I found the property to be fine for my needs. Based on reviews this year compared to last the property has appeared to have gone through a renovation (and may still be going through it). Where I stayed (Southeast end of the buildings) the rooms had been renovated and the AC in my room provided a refrigerator like environment if I let it.
1) Breakfast (for a LaQuinta) was huge, basically a full breakfast. Eggs, one or two meats, grits, biscuits plus the traditional LaQuinta offerings. I had read many reviews talking about the breakfast and they were for the most part accurate. The breakfast was usually set up well before the 6 AM scheduled start time. The staff working the breakfast was always checking to see if anything was needed. Work of warning to first time guests - at 6 AM there are a number of people in the breakfast area - you will not have a quiet intimate meal at 610 AM (it ain't going to happen).
2) Convenience - It's close to I-20 with easy access.
3) Quiet - Getting to sleep at 10 PM was not an issue.
4) Service - I found the staff to be very nice with one exception (see the not so good).
5) Value - Good value for the money.
Not so good.
1) Spotty Housekeeping. My room was clean and well taken care of except for 1 day when it wasn't (and a left a nice tip in the room each day). I basically was left with no soap and shampoo (good thing I have back ups).
2) Parking - I wish there was more parking on the east side of the property.
3) Wifi - I had good wifi access, others I traveled with, not so much. I saw the spotty service and I can understand other people's comments about the service.
The comments about the "pull-down on the faucet to start the shower" are correct and the front desk did tell me about it. Since I had encountered this "feature" before at other hotels, I was prepared. I would also wonder if there are "dog rooms" versus "non-dog rooms"......
All in all, this is a good property and I would return to it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta - Sweetwater is located just off the freeway. With newly renovated rooms that offer flat panel TV's, Pillow top beds, Micro-Fridge in every room and Free Wi-Fi. We offer the best hot buffet breakfast that is freshly cooked on premises. Come stay with us and Wake up on the Bright Side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your La Quinta Inn Sweetwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Sweetwater
- Sweetwater La Quinta