“Excellent Hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed in room 122 of the Country Inn & Suites in Temple, TX the night of August 27, 2013. When I arrived earlier than the official check-in time, the manager Shelly Lugo checked with housekeeping and found my room was ready so she checked me in. This was much appreciated. My room was at the end of the hall on the main floor. I found the room (a king bed) to be very clean, with plenty of pillows, a good hair dryer, a clock radio and flat screen tv. And the air conditioner works well! They provide a complimentary breakfast which is not unusual, but this hotel uses real dishes, glasses, and silverware...no Styrofoam and plastic! The lady who takes care of the breakfast is very pleasant and helpful..checking with everyone to see if they needed anything else. A USA Today newspaper is provided on each table. I can highly recommend this Country Inn & Suites to anyone going to Temple, TX, and I plan to stay there the next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Room 122 is at the end of the hall. No guest room next door and only 3 or 4 rooms across the hall. V...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Patnf,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We love to see when our guests are able to experience all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We are thrilled to see that Shelly was able to accommodate your early check-in request. Our guests' comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Anita S.
Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Temple

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I decided to stay here while in town for my Dad's VA appointments based on reviews here. I was nervous because I almost always stay at Marriott properties. I am SO glad that I did. This place is wonderful. Very clean, updated, modern with everything you could need. Our double queen had a microwave and frig. They kindly let us check in early so my Dad could get some rest after his morning procedure. The breakfast was AWESOME! By far, the best of any free breakfast I've had a hotel of this level. Actually, it was better than some I've had at higher level hotels. We will be staying here every time we come to Temple from now on!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Great rate, very clean well appointed room.
Close to hospital destination.
Very complete free breakfast.
Exercise room, indoor pool & hot tub.
Very pleasant staff.
Only negative is single narrow, easy to miss entrance - check directions first
Best extra - great fresh cookies

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Country Inn and Suites in Temple used to be a Hampton Inn. Now they provide the same OR BETTER service at a greater value. The staff was 4.0 from initial phone contact to check out. Even the breakfast was excellent. Hampton Inn would have charged about $150 for what I got for under $100 with no add on charges. WELL DONE!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tb c
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I so appreciate the hospitality of the entire staff, their cheerfulness, and efficient services. The room was maintained daily. The hotel is clean and highly maintained. Breakfast is great. They pay attention to detail here. I was here two weeks.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank BROWNFOG
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed here while we were remodeling. It is a great hotel. Rooms were very nice. Staff was the friendlist I have ever met. Breakfast was great also. Indoor pool for my 8 year old. I wish all hotels were this nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Clean updated rooms, free breakfast, super nice staff. Free Internet. Quite rooms with comfortable Seriously I really liked it. Everything about it was great. Fresh baked cookies were superb. Lobby was clean and nice

• Stayed: April 2012