“Nice Suprise”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sweetwater
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Nice Suprise”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have stayed at other La Quinta Motels before over the years but this one was the best. very clean very well decorated nice room and very close to a lot of restaruants. Staff were very pleasant and the breakfast very good.

Room Tip: I asked for a room at the back away from the freeway which wasn't a worry
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I moved from CA to VA with two St. Bernards and an 18-year-old cat, so my opinions are heavily weighted in how pet friendly a place is.
This La Quinta was a surprise because we particularly stopped in Sweetwater to visit family, so we have stayed in town many times before, and never had a great place to stay. This La Quinta was very nice. Clean, quiet, and not run-down and dumpy like the other places we've stayed.
There was a nice grassy strip away from the road on which to walk the dogs, and the fridge worked great.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family and I are traveling cross country from NC. We have been staying at La Quintas along the way, which have been wonderful and clean considering we also have 2 dogs with us. This La Quinta is awful. Upon arrival: this motel is right off the highway and in a fairly sketchy part of (a very sketchy) town. We do have our dogs with us, other LQ have had our room directly next to a grassy are This one has no grassy area even close to our room. Walking into our hall area it smells heavily of musk and mold. The room smelled HEAVILY of urine with a spritz of cheap cleanser (yes I realize I have my dogs but cleaning should be a priority as other LQs have shown it is possible to have a clean pet friendly room). The AC is a wall unit that rattles very loudly, there is old wall paper sneaking up everywhere ( cheaply "renovated") the towels... Smell barely clean and one had a large red/brown stain. Filthy. Very thin walls. Dirty bathroom and no garbage bags.
Though this is just a one night stay, I barely feel safe or comfortable here. So much that we are leaving at dawn.
Yes I know it is cheap, yes I have pets. BUT this is very unsatisfactory There is really no excuse for how filthy this place is. This should be torn down or fully remodeled.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank AB28540
Mike N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sweetwater, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

The hotel is located just off the freeway and there is an 8 foot fence around the perimeter. We've just fully renovated the hotel and all the walls have acrylic texture and paint. The building layout is an L shape and in the center is the pool and grassy area for guests to walk their pets. Just wanted to pass this information to you for future travels through the Sweetwater area.

Thank you for your recent stay, we hope to see you again soon!
FORT WORTH
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed in Sweetwater for the first time ever in my travels. I was thinking that the inflated motel prices that started with all the oil drilling activity in the Midland-Odessa area had not reached Sweetwater, but sadly I found that I was a couple of weeks too late to get a normally-priced room there.What should have been about $60 was $120. Otherwise the stay was great. The room was well-appointed & clean. Everything worked. Great full breakfast. I haven't stayed much in La Quintas much in the last few years, so I was pleasantly surprised to see an expanded tv channel selection.

Room Tip: The property is on the service road of I-20, but it is far enough from the actual freeway to be plen...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jackalopefw
Mike N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sweetwater, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Sweetwater La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.
Phoenix
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here on a trip across the country. Right off the highway and easy on and off. There are plenty of restaurants near by. The hotel was clean and clearly nearing the end of recent renovations. The room was nicely decorated, clean and crisp. Pet friendly too. Breakfast was one of the nicest spreads I've seen in a while for the included breakfast. They had scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, yogurts, bagels, juices and coffee. Nice way to start the day. And who doesn't love eating a waffle shaped like Texas! Really pretty front entry and eating area. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We were very pleased with this motel. It is being remodeled and the remodeled room we stayed in was excellent. They served a decent breakfast in a nice space. Highly recommend this motel as an excellent value at this time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Located just off I-20. When heading west the exit to get to the hotel takes you past a Walmart Supercenter with a gas station that sells not only gas but also the diesel I need. Before you get to the hotel you can turn left on Lamar St., cross over the freeway and immediately on your left is a Chinese restaurant that serves a buffet that was surprisingly good. The hotel itself was undergoing renovations and our room was recently updated and very pleasant. The morning free breakfast was better than most and I especially remember the delicious sauce they had for the eggs and the good quality bacon. The breakfast staff was very friendly and kept the area spotless.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family