“Perfectly reasonable hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Staff were friendly and helpfull. rooms well furnished and fitted. free wifi in rooms. small gym, with a couple of running machines, but access to a gym up the road if required.
no complaints, a perfectly comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FraserCool

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently. It's ok, nothing great. In fact, there are no high end hotels in temple. Bfast was free and edible, but that's about it. Bunch of 2.5-3 star hotels right next to each other. Not one really stuck out as being great

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites for several consecutive nights. We were very pleased with every element of the hotel: rooms were comfortable, clean, well laid out, nicely furnished; very good breakfast, extremely pleasant staff. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Temple.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lamerunner
TempleCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

We are thrilled to hear you truly enjoyed your stay here at the Temple Country Inn & Suites and hope to see you the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

I got this hotel through Hotwire at a superb rate and was extremely impressed at the great deal I got. Hotel was extremely clean though they had some remodeling. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012
TempleCIS_GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again once our renovations are comple! Should you need any help with a future reservation you can contact us directly at the hotel with any questions. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Booked this hotel through Priceline and ended up with a nasty smelling smoking room. Everything smelled like cigarettes even the shower curtain. Phone did not work so I used my cell phone to call the desk. A very nice clerk apologized for all the problems we had in our room. Ok so the phone did not work. The wifi only worked if we walked out into the hallway. It was the first cold night of the fall. We turned on the heater and it filled the room with a horrible smell and set off the smoke alarm. So no phone, no heater, no wifi, and we slept in an ashtray. Called Priceline. Sorry but we can't promise a smoke free room. I made sure they were aware I was no longer a customer. I bet that shook up the whole corporation and Captain Kirk. Lesson learned. Never book with Priceline and never stay at a Country Inn and Suites.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
TempleCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had while staying with us. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I am grateful that you brought them to my attention. As a gesture of good will, I wish to extend a refund to you for your stay.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the phone number listed below.

Shelly L. 254-778-6700

Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

My experience at this Country Inn & Suites was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very welcoming.
The room I stayed in was wonderful. Every thing seemed clean and the decor looked nice. I had an easy sleep because the bed was soft.
This hotel also has an indoor pool and a hot tub, which was a major plus for my two sons.
The breakfast was above average compared to most hotels that I have stayed in.
I will be staying here again if I ever return back to Temple, Tx.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Jhand2
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I traveled to Temple for an appointment with the VA Regional Hospital. The hotel's location offered an easy, stress free route to the main gate of the hospital. Additionally, the location provided many eating establishments within walking distance.
As with many national chain hotels, I found room very well kept and most importantly...a quite environment!
As a member of the US Armed Forces, the hotel allowed me to stay at the government perdiem rate.
The only disappointment I had, the hotel's complimentary wifi signal was very weak with my room not far from the main lobby.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo