“Convenient; but at a price...”

Hilton Garden Inn Temple
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Temple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Geographically convenient; but, seriously dated furnishings and accessories and a front desk staff that is primarily interested in getting you in-and-out of there and not much else. It's pricey, too: $150 a night for this place is pretty steep considering the zip-code.

1  Thank Albert G
Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Albert,

I am disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations, your comment regarding the front desk staff was most difficult to read. I sincerely apologize that we made you feel this way, I am confident that that was not the message that we meant to send and will work hard to ensure no others feel this way. I take full responsibility for this as we train our Guest Service Agents to give a speedy check in for all our guests...while this might not be what all of our guests want! Point taken and thanks for sharing. I also noticed that you mentioned our dated furnishings and you are 100% on target. We are undergoing a rooms renovation and will be finished with the first of 7 phases the middle of March. I do hope that you give us another opportunity to showcase our talent as well as our new look! I am confident we will show you the value of what you pay, please let me know when you return as I would like to ensure you are given a newly remodeled room as the renovation will not be complete until June 2014.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Temple

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The lobby was inviting and offered free coffee and water along with cookies, muffins, etc. Overall the accommodations were great. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. The food service was outstanding.

Dear Peggy P,

Thank you for recognizing our Newly remodeled Lobby (1 year old this month) and our complimentary offerings in the lobby as well as our extremely friendly and talented staff along with amazing food! I couldn’t help but read between the lines and feel that you were not impressed with our sleeping accommodations, while we have recently installed new beds in all of our rooms we are aware that our rooms are in need of a renovation and I am excited to share that it is occurring as I type! I hope you come back and see us so you can enjoy the fabulous new look along with all of our other wonderful amenities.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed for one night on business. Staff was courteous, the lobby was clean and welcoming, and I saw a very nice pool and hot tub, though I didn't swim. Internet was complementary, and the rooms were fine for getting a little work done before and after meetings. The bed was comfortable. Located across the street from Baylor Scott & White Temple Memorial Hospital, and not far from restaurants. Small bar in the lobby with happy hour until 7pm, and outrageous drink costs after 7pm.

Dear wbcooksey

Thank you for your review and honesty. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff as well as most of our offerings. I was disappointed to hear that our drink prices were higher that you thought they should be. We appreciate your feedback and will reevaluate our prices to our market. We do this at least 2 times a year however will ensure we are competitive with others. We certainly do not want to take advantage of our guests and therefore offer Happy Hour Monday-Friday form 5pm-7pm. We hope to have your business in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

It was a relief when I found my room clean and welcoming. The linen was white and soft. The bed, the pillows, the comforter...were soo comfortable. I slept well each night. No noise, no rudeness...great stay.

Dear Vizmary
I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed a great night’s sleep, this is so very important to us and we strive to make this happen for each of our guest. Ensure the highest quality of bedding; we recently purchased all new Hilton Garden Inn Serta mattresses as well as bedding! This was the beginning of our room’s renovation that will be complete in June of 2014. Come back and check it out!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great Food & Beverage, Convenient to Scott & White. Rooms are nice, clean, in good condition, bathroom not large, but adequate. Only complaint, live music in the lobby and one desk clerk. I suggest chastise the desk clerk and unplug the amp.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Brandon,

Thank you for your honest review, the live music is enjoyed by most however at times it does get loud. We will continue to work with the talent to ensure everyone enjoys their stay with us. You mentioned the rooms were nice however I am inviting you back once our room’s renovation is complete! We are hoping to be 100% complete however will have the first phase complete the middle of March. I truly hope you are able to make your way back to Temple.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I really enjoyed my overall stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Temple. We stayed in a suite on the third floor. The room was very spacious and extremely clean. It was very quite as well. We took advantage of a Valentines Day package they were offering which included dinner for two and breakfast during our stay. The restaurant is worth a try! The wait staff was fantastic! And the food was delicious. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. Great place to stop for lunch or dinner even if you don't plan on staying the night.

Highly recommend this Hilton Garden Inn location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Beth D,

Thank you for partaking in our Valentine’s Day Package, we thoroughly enjoy creating packages for our guest and are thrilled with they take advantage of them. We have a very talented team that put this together and I look forward to sharing your review with them. We appreciate your business as your recommendation to others!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was a very nice stay. "Oscar" at the desk not only was excellent, but later in the evening while passing through the lobby, he greeted me by name! We did not try the restaurant. Room was quiet and the beds were comfy. No problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chaotrl,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier that you will recommend the hotel to others. We have an amazing staff at the desk; we appreciate your business as well as your review!