“Good value- helpful caring staff!”

Stay Express Inn & Suites Sweetwater
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sweetwater
Sweetwater, Texas
“Good value- helpful caring staff!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family had a room reserved for a few days. We had to keep extending our stay at the last minute due to our plans changing. We ended up staying almost a week and a half. The management worked with our schedule and gave us a reasonable rate throughout. The cleaning staff respected our privacy and were quick to supply towels and anything we requested. The breakfast was always good and hot, and plentiful. We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and now that we live in Sweetwater, I will always recommend to family and friends to stay here. They are pet friendly and the best value in town!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kingsland, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights to visit my cousin who was in Sweetwater for wind turbine boot camp and to go to area flea markets to search for furniture to refinish. The first room they put us in the temperature was about 100 degrees in the room so they switched us to another room which wasn't quite as hot. Bed was comfortable but the room itself was dingy and drab. There was no way to even sit at the desk with the computer as there were no lights near the desk and no socket to plug the computer in for electricity. When I was taking a shower, the water went back and forth between scalding and ice cold (no water was being run in our room) several times and when I complained at the end of the stay all that was said was that they would get maintenance on it. No offer of any compensation for the pain caused by scalding water.

The pool was okay except for the fact that the gates were locked in the open position so any child could have come into the pool area and no one would have been the wiser, This is VERY unsafe!

Breakfast was very poor, nothing to drink but coffee and the eggs made my husband sick to the point that we had to stay near a restroom for the majority of the day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the buildings were probably have been cooler than south facing rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Sweetwater hotels

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 18 July 2013

people are nice and welcoming. good value for money for the staying experience. it has some irregularities however staffs usually respond quickly. the place needs bit of renovation and drive for cleanliness.
overall- decent choice to stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had a reservation on a Saturday here. I called before I left town to confirm they had me down and to also confirm they had a pool. I have kids, so that was VERY important. When I arrive to the motel, I am greeted by the clerk who is very nice, but managers of the place (I believe they were husband and wife) were disrespectful and rude. The managers had me in a room upstairs. The nice clerk says she has some rooms available downstairs and starts showing me where they are when the manager (the male) says "No, she is downstairs!" I kind of just laughed it off, but then the clerk says, "you do know the pool is down". No one bothered to tell me that when I called earlier that morning. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE! After reading all the other reviews, I'M GLAD I DIDN'T STAY HERE!

Denton, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Our room was so dirty. Brown spots in the bathroom and the bottom drawer of the chest below the TV was full of someone else's trash. The phone was not plugged in because the cord was stuck under one of the bed bases, the lamps were not plugged in so no light when you entered and the shades were torn and hanging sideways. One can only imagine the beds and carpet. I didn't was to take my socks off to sleep. The Management scrubbed the wall in the bath and plugged in the phone and the cleaning "person" cleared the trash later. The pool was cloudy the whole weekend. It was a family reunion with kids swimming. My brother went to Wal-mart for shock for the pool and I used Clorox clean-up for everything. Mgmt was responsive after the fact but too late.

Room Tip: No good rooms
Sweetwater, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I would rather spend the night in my car.I stayed in room 111,it had no security chain and this allowed the maid service to walk in with out knocking at 8:30 am.I had checked in at 11:30pm the night before and would check out that morning There was no don't disturbe sign in the room.the bugs were everywhere and the room needs many repairs. When I spoke with the manager he was not kind at all. I only needed to hear him say there would be changes and an I'm sorry but that did not happen.

Room Tip: Room 111 don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling from AZ to NY. We stopped here because they are pet friendly. The room was fine for the price compared to other hotels in the area. Parking lot was a little dark. Room was clean and spacious. It could use some updating and attention to detail. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013