“Much better”

La Quinta Inn Sweetwater
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sweetwater
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Ok I was forced to come back. But must say they have updated it quite a bit. The rooms actually feel clean beds could be better, but ok. Much improved from my last review of this hotel. Breakfast was good, the fruit was not. The seating was nice. Was informed that they updated everything but the kitchen. But all in all a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Thin walls, awful maid service, and the smell of cigarette smoke. Hey, at least the woman at check in warns you in advance and does her best to prevent it from being a shock. Tons of oil and railroad workers flood this hotel every night. They also like to leave little dings on your car from their doors and park very close to your own car overnight. I spent 3 nights at this hotel on business in Snyder. It needs work. The maid service is a joke. Not once did she change the sheets, bring replacement soap, replacement shampoo, ran out of toilet paper, no ice bucket...just total crap. She didn't even empty the garbage pail! Just came in with new towels and re-made the bed. Wow...what service! The room smelled like an ashtray and I was in the no-smoking wing of the hotel. I had to go buy auto air fresheners to cover up the smell while I was there. The smell of smoke made you want to gag.

If you can bare to drive another 40 miles or so...hit the La Quinta in Big Spring instead.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I'm always interested in reading poor reviews to see what really caused the problem. Read the recent poor reviews carefully to correctly analyze the reviewer's motive. I recently stayed here and was quite impressed. Decor was nice with such amenities as good reding lighting,lots of electrical outlets and plenty of parking. Breakfast area and food was beyond normal "free" breakfast. Price was a little high but I would strongly recommend staying here. Front desk was pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have stayed at other La Quinta Motels before over the years but this one was the best. very clean very well decorated nice room and very close to a lot of restaruants. Staff were very pleasant and the breakfast very good.

Room Tip: I asked for a room at the back away from the freeway which wasn't a worry
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I moved from CA to VA with two St. Bernards and an 18-year-old cat, so my opinions are heavily weighted in how pet friendly a place is.
This La Quinta was a surprise because we particularly stopped in Sweetwater to visit family, so we have stayed in town many times before, and never had a great place to stay. This La Quinta was very nice. Clean, quiet, and not run-down and dumpy like the other places we've stayed.
There was a nice grassy strip away from the road on which to walk the dogs, and the fridge worked great.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family and I are traveling cross country from NC. We have been staying at La Quintas along the way, which have been wonderful and clean considering we also have 2 dogs with us. This La Quinta is awful. Upon arrival: this motel is right off the highway and in a fairly sketchy part of (a very sketchy) town. We do have our dogs with us, other LQ have had our room directly next to a grassy are This one has no grassy area even close to our room. Walking into our hall area it smells heavily of musk and mold. The room smelled HEAVILY of urine with a spritz of cheap cleanser (yes I realize I have my dogs but cleaning should be a priority as other LQs have shown it is possible to have a clean pet friendly room). The AC is a wall unit that rattles very loudly, there is old wall paper sneaking up everywhere ( cheaply "renovated") the towels... Smell barely clean and one had a large red/brown stain. Filthy. Very thin walls. Dirty bathroom and no garbage bags.
Though this is just a one night stay, I barely feel safe or comfortable here. So much that we are leaving at dawn.
Yes I know it is cheap, yes I have pets. BUT this is very unsatisfactory There is really no excuse for how filthy this place is. This should be torn down or fully remodeled.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank AB28540
Mike N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sweetwater, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

The hotel is located just off the freeway and there is an 8 foot fence around the perimeter. We've just fully renovated the hotel and all the walls have acrylic texture and paint. The building layout is an L shape and in the center is the pool and grassy area for guests to walk their pets. Just wanted to pass this information to you for future travels through the Sweetwater area.

Thank you for your recent stay, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed in Sweetwater for the first time ever in my travels. I was thinking that the inflated motel prices that started with all the oil drilling activity in the Midland-Odessa area had not reached Sweetwater, but sadly I found that I was a couple of weeks too late to get a normally-priced room there.What should have been about $60 was $120. Otherwise the stay was great. The room was well-appointed & clean. Everything worked. Great full breakfast. I haven't stayed much in La Quintas much in the last few years, so I was pleasantly surprised to see an expanded tv channel selection.

Room Tip: The property is on the service road of I-20, but it is far enough from the actual freeway to be plen...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jackalopefw
Mike N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Sweetwater, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Sweetwater La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.