed to find by the end of the night our bare feet were dirty from the floors....so next time we'll make sure we have slippers along. The internet speed was fast enough to let us use our MagicJack on the computer. Would definitely stay there again if we're traveling through.

Room Tip: Hopefully the cleaning staff will start washing the floors more often...but otherwise, it was great.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimMary63
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 November 2012

One of the nicer Motel 6 properties. Re-designed rooms, furniture, bedding, bathrooms. Very quiet and the place was full. Ample number of restaurants are nearby and a very clean and well stocked Wal-Mart supermarket. Nice grounds, well kept, well lighted parking and plenty of parking at that. A very good value...save your money here and use it on some good food in Jackson's plentiful array of good places to eat.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family