“Great place to stay”

La Quinta Inn Sweetwater
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sweetwater
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We were very pleased with this motel. It is being remodeled and the remodeled room we stayed in was excellent. They served a decent breakfast in a nice space. Highly recommend this motel as an excellent value at this time.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Sweetwater

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Located just off I-20. When heading west the exit to get to the hotel takes you past a Walmart Supercenter with a gas station that sells not only gas but also the diesel I need. Before you get to the hotel you can turn left on Lamar St., cross over the freeway and immediately on your left is a Chinese restaurant that serves a buffet that was surprisingly good. The hotel itself was undergoing renovations and our room was recently updated and very pleasant. The morning free breakfast was better than most and I especially remember the delicious sauce they had for the eggs and the good quality bacon. The breakfast staff was very friendly and kept the area spotless.

A La Quinta traveler

El Paso, Texas, USA
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We chose the hotel because they are pet friendly (no deposit required!). We were also surpised and teh negative reviews. The rooms have been recently renovated- marble in bathrooms and you could tell recently painted. The beds were great. The front desk staff were very helpful - they put us about as far aawy from traffic as possible- without our even asking! BUT the highlight of the event was Cruz's homemade ranchero sauce at thier free hot breakfast. It was fabulous just by itslef- even better on scrambled eggs! [We knew for sure we were back in Texas!! :) ] The price ($114) seemed a little high but with a newly renovated room, free hot breakfast and no extra charge for our dog, we felt it was well worthwhile. Would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back which will be quieter.
Reviewed 22 February 2013

stayed here Feb. 19th & 20th, 2013. This place awful, the room smelled terrible, no vent fans in bathroom just a hole cut in wall which has mold growing around it, they allow dogs which I don't mind but a large one barked all night, complained to the front desk and was told they could not inforce their own rules, no phone books in rooms, was told they took them out because no one uses them anymore, one small bar of soap in the room and towels and washcloths stained and yellow looking, bed was clean but linens and comforters need replaced they are old and shabby. Their rate is entirely to high!!! This is a one star motel at best, Stay someplace else!!! The interior walls are starting to crumble and there are cracks in the tile floors they do not look clean! Was here to attend a funeral for a family member in Sweetwater.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I have to admit, I am extremely surprised to see all of the negative reviews on here. I stay in Sweetwater every time I go to visit family in Oklahoma (it's basically the halfway point for us) and I always stay at this LaQuinta. I have NEVER had any problems with the staff, they have always been very kind and helpful.

They ARE in the midst of some pretty heavy renovations. We're not just talking painting, etc. When I was just through at the middle and end of November, they were working on their breakfast room, and they had the jackhammers going the morning we checked out. They appear to be doing a COMPLETE overhaul, which (I assume) will eventually include the rooms. Admittedly, I don't know for certain, but I will be staying there again in a couple of weeks and will try to remember to ask.

I have never tried the pool, so I can't make any assertions on that.

I have never had a dirty room, and nothing has ever happened to my car. The rooms certainly aren't anything particularly special, but I don't think they're bad, either. They match up pretty well with most other motels I have stayed at.

I have stayed at this LQ eight times in the past two years, and will be tacking on numbers 9 and 10 this month.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family