“Ok place to eat”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Don't expect a high end restaurant here! The food is similar to other restaurants, steaks seemed a little expensive. Salads were average price (about $10), but VERY large in size, and would have given me 2 or 3 meals! I had a burger and fries, it tasted ok, nothing mind blowing, but I wasn't expecting that here. BBQ food was aparently very tasty, and the portion was large (and it comes with all you can eat sides). My big thing here was that they do not season the fries, THANK YOU!!! You have no idea what a great thing this is!
Don't go here expecting a 4-star place. It's a decent local eatery. Great server when I was there.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've eaten here multiple times in my life and I have never had a very pleasant experience so it would behoove me to stop going. After a terrible experience tonight I can tell you I will not be going back. The service is piss poor, literally some of the worst service I've ever received. The food is decent when the order finally gets taken and it eventually arrives (by next Christmas). To the lady who served us tonight dark hair, poor hygiene, muffin top. If you ever read this you are absolutely horrendous at your job and should think about a "career" change. Nonetheless for any prospective customers, yeah just avoid this laughable joint.

1  Thank CaptainAmerica14
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I read the last review and I disagree with most of it, must have been a mad local...:)
The food was actually really good. We split the Huge Fried Platter of appetizers which included zucchini, green beans and pickles and all were really good and fattening! The pickles were freshly battered and fried, the others were frozen and pre-battered, all were cooked great, not soggy or fishy smelling. As for pricing, they might be a bit high for Sweetwater, app plate was 8.99, Hamburger was 7.99 plus a 1.00 for bacon! I know, I am a health nut. Their specialty is suppose to be steaks and Bar-b-que, but their hamburger was amazing! And covered in bacon!
As far as the service goes, my wife and I travel and eat out quite a bit and our server, Christian, is one of the best! He is a young man who greeted us when we came into the restaurant, helped with the menu, never let my tea glass run dry(that is important in west Texas), even had two to-go glasses ready for my wife and was just really a pleasure to meet! Great job Christian!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Bad food - high prices - poor service. Why anyone goes here more than once beats me. Go to Big Boys instead.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Found this place driving through Sweetwater, and was very impressed with the breakfast (which apparently breakfast is new for this restaurant). Very affordable, home cooked meal. There was too much to eat, but the pancakes were delicious, and the bacon crisp. I was also impressed with the friendliness of the one person that seemed to be working there. She was outstanding, covering two rooms and running the register. Will stop there again on the next trip.