“Very Good Budget Hotel with wide choice Breakfast included!”

Stay Express Inn & Suites Sweetwater
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Sweetwater
Austin, Texas
“Very Good Budget Hotel with wide choice Breakfast included!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Booked via Priceline and paid with paypal so check-in was a breeze. There was ice on the ground outside but the room was warm and ready. Free Wi-fi worked fine in the room, as did coffee maker, microwave and fridge.

Buffet breakfast opened at 5:30 am with coffee, hot water for tea, biscuits and Texas white gravy, toast, tortillas , salsa, scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon , cereal, yogurt, granola, bananas, fruit coctail--you could even cook your own waffles! TV running the news and weather, thankfully it was not Fox News. Friendly front desk staff made the stay pleasant. Noticed they had weekly rates and a guest laundromat Will stop again if another long road trip brings us back.

Room Tip: Two floors wtih exterior access , so we asked for a bottom floor room because my wife had a cast and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank malonetravels2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The beds were nice and comfortable, the linens were immaculate. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating of our various needs--they went far and above mere duty and served me as well or better than I have been served at fine hotels.

This motel was just right for our family. With a budget in mind, I just cannot afford an $85 room. Keep in mind that the building is older and the carpet is tired, but my wife and I were very satisfied with the cleanliness. The breakfast was complete with sausage and eggs and the other "continental" fare

We are so glad that we did not try to get a motel in Midland/Odessa as the prices have doubled there due to the oil boom.

From the front desk clerks to the maids cleaning the rooms, everyone was great!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sweetwater, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family had a room reserved for a few days. We had to keep extending our stay at the last minute due to our plans changing. We ended up staying almost a week and a half. The management worked with our schedule and gave us a reasonable rate throughout. The cleaning staff respected our privacy and were quick to supply towels and anything we requested. The breakfast was always good and hot, and plentiful. We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and now that we live in Sweetwater, I will always recommend to family and friends to stay here. They are pet friendly and the best value in town!

Kingsland, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights to visit my cousin who was in Sweetwater for wind turbine boot camp and to go to area flea markets to search for furniture to refinish. The first room they put us in the temperature was about 100 degrees in the room so they switched us to another room which wasn't quite as hot. Bed was comfortable but the room itself was dingy and drab. There was no way to even sit at the desk with the computer as there were no lights near the desk and no socket to plug the computer in for electricity. When I was taking a shower, the water went back and forth between scalding and ice cold (no water was being run in our room) several times and when I complained at the end of the stay all that was said was that they would get maintenance on it. No offer of any compensation for the pain caused by scalding water.

The pool was okay except for the fact that the gates were locked in the open position so any child could have come into the pool area and no one would have been the wiser, This is VERY unsafe!

Breakfast was very poor, nothing to drink but coffee and the eggs made my husband sick to the point that we had to stay near a restroom for the majority of the day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the buildings were probably have been cooler than south facing rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Sweetwater hotels

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 18 July 2013

people are nice and welcoming. good value for money for the staying experience. it has some irregularities however staffs usually respond quickly. the place needs bit of renovation and drive for cleanliness.
overall- decent choice to stay in.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had a reservation on a Saturday here. I called before I left town to confirm they had me down and to also confirm they had a pool. I have kids, so that was VERY important. When I arrive to the motel, I am greeted by the clerk who is very nice, but managers of the place (I believe they were husband and wife) were disrespectful and rude. The managers had me in a room upstairs. The nice clerk says she has some rooms available downstairs and starts showing me where they are when the manager (the male) says "No, she is downstairs!" I kind of just laughed it off, but then the clerk says, "you do know the pool is down". No one bothered to tell me that when I called earlier that morning. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE! After reading all the other reviews, I'M GLAD I DIDN'T STAY HERE!

Denton, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Our room was so dirty. Brown spots in the bathroom and the bottom drawer of the chest below the TV was full of someone else's trash. The phone was not plugged in because the cord was stuck under one of the bed bases, the lamps were not plugged in so no light when you entered and the shades were torn and hanging sideways. One can only imagine the beds and carpet. I didn't was to take my socks off to sleep. The Management scrubbed the wall in the bath and plugged in the phone and the cleaning "person" cleared the trash later. The pool was cloudy the whole weekend. It was a family reunion with kids swimming. My brother went to Wal-mart for shock for the pool and I used Clorox clean-up for everything. Mgmt was responsive after the fact but too late.

Room Tip: No good rooms