“Clean, quiet place to stop” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Temple

Candlewood Suites Temple
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Temple
La Porte, TX
“Clean, quiet place to stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was just a one night stay in Temple, so I did not experience more than just sleeping there. The location is conveniently located off the highway, and within walking distance to the Scott and White Hospital. With a kitchen type set up in the rooms I would guess that this would be a nice extended stay location for visits to the hospital.

I have no complaints regarding my stay...the rooms were clean and the beds and pillows comfortable. Flat screen television and refrigerator appear the standard. Numerous places to eat within 5 minutes, as well as a mall with a Dillards and Macys.

Wifi and A/C worked fine.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if passing through.

Room Tip: My room was directly beside the elevator and I never heard it, nor did I hear sirens from the hospit...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank carnbravila
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Temple, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear carnbravila,

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Levittown, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

I always fair on reviews. I hate those not picky people that leave negative reviews for no reason.
I read the reviews for this hotel before booking and the reviews were all over the place. Some good, some bad, but i have it a shot.
The hotel wasn't completely disgusting bit two things I saw that made me say I am not coming back.
I dirty tissue on the floor of the elevator when I checked in at 9pm. The same dirty tissue in the same place at 10am when I checked out.
And then as I was ironing my shirt and pants in the morning in my room, I walk away for a minute, walk back, and see a giant roach sitting on the ironing board. I grabbed my stuff and left and will not be back.
Actual pics are attached.
Stay away.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank bcrummy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Temple, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear bcrummy,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We would like to apologize that the cleanliness of the elevator and room fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our guests enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Prices are better than the others in the area and rooms are large, clean, and there is a helpful staff. Quite area with a great bed and pillows for good sleeping. The handicaped room is truly ADA compliant.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank VentureTexas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stay in Candlewood Suites all the time. I stayed in the Candlewood Suites in Temple and have stayed there several times before but after the stay this time NOT AGAIN. Where do we start the thermostatt in my room didnt work for heat or air. Above the bed and pictures looks like it had never beem dusted. The toilet paper roller was broken an was sitting on the bathroom counter. The WIFI SUCKS and when I called the fd agent i think his name was Charlie or something like that he argued with me an told me well my laptop is working and so is my cell phone. Well got news for ya I work for a Wifi company and no WAY an ACCESS POINT FROM THE LOBBY WOULD WORK ON MY FLOOR. When asking him 2 days in a row for the tech support number he said he didnt know it and refused to even look for the number. But he guaranteed me he would leave a note both days for maintenance still unable to login still doesnt work and still no tech support number!!! Further more that boy needs some customer service training an an attitude adjustment!!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Bullrider9785
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Temple, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear Bullrider9785,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. We apologize you found the room amenities, internet services as well as customer service unacceptable. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Blanco, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

I am from Temple, and usually stay at the Hilton across the street when visiting family. The Hilton didn't have what I was looking for this time, so I decided to try this new Candlewood across the street-HUGE MISTAKE. Drove three hours from San Antonio, an hour of that I tried calling the hotel to double check my reservation, no answer. I thought surely they were just busy. Finally made it to the hotel at about 9pm- no one in sight so I rang the bell. The girl was literally right there, why she didn't get up to help me when I came in, I don't know? She just stared at me like I was bothering her. I told her I need to check in, and she informed me that she was studying and her finals were killing her. As she finally took it upon herself to check me in, I let her know that I had called several times for the past hour and no one answered, she said it was weird and nothing else. As we were standing there, I took out my cell phone where she couldn't see and called again, it rang- but she didn't bother to answer. I told her that was me that just called, and she said that the phone lines must have been down before, because no one has called all night- didn't buy it. Since she was close to me now, I am pretty sure I woke her up. Her hair was a mess, mascara all under her eyes, very unprofessional.

That was just checkin, lets get to the stay....

Overall hotel was very nice looking, which I expected from a new hotel. I should have taken the man walking around the front lobby in his robe, and the unprofessional staff as a sign!
Beds- not comfortable at all. Hard and noisy
Pillows- flat and uncomfortable
Walls- thin, way too thin.

I am currently still at the hotel, waiting for my kids to wake up, we just checked in a few hours ago. Yes, it is 4am. Why am I awake? Because the room above my room (200) is so loud, running, stomping, etc. that it woke my husband and I both up. Called the front desk and the guy said, "I don't know what I can do unless you can go find out what room number they are." I have stayed at older hotels than this, very fancy hotels, some not so great hotels, etc, and never have I been told to get out of the bed I'm paying for at 4am and go find out where all the noise is coming from. As soon as my kids wake up, we are checking out a day early. I will not give this hotel one more dime. Hilton is across the street, I have never had this issue with them- AND THEY HAVE CLEANING, INDOOR POOL, and MORE....

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Cassidy R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Temple, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Dear Roger E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Again, thank you for staying with us and providing us with a candid feedback.

Joel B
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

It is a very nice hotel and will have amazing rooms... when they are done with them. It is more of a permanent stay hotel with each room have full size kitchens, but there are good price discounts online. Our room still had some wet paint and it wasn't very professionally done, but it was okay.

Room Tip: Look for prices online first!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon C
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

This was without a doubt the worst hotel experience of my life. The elevator reeked of cigarette smoke, the walls were paper thin and I could hear the televisions from across the hall. Everytime the room above us moved, we could hear it. Full Kitchen? No. They gave us one bowl, two plates, two forks, and two knives. I've never stayed in a hotel that doesn't take our trash and their "once a week room service" was nothing more than them making the bed. We had to stay here for 15 DAYS...There was a dead roach belly up in our closet from the first day, until this morning when we checked out. I asked for towels and was told I need to bring my dirty ones down in order to get new ones, and could not be given an extra bowl for my husband, without turning in the other one. To top it off, NO BREAKFAST!? Even the Days Inn provides breakfast. Not to mention, they looked at me like I was asking them to do rocket science when I needed my bill split between two company credit cards.Ten of us will be returning to Temple next week for two more weeks and we WILL NOT be staying here again...EVER.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Temple, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear cewebb4211,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us. We highly value your views and feedback, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I deeply apologize that your experience with the unusual smell, condition of the room, kitchen amenities and housekeeping services and hotel staff services received has caused inconveniences. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve for our next guest or your next visit.

IHG Care