“Pleasant”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Colwich, Kansas
“Pleasant”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for several consecutive nights. We were very pleased with every element of the hotel: rooms were comfortable, clean, well laid out, nicely furnished; very good breakfast, extremely pleasant staff. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Temple.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lamerunner
TempleCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
We are thrilled to hear you truly enjoyed your stay here at the Temple Country Inn & Suites and hope to see you the next time you are in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

I got this hotel through Hotwire at a superb rate and was extremely impressed at the great deal I got. Hotel was extremely clean though they had some remodeling. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
TempleCIS_GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again once our renovations are comple! Should you need any help with a future reservation you can contact us directly at the hotel with any questions. Thank you.
Gatesville, Texas
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Priceline and ended up with a nasty smelling smoking room. Everything smelled like cigarettes even the shower curtain. Phone did not work so I used my cell phone to call the desk. A very nice clerk apologized for all the problems we had in our room. Ok so the phone did not work. The wifi only worked if we walked out into the hallway. It was the first cold night of the fall. We turned on the heater and it filled the room with a horrible smell and set off the smoke alarm. So no phone, no heater, no wifi, and we slept in an ashtray. Called Priceline. Sorry but we can't promise a smoke free room. I made sure they were aware I was no longer a customer. I bet that shook up the whole corporation and Captain Kirk. Lesson learned. Never book with Priceline and never stay at a Country Inn and Suites.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
TempleCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had while staying with us. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I am grateful that you brought them to my attention. As a gesture of good will, I wish to extend a refund to you for your stay.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the phone number listed below.

Shelly L. 254-778-6700
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

My experience at this Country Inn & Suites was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very welcoming.
The room I stayed in was wonderful. Every thing seemed clean and the decor looked nice. I had an easy sleep because the bed was soft.
This hotel also has an indoor pool and a hot tub, which was a major plus for my two sons.
The breakfast was above average compared to most hotels that I have stayed in.
I will be staying here again if I ever return back to Temple, Tx.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jhand2
Atlanta, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I traveled to Temple for an appointment with the VA Regional Hospital. The hotel's location offered an easy, stress free route to the main gate of the hospital. Additionally, the location provided many eating establishments within walking distance.
As with many national chain hotels, I found room very well kept and most importantly...a quite environment!
As a member of the US Armed Forces, the hotel allowed me to stay at the government perdiem rate.
The only disappointment I had, the hotel's complimentary wifi signal was very weak with my room not far from the main lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Schulenburg, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We arrived a few minutes after the check-in time and the rooms were still being cleaned. My husband explained that we were attending a banquet that evening and needed to get dressed. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. They checked us into the first cleaned room which was within five minutes. We weren't in our room thirty minutes when the phone rang and it was the front desk calling to ensure we were satisfied with our room. The hotel and room was very clean. It is our understanding that they had just furnished each room with new beds and mattresses which were extremely comfy. The free breakfast had cold and warm items to choose from and was well stocked. Overall, Excellent value for this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
woodway
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband was hospitalized @ Scott & White Hospita on emergency basisl. The Country Inn & Suites is very close to S&W. I walked in @ 8:30pm and was given my senior discount rate upon request. I did not have a reservation which I usually do prior to arrival at hotels - did not have access to computer. I was impressed from the minute I walked in the door of the hotel from the cleanliness of the entry/breakfast area to the warm greeting of desk clerk. The decor was very nice. There were fresh sugar cookies, mints for the taking. When I entered my room, it, too, was clean, smart looking from the entry marble tile to the immaculate room/bathroom. The king bed had a deep mattress that was very comfortable. The linens were crisp and spotless - neatly tucked in all around. Plenty of room in both the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom had tub/shower combo and was free of mold. Plenty of towels and there were the usual complimentary toiletries. The a/c kept my room cool. The furniture in my room and that of the downstairs looked relatively new - no worn areas or stains. I did not use the indoor pool or whirlpool, but would have if I'd brought my bathing suit - looked very inviting. The free breakfast had omelets, waffles,fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, hote/cold cereals, coffee/juice, etc. I would definitely stay at this wonderful hotel again and will recommend to my friends/family that might be accessing Temple overnight.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo