“Very Satisfied customer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Candlewood Suites Temple
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Temple
“Very Satisfied customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I found this location with my search engine. I went to the location by easily mapping it through the website. The hotel was easily accessible to Interstate 35. It was blocks from the Temple Mall and nearby hospital. There were many popular restaurants located less than 1/2 mile from the hotel. This gave me a variety of eating options. The hotel staff was very kind and helpful. I arrived very late to the hotel and the desk clerk was very professional and expedited my reservation. The first thing that I look at is the lobby. I feel that if a lobby is dirty, then your room will be similar. The lobby in this case was very clean and organized. There was a snack room that had a very large variety of snacks, drink, toiletries, etc. there is no need to run out in the night to get items. The room was very clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable as well. The kitchenette was a major plus. I would gladly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our stay at Candlewood Temple was excellent. It's very clean friendly service and a lot of amenities in the room for comfort and convenience. Would highly recommend giving it a try. We will definitely stay at Candlewood next visit to Temple and reletives who live there.

Room Tip: I like the sun in the window in the mornings as I usually want to sleep late . It gets me up and mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Gloria and Shameka, the General Manager, are two of the greatest ladies you will meet at this facility. They and the entire staff do everything possible to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

My quest for a hotel close to Scott & White Hospital, that would provide the comforts of home, lead me to them and I was very much endeared with the care and compassion the staff showed.

This is truly the place we will be staying for all our return visits to Scott & White.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Excellent customer service. These ladies are gems! We are relocating and sadly have to stay in a hotel while househunting. Very stressful with kids. The staff were troopers dealing with kids for a week. Thumbs up!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Had a terrible experience at the Best Western in town...so in the middle of the night I checked out and went to Candlewood Suites... Soon as I walked in Gloria made all my issues go away with her smile. My room was really nice! I was there for 4 nights but was shocked that the housekeeping "only" cleans your room every 7 days. When I requested a room clean, I was told that it would cost $10. I was really shocked to witness the GM shouting on the phone behind the desk.
Once again... Gloria is the person to make you feel at home!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Yoozy2013
Temple, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have stayed at this hotel as an extended stay customer on two occasions. The first stay was decent. The second stay has been pretty awful. Today, hotel personnel went into all rooms rented to extended stay guests and took all the towels so they could give them to overnight guests since they didn't have enough towels for all their rooms. This was done even though "Do Not Disturb" signs were on the room door. I cannot believe that a hotel would treat it's best customers in this manner!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasTraveler143447
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Temple, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear TexasTraveler143447,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am sorry to hear the poor experience you have encountered during your visit. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lapse in service with our housekeeping staff.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be used to reconsider improvements. We hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! GROSS! They might as well have come in my room and take $120.00 out of my purse. I told them upon arival I would only be staying 2 nights instead of 3 and they would not refund me for one night. They are crooks. Besides...the hotel staff are rude and nasty. The room was NASTY....NASTY....NASTY. There is NO ROOM service. ONLY if you stay for a week. NO CLEAN TOWELS...only ONCE a week. GROSS

Room Tip: Rude...Rude...Rude Hotel Staff.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Temple, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
Dear CTS4858,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Zelyn N